Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemushhead91
Truth Seeker

Flushed too early, buds not finished but have stopped developing. (Week 8 Flowering)
    #559757 - 05/30/11 05:31 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
Seed

2. How old are your plants?
3 Months Old.

3. How tall are your plants?
Guestimating at-least 4 - 4 1/2 feet. It has outgrown my light (as you will be able to see below).

4. What size containers are they planted in?
5 Gallon

5. What is your soil mix?
FF Ocean Forrest

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
2 times a week, tap water.

7. What is the pH of your water?
6 - 7ish range. (color strip)

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
Bonticare Pure Grow Pro Bloom Soil

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
No.

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
600w HPS cooled by air being pulled thru it.

11. How close are your lights to the plants?
The top has outgrown the light, but the branch tops are about 3" from the light.

12. What size is your grow space in square feet?

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
Temps range from high 80s in the day to lows 70s at night, humidity low is 20%, high is 50%.

14. What is the pH of the soil?

15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
No

16. How much experience do you have growing?
First Grow.

Well I fucked up, and it was because I got a little too trigger happy and misunderstood information that was presented to me on the interwebs.

I started flushing my plant (watering with only tap water, no nutrients) a few weeks ago because I believed my plant to be close to harvest (novice mistake of course) and from what I had read at the time, once you begin flushing your plants, the buds where supposed to explode. However, that has turn out to NOT be the case, rather my buds have stopped producing density AND crystals! Very disappointing.

I went to the Hydro shop yesterday to explain my situation to the guy working at the counter and he said it probably wasn't a good to add more nutrients at this point, being this far into flowering (Week 8).

Here are some pictures of the plant:

Here are some pictures of a few branches I harvested and dried for 3 days, definitely not ready, not swollen up enough yet:

As you can see, my girl outgrew her light:

So what should I do?

Keep growing her out without using nuts? Use some nutes and keep growing her out for longer then 2 more weeks? or just cut my loses and harvest now?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
Re: Flushed too early, buds not finished but have stopped developing. (Week 8 Flowering) [Re: mushhead91]
    #560290 - 05/31/11 02:42 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

What strain is it? It looks like it could go another 3 weeks easy. And on that last pic, I would definitely string that bitch on the left over to right under the light.

Edited by c99hunter (05/31/11 02:44 PM)

Offlinemushhead91
Truth Seeker

Re: Flushed too early, buds not finished but have stopped developing. (Week 8 Flowering) [Re: c99hunter]
    #560306 - 05/31/11 03:07 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

c99hunter said:
What strain is it? It looks like it could go another 3 weeks easy. And on that last pic, I would definitely string that bitch on the left over to right under the light.

Its "Skywalker OG", but I put it in quotes because the genetics are questionable. I got it from a bad of weed I got at the dispensary ( some dank that accidently got pollinated, and probably by a hermie ), but the weed I got it out of was labed Skywalker OG and its pretty similar to other cuts of Skywalker OG that I have gotten from other dispensaries.

The flowering time for Skywalker OG is supposted to be around 8 - 9 week (in week 8 right now). Indica.

Yeah the hairs are still significantly white, I don't think its quite ready yet. Im just not sure if I should feed it more nutrients or not. The leaves are still pretty green so I assume it still has quite a bit of nutrients it hasn't completely metabolized yet.

Edited by mushhead91 (05/31/11 03:11 PM)

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
Re: Flushed too early, buds not finished but have stopped developing. (Week 8 Flowering) [Re: mushhead91]
    #560564 - 06/01/11 02:13 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I would put it back on a feeding schedule, then flush when it's time again.

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

Offlinemushhead91
Truth Seeker

Re: Flushed too early, buds not finished but have stopped developing. (Week 8 Flowering) [Re: muse42]
    #560565 - 06/01/11 02:18 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

muse42 said:
I would put it back on a feeding schedule, then flush when it's time again.

How many more waterings with nuts do you think I should do?

My lease is coming up in 3 months and I want to do another grow so the more I keep this plant going the more I'm cutting into that grow as well. However, I'm planning on doing clones next time and only vegging them for a week or two.

If im going to feed it more nutrient I think I might want to add another nutrient, Beastie Bloomz. Would this be a good idea?

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
    #560568 - 06/01/11 02:29 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

That depends on when you want to harvest, and when they are ready to harvest. 
The pistils are still quite white by the looks of them and the flowers themselves have a lot of fattening up to do. 
You should be keeping and eye on the color of your trichs.  Most people Wait till there Mostly cloudy - 50% or more amber before they harvest.  I would say give it at least 2 more weeks, and maybe a third.  Just keep an eye on it.

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

Offlinemushhead91
Truth Seeker

Re: Flushed too early, buds not finished but have stopped developing. (Week 8 Flowering) [Re: muse42]
    #560570 - 06/01/11 02:40 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

muse42 said:
Quote:

That depends on when you want to harvest, and when they are ready to harvest. 
The pistils are still quite white by the looks of them and the flowers themselves have a lot of fattening up to do. 
You should be keeping and eye on the color of your trichs.  Most people Wait till there Mostly cloudy - 50% or more amber before they harvest.  I would say give it at least 2 more weeks, and maybe a third.  Just keep an eye on it.

Alright will do. I'll just feed her water because I dont want to drag it out any further then 2 more weeks and she has alot of green still left in her leaves.

My microscope is coming in the mail tomorrow so i'll get on inspecting those trichs.

Offlinemushhead91
Truth Seeker

#560590 - 06/01/11 05:32 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Well damn it, I actually reviewed my lease and I have alot less time then I had previously thought, shes going to have to come down very soon if I want to get another moderately sized grow.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder