Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefromeast
Stranger

question about grow box
    #593774 - 10/23/11 11:09 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Hello growery! I plan on making a 5x5 possibly plywood box with a lift door in 1 side of it. I do not know the materials I will need to make this happen so if you would please fill me in on the basics of a plants needs

MY plan:
1.paint the inside white on all sides.
2.looking for a cheap vendor on those led grow lights possibly 350-400w led grow light.
3. Cut to holes maybe 6inches in diameter on top of the grow box for fresh air intake and out. Lay that dryer pipe stuff on both end going to the window or some fresh air source?
4. Don't know what the name of the filter is but I need the filter that eliminates the aroma of these lovely plants on the end of the ou-take pipe?
5. Grab a timer for 12/12 when they are ready to be set into the box for flowering.
6. Seal off all openings in the box, use some kind of strip to seal off most of the light and smell from the openings in the door.
7. No clue what to use for fertilizer.
8. A previous grower told me to use expert gardeners soil, but if u have had a better experience please post here.
9. Not 100% sure if i should cut holes in the bottom of the pots and leave a drain dish/bowl on the bottom to catch any excess water

Things I would like to know:
1. How to keep the plant short and fat?
2. How many times I need to water them a month?
3. What nutrients to use and what soil it works good with?
4. What light source is real easy on the electric bill?
5. If pests happen to get into the house how would I prevent them from reaching the box?
6. Is plywood a potential fire hazard for any light I may be using? If so, is there a better way to go about making a box out of white plastic or any other type of non flammable material that can cover a large space like plywood?
7. How often would the fans have to run in order to keep fresh air in the box?
8. I do know clones need to have different light before introduced into flowering and must have it 24/7. I also believe when flowering they need 12/12. However I do not know the wattage or the color temp these lights need to be for both flowering and clones, which would I use?

I did some research and reading up on things in this site I just have not had time. Season is here and trying 2 pick up a second job while working full time is not too hard just time consuming and after working a long day there is nothing better than a gbong rip of some dank to mellow me out for the evening. Making music seems easier when im baked to!

I really appreciate all those who help me out on this! much :heart: 4 u

If someone can point me to a grow tek or something along those lines that would be a great help!

Edited by fromeast (10/23/11 11:11 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds