Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefromeast
Stranger

like a virgin
    #570841 - 07/08/11 11:31 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Hi everyone, I used the shroomery forum which is almost identical to this and i successfully grew shrooms so my next goal is obviously to get good @ this. I read a lot of threads and stuff so far, i found that mj is a weed and it will grow out of just about any potting soil with the proper attention. One of the many things I dont know about is what i should do as far as nutrients. Someone I know grew this stuff for a while and they told me to get expert gardeners potting soil, and germinate the seed in a wet paper towel in a ziplock bag. They also told me that strain doesn't really matter and that it is possible to grow super dank from dirt weed with the proper ph, light, moister, and mineral levels. so i desided to put 7 dark brown - light green seeds in a wet  paper towel and ziplock and so far they are coming to life by about half an inch to an inch. Unfortunatley the person that grew the stufff isnt here anymore and i can't get experienced grow information from them. So i would like to know wut am i missing. This is what i have so far.

72-85 temp during day and 5 deg lower during nightime 18/6 during vegative(no clue wtf that is) 12/12 during flowering. balanced ph ( like any plant) 50% humidty, and thats about it. i will be using those lights you can use for the whole grow which starts with like an S or something carbon or something.

overall what nutrients should i get and what should i get to elminate the wonderful aroma these awsome plants produce?

my apologies for any fuck ups im a lil tipsy cuz its friday.:cool:

Edited by fromeast (07/08/11 11:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: like a virgin [Re: fromeast]
    #570866 - 07/09/11 02:04 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Any of the nutrients designed for weed growing, advanced, fox farms, humboldt nutrients(used these for a few rounds and really like them)...There are others those are just the 3 big ones I've used and I think you probably see a lot of.

Try to pick a 3 part system if you can..At least I would recommend it.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

Re: like a virgin [Re: fromeast]
    #570868 - 07/09/11 02:09 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Your off to a good start, but you should know MJ is considerably 'harder' to grow than shrooms.

Vegetative state is when the plant is growing in size.  It prepares itself for flowering by building a structure to support the buds; the switch from 18/6 to 12/12 is what lets the plant know it is time to flower.

As for your nutrients, seeing as how your still fairly new to growing; I'd suggest normal 2 part nutrients you buy at the store.  I know miracle grow makes a vegetative and flowering nutrient line.  They'll be a good learning step.  You don't want to get too into nutrients your first run IMO, as many nutrients are complete junk and will ruin your plant regardless of how they are given. 

The lights I think you are talking about are CFLs.  They should be fine, but your going to want to post their wattages (look for actual wattage, CFLs have two wattage ratings, one actual and one equivelant.  The equivalent comes from the simulated output to energy saved.)

As for your smell, look into a carbon filter.  It's basically a tube filled with black chunks of rock that attract smell, you attach a large fan with ducting to it and the air sucked through is 'filtered'. 

Most first grows don't turn out too well, but yours will if you work at it.  Good luck, and welcome to the growery.

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast
Re: like a virgin [Re: alienscience]
    #570908 - 07/09/11 08:08 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

alienscience said:
you should know MJ is considerably 'harder' to grow than shrooms.

REALLY! i found shrooms way harder. to this day i have never been able to successfully cultivate them. they always inoculate perfectly and then they case reaaally well but never pin. like never and i don't know wtf i do wrong.

but that aside you want your night time temps around 75 and your daytime temp 80-85 (these are optimal temps and a few degrees higher or lower wont really hurt them.)

pree much what mhbound and alienscience mentioned is all you need to know other then STRAINS DO MATTER....ALOT, they can make all the difference as far as quality, duration of the grow, how well they respond to nutrients, how well they put up with mistakes and most of all the high you get can be completely different strain to strain. it shouldn't matter for your first run though its probably best that you start with an indica due to shorter flowering period and plants and they are much more hardy and resistant to well almost everything.

anyway welcome to growery and get some pics and a grow log going :grin:

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Trusted Cultivator
Re: like a virgin [Re: Pernicious]
    #571486 - 07/12/11 10:24 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Not to get too terribly off-topic, but with respect to the ease of mushroom vs marijuana cultivation, I like to think of it like this:
  • It's easier to grow some marijuana, but harder to grow great marijuana.
  • It's more difficult to grow some mushrooms, but once you do, they're going to be great.

But back to the original topic, these guys have you fairly well set straight.  I will add that compact fluorescent lighting (CFL) is not nearly as productive as a high intensity discharge (HID) lighting, which includes metal halide (MH - generally better suited for vegetative growth) and high pressure sodium (HPS - generally better suited for flowering, but well suited for both vegetative and flowering if you only want one bulb).

Depending on the soil you use, you may or may not need to supplement the plants with added nutrients.  Rather than MiracleGrow, I would suggest picking up some Earth Juice brand "GROW" and "BLOOM" and "MICROBLAST" liquid nutrients.  I would start to supplement your plants only after they've already been chilling in the base soil for at least two weeks, at which point, if the plant is in vegetative growth, you would add a bit of "GROW" and "MICROBLAST" at no more than 25 - 50% of the recommended concentration on the bottle.  The idea is to make sure your plants actually need the nutes before you go full bore and potentially burn them with too many nutes!  Once the plants are in flowering, you swap out the "GROW" for the "BLOOM" and keep adding "MICROBLAST".

Over time, you'll get an idea for the needs of your specific plants, how many nutes they can handle, when to start feeding, how often to feed, etc.  Your plants may only want to be fed once every couple of weeks, or once every other watering.  But again, this depends on the relative strength of your nutrients, the size of your pots/plants and how often you water.

Just do it, experience is the best teacher!

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
Re: like a virgin [Re: geokills]
    #571892 - 07/13/11 07:04 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Keep reading!  You can never stop reading or perfecting the art of growing MJ.

pH!  I can't stress enough how important your waters pH is.  RO or Distilled water work great because they have a neutral or near neutral pH of 7 .  If you are wanting to use your tap water, I suggest you first find out it's ppm of dissolved solids and it's pH.  I used RO water and shot for a pH of 6.5 in soil.

Do not overwater your plants!  So many newbs end up overwatering there plants.  Let the top few inches of your soil dry out before you water again.  lift your plants after a fresh watering, and again in 2-6 days after the first 2-3 inches of top soil are completely dry.  If done correctly, knowing when your plants need water will become second nature.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!  Do please share if you like once you start.

Also, shrooms are totally easier than MJ, in my opinion. :awehigh:

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

Edited by muse42 (07/13/11 07:07 PM)

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast
Re: like a virgin [Re: muse42]
    #572096 - 07/14/11 11:47 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

well fuck all of you on the mushroom topic :frown:

and yeah pics please. always stoked to read a good log.

Offlinefromeast
Stranger

Re: like a virgin [Re: Pernicious]
    #572598 - 07/16/11 09:58 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Pernicious said:
well fuck all of you on the mushroom topic :frown:

and yeah pics please. always stoked to read a good log.

i had a log but its garbage, what im really going to do is just mix verm perlite and expert gardenr's pottin soil. ganna try for some white widdow any topics of ww grow logs? Well I mean like 5 star reads if u have the guide on your favorites or something, I'm ganna check out the site though.

Allways thanks folks:heart: you know how it is to get good weed::smirk:

Edited by fromeast (07/16/11 10:12 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies