Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEnoch
Botanist in Training
Male

Anyone ever tried Original Afghani #1?
    #584837 - 09/09/11 04:11 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I am looking for a good indica strain. What do you think about Original Afghani #1? How's it smoke? How's it grow? How do land-race strains compare to hybrids?

--------------------
Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Anyone ever tried Original Afghani #1? [Re: Enoch]
    #584890 - 09/09/11 07:34 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Well it isn't a land race strain for one. AF#1 is made up of several land race strains from Afghanistan. You may want to do some research on it. I've grown it out a few times and it isn't what you would expect. Not a short plant but it actually stretches a bit. Good strain but if your looking for something a little more of a pure land race strain or particularly a plant with a indica growing pattern you may want to check out Maple Leaf Indica. Both strains were developed by Sensi Seeds. 

:thumbup:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineEnoch
Botanist in Training
Male

Re: Anyone ever tried Original Afghani #1? [Re: Magash]
    #584896 - 09/09/11 07:57 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I did not see it on Seni's seeds list. I saw it listed with Seedsman Seeds. This is what they said about it, "Afghani No 1 is a traditional landrace strain collected in the mountains of Afghanistan by Sacred Seeds in the 1970s." Are they full of shit?

--------------------
Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it."

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #584906 - 09/09/11 08:19 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Well maybe they have their own version but sensi bred it  out back in late 80s.

Here ya go

http://sensiseeds.com/cannabis-seeds/sensi-seeds/afghani-1

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

OfflineEnoch
Botanist in Training
Male

#584915 - 09/09/11 08:32 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I saw this in Sensi's description, "Heavy Yield -Afghani #1® can produce a very large yield, but cannot be recommended to the novice grower." Why would this strain not be recommended to the novice? Does it require a magic trick or a secret handshake?

--------------------

OfflineManitou
Indépendantiste
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québecédelic
    #584964 - 09/09/11 10:12 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I have never tried this strain of weed, but my Ice Cream weed is indica dominant, and my fuck... does it ever get you stoned... I always sleep like 1 puff of it before going to bed, and I can sleep for like 14 hours non stop

--------------------
Pour un instant, j'ai respiré très fort
Ça m'a permis de visiter mon corps
Des inconnus vivent en roi chez moi
Moi qui avait accepté leurs lois
J'ai perdu mon temps à gagner du temps
J'ai besoin de me trouver une histoire à me conter
Pour instant j'ai oublié mon nom
Harmonium - Pour un instant
--------------------------------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #585036 - 09/10/11 02:37 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Enoch said:
I saw this in Sensi's description, "Heavy Yield -Afghani #1® can produce a very large yield, but cannot be recommended to the novice grower." Why would this strain not be recommended to the novice? Does it require a magic trick or a secret handshake?

It can be a bit picky at times with the food and it doesn't grow like the typical indica. The first time I grew it out I was surprised at just how much it stretched during flowering. Which was as much as many of the sativas I've grown out.

--------------------

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger

Trusted Cultivator
    #587113 - 09/18/11 03:30 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Well it isn't a land race strain for one. AF#1 is made up of several land race strains from Afghanistan. You may want to do some research on it. I've grown it out a few times and it isn't what you would expect. Not a short plant but it actually stretches a bit. Good strain but if your looking for something a little more of a pure land race strain or particularly a plant with a indica growing pattern you may want to check out Maple Leaf Indica. Both strains were developed by Sensi Seeds. 

:thumbup:

Wasn't Afghani#1 one of Sam's back from the Sacred Seed catalog, sold to Ben along with whatever else by Nevil?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds