Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOverDoseLiving
Stranger
Pro's Con's of using hermies to breed.
    #543602 - 04/05/11 09:00 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Its been rumored that some breeders use female pollen to breed. So it cant be all bad under some circumstances.

I was just wondering if anyone actually knows from experience what happens if you pollinate a non hermie female with hermie pollen.
Ive heard you can grow them out fine.
Im thinking of doing something like this with my master kush.

My question is, what do you think the differene will be in terms of gender influencing traits passed on to the offspring if I use a hermies male instead of the usually encountere and tgalked about mostly hermie female??

Could that in some ways be better? I know its got purple, crystls and a good smell and structure.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineninja cat 09
Made you look
Male

Loc: Mexico Flag
Re: Pro's Con's of using hermies to breed. [Re: OverDoseLiving]
    #543607 - 04/05/11 09:51 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

A few seeds might end up fine, but the hermie trait will live on through those seeds.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pro's Con's of using hermies to breed. [Re: OverDoseLiving]
    #543608 - 04/05/11 09:59 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Well the first thing is that there is a huge difference between a plant that is hermie and one that is forced.

If the breeder is doing his job he should pick the best female to breed with. Then take cuttings off of that plant and stress them every way he can. Light, water, aging (Soma's method for making female seeds that is why he fails at it so hard) and try to make the plant go hermie. Those that don't go hermie are then forced to make pollen. The reason is that plants that go hermie under stress have a much higher rate of producing hermie seeds. Plants that pass the stress test have the same rates of producing hermies as those seeds made with normal methods (male x female). :wink:

The only major difference I've seen between normal seeds and feminized (when done correctly) is the feminized seeds seem more uniform. Less phenos with feminized seeds which can be good and bad. :happyweed:

These are the strains I make and sell to the clubs. These were all done with feminized pollen except Sweet 16 which I do both ways. (Original Sweet 16 was a normal male to female cross)

Sweet 16--Mikado X Sweet Tooth #3 (I've had this one out for a while now)
Cannibal--OG Kush x Chem Dawg
Man Eater--Green Crack x Sour Diesel
Gina--Sweet 16 X GDP x Trainwreck
Purple Monster--Purple Kush x GDP x Purple Erkle X Mendocino Purps

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineOverDoseLiving
Stranger
Re: Pro's Con's of using hermies to breed. [Re: Magash]
    #543768 - 04/06/11 03:03 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

These plants were definitely stressed. Im pretty sure they cme from hermie pollen because I only found a little bit of sees in my eigth of weed. Some of them are growing fine.. Two or three hermied. Unfortunately I lost my only male which was totally purple.
The weird thing is is they are outdoors and flowering now. They are in about week 3 or 4 in CA. I moved them out to vegge but they started flowering.. Do you think theyll be able to finish flowering or will the increasingly intense spring rays eventually revert them to vegging before they can finish making seeds?

Edited by OverDoseLiving (04/06/11 03:03 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies