Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCaptain Caveman
Some Guy

Loc: My Cave
DIY Intake Air Filter
    #584834 - 09/09/11 03:38 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I used to put air filters up against the wall against my intakes, but they would quickly clog and need to be moved over 8" to a clean spot. That got old very fast and ended up in an almost constant state of somewhat clogged unless just changed. So I made these and wanted to share.

You Need

- Filtrete 16" x 25" x 1" household furnace/heater filter 1050 microns
$10
- Tie Wire sold by the concrete/rebar area of lowes/Home Depot $6
- Duct Tape $7

Here's what the filter looks like.

I've tried the higher rated micron filters(1500 & 1700) but the 1050's work great and the others are too fine: they clog quickly and you will need even more powerful fans to use those.

Lay your arm against the filter on a flat hard surface and make it form a roll. Pinching the sides of the cardboard help sometimes.

Take the duct tape and wrap it around your new roll of tie wire several times and then unclip the ties holding the wire together. Pull some out of the center and you have a tie wire dispenser.
Tie wire is great - It hangs almost everything in my rooms. It's strong cheap and versatile. One roll will last you forever. The duct tape will last awhile too. They will make multiple filters this way so after the initial investment a new filter is only $10.

Make sure the air flow is going the right way.

Wrap the wire around both ends of the filter and twist around till tight.

Tape seam.

Tape one end up. Go ahead and use plenty of duct tape. It is cheap and if there is a hole in the tape air will just go in the hole so this is not the time to save a few cents on tape.

Stuff the open end in the intake and seal with duct tape.

Here's one on the wall.

I've never tried to make one for a 6" tube but I don't see why you couldn't just duct tape it all off and it should work fine.

These last quite awhile because as they clog the air seeks an easier way through the filter so the whole thing clogs evenly.

When it is time to change the filter turn off the fans first! If you don't they will suck all the dust that comes off the filter. Then take a kitchen sized trash bag and wrap it around the filter fist before detatching it. That way the dust will go in the trash and not all over the fucking place!

Hope this helps someone! :grin:

--------------------
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, only then will the world know peace. :peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder