Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTOOLOGY719
The Dude
Male User Gallery

Loc: Western Hemisphere
how much pruning???
    #564100 - 06/13/11 08:14 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

hey guys. how much pruning (if any) should i be doing on these little girls? any help is appreciated. thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: how much pruning??? [Re: TOOLOGY719]
    #564140 - 06/13/11 01:45 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Depends how you want your plant to grow. If you want it to bush out more then look in to like topping plants or something similar if you want them to grow up then trim the bottom and promote the upward growth.

I wouldn't do anything at this point, but even before doing no pruning I would figure out why your plants look like they do or you're going to run in to a lot more problems down the road

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: how much pruning??? [Re: mhbound]
    #564464 - 06/14/11 06:55 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

are they cuttings? i agree with mhbound in that they just don't look right.  I personally would let them grow a bit more and then top them.  I top and tie. i would top those....let'em produce two new shoots. allow them to grow an inch and then tie them. i do this throughout the veg cycle and eventually end up with this......

you obviously wouldn't want your girls this big...how big is your grow space?

Why not scrog those bitches...they're still small enough. :shrug:

good luck man  :bigjoint:

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

Invisiblestarrider

Re: how much pruning??? [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #564616 - 06/15/11 12:09 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

You really need to let the plants develope first. Once they are growing remove all flans leaves. This will devert the plant's energy to the nodes. The more node sites the more buds.

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite."

William Blake

Anything  I write is a lie. Any picture I post is a fake. I only write for entertainment.

InvisibleNanook
I CANT SEE
Male

Loc: The Frozen Tundra Flag
Re: how much pruning??? [Re: starrider]
    #565842 - 06/20/11 12:33 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

starrider said:
Once they are growing remove all flans leaves. This will devert the plant's energy to the nodes. The more node sites the more buds.

I'm not sure if this theory has been proven or not?

I do know plant biologists will tell you plants need their leaves to produce energy for the production of new shoots/nodes. So it's illogical to assume the opposite when the energy the plant uses to grow comes from the leaves.

I'm not saying it's not true, I just don't think you can spread it as fact. Most people claiming things like this in other places seem at least a little untrustworthy.

OP, I think you need to read over this thread, all about training/topping/tying, and stickied, btw, in the main cultivation forum.

--------------------

the spirit of Nanook

1400W 1st log

3000W 2nd log (current)

Invisiblewishcouldeletethis
Female User Gallery

Re: how much pruning??? *DELETED* [Re: starrider]
    #565884 - 06/20/11 08:52 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by lampshadehelmet

Reason for deletion: d

OfflineGoombah
Esquire
Female User Gallery

Loc: Peoples Republic of MA Flag
Re: how much pruning??? [Re: wishcouldeletethis]
    #567194 - 06/25/11 12:56 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

lampshadehelmet said:
WHOA,,,, ABSOLUTELY DO NOT REMOVE YOUR FAN LEAVES.  You will starve your plant beyond imagination.

Have to agree here 100%  Photosynthesis 101: Stems deliver water and nutrients via osmosis and capillary action to the leaves. The leaves then use the water to change energy from sunlight into chemical energy. Chemical energy is then utilized by the leaves to construct carbohydrates used in plant growth. Don't they teach this shit in grammar school anymore?

OfflineCanna-Bliss
The man in the back
 User Gallery

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Re: how much pruning??? [Re: Goombah]
    #601458 - 12/14/11 04:52 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Definitely.  Pruning is not something that just happens automatically every time you get fan leaves.  The point is to either shape a bonsai plant (with care - don't get abusive with pruning) or to remove leaves that are looking unhealthy during the veg state - which you remove to allow nuts to get to the nodes - and to clean up flowering plants.

I like the bonsai picture above - that's how I run my operation lol.

--------------------
"Do you hear of fear or... do I smash the mirror?"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies