Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsilopsychedelic
Stranger
First Time Indoors & a Few Questions regarding circulation.
    #583579 - 09/04/11 06:54 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

First of all this isn't my first grow, just the first time I have attempted one indoors, so I have a few questions pertaining to Heat and ventilation.

My plan is fairly routine, involving a typical dark room tent (2x4x5), with three 4" vent duct holes. If I place a 190CFM inline fan in one duct hole is this enough for the grow area using a 400w HID lighting system? Does this mean that the other two duct holes will be usable for passive ventilation without letting light into the tent? The ambient temperature of the room it's in will probably be in the 60's.

Every time I try to find a "standard" for the amount of CFM/Footage I find varied results, so if anyone has had experience with a similar setup I would appreciate the feedback.

Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: First Time Indoors & a Few Questions regarding circulation. [Re: Psilopsychedelic]
    #583581 - 09/04/11 07:09 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

That the same size fan I started with in the same size room so you should be good.

2x4x5 is 40 cubic feet, you want to change air at least 2 times a minute.
Imo, more is better.

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflinePsilopsychedelic
Stranger
Re: First Time Indoors & a Few Questions regarding circulation. [Re: Stoneth]
    #583674 - 09/05/11 10:41 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Great, thanks! Would I still benefit from some sort of osculating fan or would I be wasting my time?

Secondly, one of my housemates despises the smell (I can't imagine why.)Since I plan on attaching a carbon filter to my inline fan and venting it outside, does it seem necessary to pick out low odor strains?

I was considering Blue Mystic or possible NL because I have heard they have a rather neutral odor, but I would prefer not to be so limited in choice. I will avoid particularly smelly strains such as Skunks, but I am rather partial Widow strains and anything with a strong citrus flavor so if I could get away with these I would prefer it.

Any opinions?

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: First Time Indoors & a Few Questions regarding circulation. [Re: Psilopsychedelic]
    #583683 - 09/05/11 12:06 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

You shouldn't have a smell issue running a proper size carbon filter.
Just remember they are meant to be pulled thru, not blown thru.  So many people make that mistake it isn't funny.
I grown AK's Widdow, and skunks and only time I smelled them was when working in the room with them.

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflinePsilopsychedelic
Stranger
Re: First Time Indoors & a Few Questions regarding circulation. [Re: Stoneth]
    #583689 - 09/05/11 12:58 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the carbon filter tip! I've been looking at a fan/filter combo so I'm assuming its built with that in mind but I'll be sure to make a note of it if I go with some other option.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains