Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineyellownotepad
Pharmaceutical Agriculturalist
 User Gallery

switching my 9x12 room to flower, any issues with the plan?
    #582270 - 08/30/11 05:32 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

so i'm thinking of moving things around here and using my 9x12 veg room to flower some trees in.  im thinking to put my 100gal easy-drain (long coffin shape) res down the middle of the room lengthwise and build a walkway over it.  put 4 trees on each side, and then poke three 1kw barebulbs vertically down the middle of the room.  a/c is no issue - i've got a 12k btu and if it actually is necessary i can circulate air in from the veg room that it shares a wall with - that room is ice cold right now.  to water the trees i'd just use the gaggle of pumps i have laying around along with some lines and drippers - manually top feed them once a day.  the trees are already in 32gal of coco so im hoping thats enough that they wouldnt need more than 1x/day watering at any point...?

-does that sound like an efficient use of 3kw, given the fact that i already have the trees vegged out and ready to go?

-am i going to be likely to have serious issues with the 8ft ceiling?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery

Re: switching my 9x12 room to flower, any issues with the plan? [Re: yellownotepad]
    #582322 - 08/30/11 07:17 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I personally would take as many clones from the trees since they are already grown out and pack as many under the 3000wats as possible instead of the 4 trees. BUT, that's only if plant numbers aren't a concern, if they are a concern then yeah I would do it the way you mention. But the SOG would be much more efficient but Im sure you already know that.

Offlineyellownotepad
Pharmaceutical Agriculturalist
 User Gallery

Re: switching my 9x12 room to flower, any issues with the plan? [Re: c99hunter]
    #582331 - 08/30/11 08:32 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

c99hunter said:
I personally would take as many clones from the trees since they are already grown out and pack as many under the 3000wats as possible instead of the 4 trees. BUT, that's only if plant numbers aren't a concern, if they are a concern then yeah I would do it the way you mention. But the SOG would be much more efficient but Im sure you already know that.

i'm far far under my plant limit at this point, but here's my thinking:

-the room is 9x12 - that means even if i could not walk into the room, i'd be at 108ft^2 of canopy.
-5 vertical feet of canopy the length of the room (12ft) on both sides of the bulbs would be 60x2  - 120ft^2
-angling the vertical canopy would allow me to get slightly more square footage - maybe 130-140ft^2

for the wattage i can/would run, it seems like i'm better off getting as much canopy into the room as possible.

im all for sog, but when you consider that cloning these trees out would add 2-3 weeks delay to flowering, and would result in less living tissue than i started with (can't clone every last leaf!), it seems like the less efficient option.  obviously this is only the case because i already have the trees - i would never be excited to be sitting through 8+ weeks of veg, but it's already happened. 

besides that, i have far more clone stock than the trees can offer - i could do a vertical sog without too much trouble but even then i feel like the trees are the better option since they are already very thick, well trained, and have massive root masses already.

am i missing something here though?

Jump to top Pages: 1