Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMtDew
Stranger
First Grow, Sour Diesel - Soil
    #567274 - 06/25/11 12:14 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Alright, I guess this is the obligatory "first grow journal" post!

I used to be in the Army, and fucked my back up pretty bad. After I got out I was on so many pain killers for my back, that it was tearing up my stomach. A friend of mine told me to try some pot, and it helped much more than the pain killers, and had none of those nasty side effects.

Two days later, I had my MMJ card, and was ready to start.

I now work from home, so I figured I could just grow some on my own. I'm allowed 15 plants (in all stages), but I think I'll start small. I don't want to get overwhelmed.

I'm about 3 weeks in, and I haven't ran into many problems up until today. Today I spotted two spider mites on the underside of the plant.

I'm going to the hydro shop today to ask them what the best solution is. A post on growery suggested to use Neem oil, while a guide said that rubbing alcohol would work as well.

I like the idea of the rubbing alcohol, because it does seem like it would evaporate before the plant had much time to take any in.

I'm pretty excited to see how this works out. Anyways, let me know if you have any questions. I'll try and get some nice pictures up before the day is through.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast
Re: First Grow, Sour Diesel - Soil [Re: MtDew]
    #567367 - 06/25/11 07:15 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

those spider mites are an issue you will have to address as soon as possible. I never found neem oil to work too well for spider mites. Diluting rubbing alcohol in a 1:20 alcohol - water  and spray twice a day and heavily with water at night.

if you dont have any luck with that just buy a little box of predatory mites at your local organic gardening shop or just order online. They will eat all spider mites then cannibalize each other leaving you with no more mites in the room :smile:

what kind of light are you growing the girls under?

OfflineMtDew
Stranger
Re: First Grow, Sour Diesel - Soil [Re: Pernicious]
    #567387 - 06/25/11 09:34 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I'm going to get some predatory mites tomorrow. As I've heard alot of people tell me the same thing about neem oil.

It's only one girl right now, and she's under a 1000w HPS lamp. I'm trying this out before I go all out on it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies