Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEnoch
Botanist in Training
Male

Have any of you guys tried mycorrizae, beneficial fungi?
    #584993 - 09/09/11 10:59 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Have any of you guys tried mycorrizae, beneficial fungi? Some people say it really does increase yield. I want to know what guys have experienced. What products did you use?

Fungi expert Paul Stamets' company, Fungi Perfecti, sells some beneficial fungi products that I am thinking about? Anyone here ever tried his stuff?

--------------------
Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Have any of you guys tried mycorrizae, beneficial fungi? [Re: Enoch]
    #585016 - 09/09/11 11:49 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

The use of M.fungi is beneficial especially in soil. However in high P environments M.fungi grows slowly making it less useful it's hard to say if it's useful or not in hydroponics, a lot of people use either M.fungi or some sort of bacteria (often Trichoderma) to improve root mass it's hard to tell if the plants are growing quicker or if the roots are uptaking nutrients more efficiently though.

A product I really like is Roots Excelerator by House and Garden which is an anaerobic bacteria many believe this is the best additive for increasing root mass.

OfflineCaptain Caveman
Some Guy

Loc: My Cave
Re: Have any of you guys tried mycorrizae, beneficial fungi? [Re: maryanne3087]
    #585049 - 09/10/11 05:23 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I used to use 'Great White' myco and I guess it did work, although now I don't use any myco and my buds are better than ever.
Does it work? Yes.
Do you need it? No.
Your call. :2cents:

--------------------
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, only then will the world know peace. :peace:

OfflineHipsterDoofus
Dude
Male
Re: Have any of you guys tried mycorrizae, beneficial fungi? [Re: Enoch]
    #585069 - 09/10/11 07:06 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Mycorrhizae are beneficial in low phosphorous soils to function as an extension of your plant's root system. The mycorrhizae will seek out water and nutrients exactly to the plant's requirements. Mycorrhizae are good fungi and will crowd out bad fungi making your plants more resistant to disease just like good bacteria live in your gut and on your skin protecting you from bad bacteria.

You must use low phosphorous fertilizers with mycorrhizae. More than 2% P will be the end of your mycorrhizae.

Mycorrhizae are usually availble as a liquid or powder and may be applied as a drench to the soil. Ideally they are applied to the seed, Then the plant's roots and mycorrhizae grow out together in symbiosis.

I have used mycorrhizae in turf to cure and prevent fungal diseases. Invevitably, however, homeowners return to using high phosporous fertilizers and that's the end of the mycorrhizae. I have never used mycorrhizae for mj as I have always done container grows, even outdoors.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Have any of you guys tried mycorrizae, beneficial fungi? [Re: HipsterDoofus]
    #585131 - 09/10/11 12:36 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I use it in containers as well.  You just have to periodically keep reapplying it.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies