Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineChangsta
Rapper

League Of Legends
    #547609 - 04/17/11 08:33 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Is this game worth downloading? I've been playing Starcraft for more than 11 years already and I think it's time to move on to a new different game (not Starcraft 2). I want to give this game a try, do any of you guys play it? Is it worth the time?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

Loc: Flag
Re: League Of Legends [Re: Changsta]
    #547613 - 04/17/11 08:52 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I used to play it. Until it stopped running for some reason. the only reason I heard/played it was because my friend got me into it after he moved. I have a handful of friends who want me to re download it. From what I hear I understand the graphics got significantly better.

Overall I'd say it's worth a download. I've never played Starcraft but Ive played Warcraft 3 (if that is any similar, idk) and I'd say it's pretty good.:bobmarley:

--------------------
[quote]
“You see this glass bong?” asks Achaan Chaa, the Thai meditation master. “For me this glass is already broken. I enjoy it; I smoke out of it. It holds my water admirably, sometimes even reflecting the sun in beautiful patterns. If I should tap it, it has a lovely ring to it. But when I put this glass bong on the shelf and the wind knocks it over or my elbow brushes it off the table and it falls to the ground and shatters, I say, ‘Of course.’ When I understand that the glass is already broken, every moment with it is precious.”[/quote]

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#547614 - 04/17/11 08:56 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I haven't gave it a go yet mainly because I still play Dota from time to time.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineFar Stox
Higher Education

Re: League Of Legends [Re: King Koopa]
    #547760 - 04/18/11 09:05 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I play LoL fairly regularly. Definitely worth it.

One of my only complaints about it would be that every time they release a new hero they make them stupidly OP so people will buy them, but they usually get nerfed within a week or two.

--------------------
"When I awaken,
The first thing on my mind,
A little bit of cornflakes,
And a blunt that's all mine."-PUTS

OfflineChangsta
Rapper

Re: League Of Legends [Re: Far Stox]
    #547789 - 04/18/11 11:21 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Ohh I see. Yeah my friend has been telling me that you can buy heroes...and I really don't like that because for those who don't choose to pay, they have a disadvantage already. I already played the tutorial as Ashe, and I admit it does look fun, but omg it's gonna take a while for me to get used to @_@

--------------------

OfflineFar Stox
Higher Education

#548041 - 04/19/11 02:25 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

You earn points from playing games that you can use to unlock heroes. So you don't have to pay real money for it, but if you want to you can. And yeah, it'll take a while to get used to gameplay, especially when you're going up against other players online. Expect to get your shit rolled for a while. :lol:

--------------------
"When I awaken,

OfflineChangsta
Rapper

#548083 - 04/19/11 09:38 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

LOl yeah dude omg I was playing as Miss Fortune, and I had no idea Caitlyn's special was ultra-ranged so I died, and I literally got fuckin raged at from everyone lmao

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #548084 - 04/19/11 09:43 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

:lol: That's why I never liked DoTA back in the day, I would always try to play and get owned on, and everyone would get all pissed.

It's like shit nigga, I don't know how to play, help me stay alive instead of being a craggot about it.

OfflineFar Stox
Higher Education

Re: League Of Legends [Re: DungenessDank]
    #548089 - 04/19/11 10:35 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, most of the people who are awesome at it take the game way too seriously and get pissed off whenever things don't go perfectly. While you're learning the game it's best to play really conservatively and don't get too caught up in trying to attack enemy champions. Once you've played for long enough you'll grow to understand the dynamics of the game more, which adds to the awesomeness of it. The learning curve is a bitch, but once you get good handling a champ or two things are pretty sweet.

--------------------
"When I awaken,

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
    #548124 - 04/19/11 11:51 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

So I wasn't the only one playing this!!!

step 1: ward. Any champion, if you can afford to buy a ward when you are at the shop but one.

Google warding guides. id go more into detail but im heading to theatre class :/

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

Re: League Of Legends [Re: DungenessDank]
    #548281 - 04/19/11 05:53 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
:lol: That's why I never liked DoTA back in the day, I would always try to play and get owned on, and everyone would get all pissed.

It's like shit nigga, I don't know how to play, help me stay alive instead of being a craggot about it.

omg just leave noob!!!

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#548374 - 04/19/11 09:01 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Back in the day running in house games... I think I was in a final fantasy based DoTA guild. Dunno, quit after like 4 months.

OMG LAST HIT OMG STOP AUTO ATTACKING.

However, seriously; stop auto attacking.

--------------------

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

Re: League Of Legends [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #548383 - 04/19/11 09:24 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

GET OUT MAH LANE

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#548385 - 04/19/11 09:26 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

BITCH I'M TRYING TO GANK!

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#548387 - 04/19/11 09:32 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Getting a full set of runes teir three is going to cost out your ass by the way.

Right now I need 6000 ip just to get 3 quintessence runes; and those are just for tanks and carry champions.

Other people are going to read this thread and facepalm.

As I said in the other thread though; feel free to add me anyone that plays it. The other thread is under similar threads.

Once you hit lvl 20 I'll play with you, or if you already are I will.

I tend to play tanks/support champions because nobody else ever wants to.

--------------------

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#548389 - 04/19/11 09:33 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

im fooking pro at dota, i wonder how well my skills will be received on LoL. :yoda2:

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#548392 - 04/19/11 09:40 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

King Koopa said:
im fooking pro at dota, i wonder how well my skills will be received on LoL. :yoda2:

At least decent as long as you understand warding and last hitting.

Actually; as long as you understand warding and last hitting you are better than 75% of players at least, even at level 30.

However it is a bitch to get to level 30, and even more of a bitch to get all the champions, runes, and to move up in elo (rank) right when you start playing ranked. However I've yet to play ranked, but I hear people talking about elo hell all the time.

--------------------

OfflineFar Stox
Higher Education

#548395 - 04/19/11 09:41 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Get on that shit, man. You might be a little clunky at first but the developers loved DoTA a lot so they've tried to do it justice.

And I'm lvl 25 or 26 now, I don't remember. I tank a lot. It's a very loveless way to game. Everyone bitches at the tank whenever things don't go well. :lol:

--------------------
"When I awaken,

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#548400 - 04/19/11 09:47 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Far Stox said:
Get on that shit, man. You might be a little clunky at first but the developers loved DoTA a lot so they've tried to do it justice.

And I'm lvl 25 or 26 now, I don't remember. I tank a lot. It's a very loveless way to game. Everyone bitches at the tank whenever things don't go well. :lol:

Weeeeell, to be a nitpicker some of the developers are some of the creators of DoTA Allstars, some are from blizzards, maybe another company too.

I smell a growery clan forming; time to stomp the ESL international tourny at dreamhack with a 100,000 dollar prize?

Good news, you don't have to worry about having a bad ranking. Season I should be ending within a fairly short time frame and will have some form of reset.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds