Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

Loc: Cannafornia
Story and pics from a festival....
    #557962 - 05/24/11 06:32 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Well it's that time of the year, festival and gathering season. Last weekend I attended the first of several festivals/gatherings I plan on attending this spring & summer around my area. This particular festival was relatively small, 1,000 to 1,500 heads or so. I really only attend the smaller festivals & gatherings as they're far cheaper, I find em' to have better vibes and a tight knit intimate family/community feeling to em', not to mention the locations they go down at tend to be amazing.

My buddy and I arrived on Thursday before the festivities started since we were helping with pre-event stuff. It was really nice getting there before things started, experiencing that "calm before the storm" no pun intended. Getting the feel of the place, meeting our fellow camp neighbors, more or less taking it easy exploring the land around the area, sipping on beers and smokin' bowls.

The weather was beautiful on Friday, sunny with a few wispy clouds and temperatures damn near 80....I actually got my first sun burn of the year. Nature was buzzing all around, there was quite literally a swarm of lady bugs and butterflies meandering their way through the spring mountain air all day long. Plants were soaking up the sunshine and the birds & critters were having a feast on all the bugs. People were funneling in all day long and slowly but surely things were coming together...What once was open around our camp was quickly filling in with those who would be our fellow camp neighbors for the weekend, which included a car load of cute chill heady girls :thumbup: . Mid afternoon the main stage went on and bass penetrated the air.

Friday night I took it easy, just had a handful of beers and got absurdly stoned as those ladies that camped next to us had this compulsion with rolling a blunt what seemed like every 30 minutes :smirk:. My friends and I got to try ketamine for our first time as well, some dude all gave us a bump for free, I'm guessing around 20mg to 40mg...Just enough to feel it, it was fantastic paired up with nitrous :yesnod: . I saw ill Gates and a few others before I decided to crash around 4am or so.

Saturday started out as another beautiful day...Spent most of the day hanging around the camp taking it easy before what was in store for the night. Met up with several (festival) friends I haven't seen in quite some time, watched my buddy spin his set. Some dude came through out camp and shared a handful of goodies with us for free. Gave us all about 25mg of straight pure MDA...It was such a small minuscule amount, but within 15 minutes I could feel it running through me...This shit was incredibly pure. He also smoked us out with a few bowls of nitrogen extracted hash :crazy: . At one point during the day this dude gave my buddy 50mg of DMT, we rolled up 25mg of that into a joint with a bit of weed. It actually worked incredibly well, much better than I would have imagined as it sent off the 4 of us for a while.

Saturday night is when the mayhem really started to go down...Early evening we all dosed 2 hits of L then around 10pm or so we each ate 150mg of MDMA. The night was just starting to go off, everyone giggin', pretty much the peak of the weekend...And guess what happens, rain. We all knew there was a chance of rain but didn't know when it was going to arrive, I was hoping it would hold off until Sunday morning but no, it came right at the peak of the entire weekend :frown: . It didn't effect anybody for a while, the rain was coming down relatively hard but people were still giggin' and having a damn good time...But the DJ booth had a few leaks and water was getting on the computers/equipment so they had to pull the plug....

We had no canopy on our tent so in the midst of everything going on I throw together a makeshift canopy out of trash bags and duct tape to put over the top of our tent. It actually worked alright for how hard it was raining, there was only a spot or two where it was leaking...So now the music has stopped and we have 4 dudes on 2+ hits of L and 200mg+ of MDMA crammed into our 2 person tent straight chillin' :smirk: . Given the circumstances, I was comfortable and content haha, the molly made the entire situation tolerable.....My car was parked about 1/2 mile away and I knew it was dry, and I would have the entire thing to my self, and if I went it would make the tent a bit more roomy for my friends. So after contemplating for a while I made the decision to make the trek to my van.

I packed up dry clothes, some food, and my sleeping bag then made my way walking through the forest, 40 degrees outside and pouring rain all the while candy flipping face. Walking through puddles & mud up to my ankles not giving a fuck :smirk: ...Finally made it to my van, stripped naked and got into some dry clothes, smoked a fat bowl and relaxed listening to the rain...Was quite an epic personal moment to say the least....

When I woke up, this is what I see outside

It fucking snowed, and we were only around 2000 feet in elevation. Quite a cold spring storm it was....Some people left on Sunday but quite a bit of people stayed around. Some peoples got together and set up a sound system under a tarp and a camp fire going and people were giggin', dancing, and having snow ball fights like nothing happened...These are my kind of people, not bothered the slightest bit by a little mother nature. The weather really brought everyone together that much more, we had a little cooking stove and people from all over brought what they had to eat, our camp more or less turned into a pot luck.

This was my 3rd year attending this particular gathering/festival and every time it restores some hope within me for humanity. Obviously words or pictures can not even come close to conveying what the weekend was like.....So many genuine awesome beautiful people  :sun: :heart: :shineon:

(To long didn't read, I had a damn good weekend even though it snowed, most of the artists I wanted to see didn't get to play, awesome like minded beautiful people do exists)

I did not take all of these photos

DMT near the creek many times

:shineon:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: Story and pics from a festival.... [Re: openmind]
    #557979 - 05/24/11 07:05 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like a great time!  I really :rofl: at you four in that tent candy flipping.  Sounds like my kinda people too.  I'm moving up to Sacramento this weekend.  Maybe we should meet up at one of these shindigs.  I'll be looking for stuff to do since i'll be unemployed.  Also, thank you for using paragraphs.  :smile:

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

Re: Story and pics from a festival.... [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #557985 - 05/24/11 07:33 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like a good time was had by all.. I'm surprised your recollection is so clear- I've lost entire weekends at festys..of course, I'm an old fucker; I was going when they were called dead shows lol

--------------------

"You're cool, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out.."

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: Story and pics from a festival.... [Re: Hendershot]
    #557997 - 05/24/11 08:22 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

festy's and deadshows... lol

:fasted:

Offlinebobby
TheKushFiles
Male User Gallery

Loc: upper sedimentary rock
Re: Story and pics from a festival.... [Re: eNtranceAsexit]
    #558003 - 05/24/11 09:04 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

what the localations? nothing like that goes on in this dead shit hole of a state:frown:

--------------------

InvisibleBlueBerry_SwisherS
Heart Slowed

Loc: Raw Headspace Flag
Re: Story and pics from a festival.... [Re: bobby]
    #558012 - 05/24/11 09:31 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

That looks pretty amazing

--------------------

Let food be thy medicine

OfflineCage
Melancholy Mindfuck.

Re: Story and pics from a festival.... [Re: BlueBerry_Swisher]
    #558253 - 05/25/11 03:26 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Honestly, I was lazy to read the story portion, but the pictures look EPIC.

Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

Loc: Cannafornia
Re: Story and pics from a festival.... [Re: Cage]
    #564487 - 06/14/11 08:47 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Sounds like a great time!  I really :rofl: at you four in that tent candy flipping.  Sounds like my kinda people too.  I'm moving up to Sacramento this weekend.  Maybe we should meet up at one of these shindigs.  I'll be looking for stuff to do since i'll be unemployed.  Also, thank you for using paragraphs.  :smile:

It most definitely was, but I'm still really bummed it rained/snowed. It was about 11pm Saturday night when it started to rain, literally right as the peak of the night and weekend was about to go off....It took quite a while before the reality of what was going on with the rain and everything actually set in, but my thoughts on the situation was more or less "Fuck it, nothing we can do about it, mind as well make the most of the situation"...Needless to say, the rain did not rain on our parade :grin: .

Sacramento eh' :strokebeard: ?....Yea we will definitely have to meet up sometime, I'm just a short drive south of Sacramento. There's a few more of these gathering/festivals through out the summer in northern California, but since I'm tight on $ probably won't be attending another until late summer in August sometime. But I'll be sure to give ya heads up. I often know of underground parties going down in the bay area as well, so if you're interested I'll give ya a heads up about those too. The "scene" around Sacramento and the valley in general sucks, but there's always something going on in the bay.

Quote:

bobby said:
what the localations? nothing like that goes on in this dead shit hole of a state:(

This went down somewhere off a back mountain road in Tuolumne County, a bit outside Yosemite. What state do you live in?...There may very well be things going on in your area that you don't know about. It's like once you are in the circle and in the know of things you start finding out about things like this going on all the time.

Things like this go down at least twice a month during spring & summer in my area.

Quote:

A7X said:
That looks pretty amazing

Quote:

Cage said:
...the pictures look EPIC.

It was!...I really wish more people could experience these smaller "festivals", it's really where it's at these days. Fuck the big festivals....You guys have no idea! Incredible epic times are always had, lots of awesome heady people...Nothing but good positive vibes among all.

And the music literally never stops the entire weekend...

:stoner:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order