Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinesean
Male

College
    #581098 - 08/26/11 06:26 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I am too smart for school.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: College [Re: sean]
    #581125 - 08/26/11 07:49 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

:facepalm:

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: College [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #581131 - 08/26/11 07:54 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman

OfflineCage
Melancholy Mindfuck.

#581134 - 08/26/11 07:57 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

sean said:

Right.:rofl:

OfflineHippoSex
Aero-Grower

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: College [Re: Cage]
    #581166 - 08/26/11 11:54 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

In high school, on standardized testing, I scored in the top 1%.

Lots of people are too smart to willingly be institutionalized.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: College [Re: HippoSex]
    #581179 - 08/26/11 12:26 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

That's why the most intelligent people never go to college, right?

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

#581186 - 08/26/11 12:41 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

sean said:

Too smart to know you'd fail out, probably. Save yourself the debt.

OfflineI_AM_SWIM
Someone Who Isn't McKenna

Re: College [Re: Tangerines] * 1
    #581249 - 08/26/11 07:09 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Bill Gates and Steve Jobs were too smart for school, and now they basically own everythang.

You may be too smart for school, but you might as well use your 'smartness' and create
something amazing for humanity so we can do thangs with it, or else simply saying 'I'm
too smart for school' means nothing, especially if you aren't doing anything with your life.

Get your creativity juices flowing, and create something that will make you a
billionaire :money:, and become a revolutionary discoverer. (if you want to)

DO THE THANGS THAT YOU LOVE DOIN'
Money doesn't bring happiness either, but it's a necessity in getting out of many ruts in life.

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: College [Re: I_AM_SWIM]
    #581252 - 08/26/11 07:27 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Well Bill Gates did attend harvard. Though he dropped out he only did so after meeting his business partner.  Likewise Jobs also attended college and later dropped out.  They are rarities though, and generally speaking in the business world a degree isn't as meaningful as in other fields. And I'm pretty sure that they did perform well in their previous schooling.

For the most part intelligence can be greatly correlated to education, especially when talking about the upper divisions.  And certainly the less education one has the lower someones iq is likely to be.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Edited by THEBats (08/26/11 07:28 PM)

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: College [Re: sean] * 1
    #581351 - 08/27/11 06:58 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Is this big buds?

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: College [Re: THEBats]
    #581424 - 08/27/11 01:30 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
Well Bill Gates did attend harvard. Though he dropped out he only did so after meeting his business partner.  Likewise Jobs also attended college and later dropped out.  They are rarities though, and generally speaking in the business world a degree isn't as meaningful as in other fields. And I'm pretty sure that they did perform well in their previous schooling.

For the most part intelligence can be greatly correlated to education, especially when talking about the upper divisions.  And certainly the less education one has the lower someones iq is likely to be.

In more recent generations true. Some people were just never in situations to go to college though.

My dad wanted to go to college but he couldn't afford it and my grandpa was bitching at him about it and shit.

People our age with our opportunities in education should go to school if they can though.

My gpa in highschool was a product of the school telling us when we were freshman that the minimum college requirements was a 2.0 or a 21 ACT. Since I already had an 18 in 7th grade i proceeded to do no homework, sleep all the time, and pass most classes with that.

Honestly I'm still pretty god damn lazy, the difference is just i know just fucking off with bad grades isn't good  because you need a nice GPA.

--------------------

InvisibleSalviaNshrooms9090
Buddhist Monk
Male

Loc: Peru
    #581509 - 08/27/11 10:48 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

if you honestly believe that your an idiot. Getting an education is the best investment you can make so if you think school is pointless, your literally financially retarded do you know what a retard is? YOU for thinking your too smart.. get your lazy ass off the couch and get that 4.0 from Harvard then and only then can you claim you are too smart for school...... otherwise your just another stoner who thinks they are smart......  perhaps see a psychiatrist not a psychologist cuz you neeeeeeeeeed meds boooiiiiii. lol

InvisibleSalviaNshrooms9090
Buddhist Monk
Male

Loc: Peru
Re: College [Re: SalviaNshrooms9090]
    #581511 - 08/27/11 10:51 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

nd p.so as a computer science major bill gates ideas were not rocket science.... very simple.... if you look at his first programs they are not difficult her just had a vision and keep in mind this was years ago when school really didn't matter as much as it does in this competitive economy.

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

Re: College [Re: SalviaNshrooms9090]
    #581514 - 08/27/11 10:57 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

pirates of silicon valley

they showed me this movie in my programming C++ class
teacher was like yeah 'steve jobs was an acid head' LOL

but this movie basically shows the history of computer thangs

Microsoft vs. Apple

etc.

doin'
:Feelstrippyman:

im on dr00gz and thangs arent makin sense riht now so doin

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

Edited by I_AM_SWIM (08/27/11 11:01 PM)

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

#581520 - 08/27/11 11:06 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

OP it would be cool if u didn't go to school, but instead programmed apps for android phones.

You need to learn java programming though, but the best programmers are the ones that are self-taught.

Here ya go, here's a .pdf file explainin how to do thangs wit android thangs

plus once u make an app, make a trial version, then sell the full version on the marketplace

u can make bank if your app is :awesome:

--------------------

Edited by I_AM_SWIM (08/27/11 11:08 PM)

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #581706 - 08/28/11 05:46 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I dont think OP can even tie his own shoes.

Anyone who thinks college is a waste of time or not worth it, is kidding themselves. Even if you go and dont learn anything (which is impossible really), getting a degree alone can made making double what you would without one. The exception being people who get jobs working with family or have a skill trade that they learn and go into business for themselves.

Either way, education is power. I just like that I can talk to other adults, some much older than me, and hold an intelligent conversation with them

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

Re: College [Re: Picklez]
    #581737 - 08/28/11 06:35 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
Either way, education is power. I just like that I can talk to other adults, some much older than me, and hold an intelligent conversation with them

There's a saying that goes something more or less like this, "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

That's how I feel about school, I find college to be simply enjoyable. The end result in
getting a degree and career is nice, but I think learning, and having intelligent
conversations with peers and teachers is the most enjoyable aspect of it.
It's always nice to talk about existentialism with teachers too.

There's another quote which I really love, and that is,
"We never stop being the student. We always have something to learn."

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#581760 - 08/28/11 07:33 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Oh quote thread?!

"I know nothing, except the fact of my ignorance."

--------------------

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

#581910 - 08/29/11 12:39 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
Oh quote thread?!

"I know nothing, except the fact of my ignorance."

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." —Stephen Hawking

--------------------

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #581994 - 08/29/11 06:53 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I like that, that's win :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale