Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebikewrench
turd polisher
Male User Gallery

Hermaphrodite?
    #585740 - 09/12/11 01:45 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Hello all,
The upper tops of the bud sites (closer to the lights) are showing tight, cauliflower-like clusters among calyxes.  These cauliflower-like growths are tight and compact.  I don't think they're necessarily male flowers (as male flowers generally yield to pressure and feel 'soft')

My guess is they are tight areas of leaves and calyxes not yet large enough to show pistils and leaflets.  The lower budsites do not have this.  only the tips of the budsites closer to the light.  Temperature is  an average of 80.  Large box fan provides circulation.  The strain is Strawberry Cough at 2 days shy of 3 weeks flowering.

Two of the three pictures are budsites in question, and they are closer to the light.  The last photo is lower on the plant and is of no worry to me :smile:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Hermaphrodite? [Re: bikewrench]
    #585752 - 09/12/11 02:56 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

The first one kinda looks like a maybe to me, the second 2 look normal enough.

But then, I don't know much so stick around and wait for someone else to answer :lol:

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineFlying_Dog
Last man standing
 User Gallery

Loc: Underground
Re: Hermaphrodite? [Re: bikewrench]
    #585756 - 09/12/11 03:34 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yes in the first, pic everything else looks normal. Problem is a plant that produces maled pods like that is they pollenate alot. The occasional banana is okay but looks like you will seed alot.

On a second view maybe not, can you get a clearer shot of the first pic? Looks like maybe heat damage.

Offlinebikewrench
turd polisher
Male User Gallery

Re: Hermaphrodite? [Re: Flying_Dog]
    #585759 - 09/12/11 03:57 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

yes, indeed they've been burned at least three times...sadly.  I work from morning till evening, and so does the mrs.  It was stretching so rapidly during the first week of flowering and into the second, that i had to move my lights daily.  Even then, with constant light adjustments, I still had the tops burn (touching the glass).  I've even had to cut a small part of the tip off due to it being burned so badly.  I should have mentioned this in the OP, but it slipped my mind.

I'm taking more precaution this time.  Although, I'm very limited now as far as light height goes.  It's maxed out--unless I make modifications to my closet.  They havent stretched in a few days, and I believe their grow spurts are over.  They've more than doubled their height.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds