Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCannasaurus
Pollen Chucker

Loc: Colorado Flag
Grow Renovation.
    #543518 - 04/05/11 04:58 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Hiya.
So I started with a single tent and a 1000w light. Over time, things grew and I came into more equipment and I have decided to make one last "big" run before my moving in July. I have decided to start planning immediately so as to get the most out of the grow because I should have probably started yesterday. Haha.

I have a stone room about 10ft x 20ft. One large window, currently covered in b/w poly. Two other windows on an unstable wall. It'll hold but it's also one of the reasons we're moving. Light leaks may be a problem with the wall, but I am working on a makeshift solution.

Right now, I have one 1000w HPS unit, two 400w hps (one switches to Halide but no halide  bulb). I have two inline fans, one is 4" and the other is 8". They clear a 4x4x6 tent and 10x10x6 tent in one minute, although I forgot their precise CFM.

I have one "aero" unit with six sites. It works, but the roots always get tangled into the water line. I may devote a single 400w light to this unit in the flowering process.

I plan to take clones from my dispensary Cheezle to cover the short time frame I have to flower the plants and give them time enough to grow. My Cheezle flowers in about 7.5 weeks, which is almost perfect. I am on a limited plant count since I am a registered patient/caregiver, but I believe I can allot 20 - 30 Cheezle clones to the project. It is a moderate yield, with superb quality.

I can't think of anything else to list right now so if you are this far, thanks for sticking with me. This run is basically to get me some weight before I move to sustain me and my patients (and admittedly, my family's stomach) until we recover from the move. My question for YOU is more multi-faceted. I am asking if anyone has tips, tricks or helpful hints for the plan. I am basically looking to grow out the most yield I can before July. Tight, I know. So help me out, if you can!

--------------------
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
-Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Grow Renovation. [Re: Cannasaurus]
    #543585 - 04/05/11 07:39 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

SOG for sure. Try to take as many clones as possible(for you its your plant limit) and put into 1-2gal bags under the 1000w plus your other 400w., you can either do a soilless mix of coco/perlite to control your own nutrients or use soil with additional nutes. Put some clones in the aero system and flower those like you said.

OfflineCannasaurus
Pollen Chucker

Re: Grow Renovation. [Re: Dephect]
    #543586 - 04/05/11 07:43 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks Dephect!

On a timeframe like I am looking at, what might be a yield, forseeable? If even an estimate could be made which.. would be hard for me to guess anyway.

I am thinking since the aero unit might to the most good, about sticking the 1kw HPS above that but that means only 6 plants under 1kw.

--------------------
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
-Albert Einstein

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #543600 - 04/05/11 08:55 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

What are the dimensions of the aero unit?

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineCannasaurus
Pollen Chucker

Re: Grow Renovation. [Re: Tank333]
    #543603 - 04/05/11 09:01 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

2.5ft x 4ft x about 2ft in height, I want to say. It was made custom for me by a friend.

--------------------
-Albert Einstein

Edited by Cannasaurus (04/05/11 09:03 PM)

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #543604 - 04/05/11 09:05 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Would it be possible to add more sites to the unit? Got any pics of the room in question or the unit?

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineCannasaurus
Pollen Chucker

Re: Grow Renovation. [Re: Tank333]
    #543605 - 04/05/11 09:18 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I don't have the tools, nor the know-how to modify a custom unit and this isn't really the time to learn, unfortunately. Maybe next time! Right now I am trying to use what I have to the best of my(current) ability.

--------------------
-Albert Einstein

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #543610 - 04/05/11 10:23 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Grow bags are nice. There was a tek to make them out of your panda film and a impulse sealer.

I buy mine from the grow store though for like 16 cents a piece. I am trying out smart pots for my first time too now. I kind of like them better then the grow bags.

OfflineCannasaurus
Pollen Chucker

#543616 - 04/05/11 10:50 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I think I have ten bags, 5 gallon. The last time I used it, fox farm caked at the bottom of them and caused an infection. Lost the clone.

Been iffy using them ever since.

edit: I know it was probably just the dirt! Haha. I might use my 5gal bags.

--------------------
-Albert Einstein

Edited by Cannasaurus (04/05/11 11:12 PM)

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #543654 - 04/06/11 02:17 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

My poly bags have at least 3-4 holes up and down each side with two rows. That provides good aeration, I find you just have to be careful with your watering amount in the beginning and increase as a the short veg/flower continues and eventually your roots will grow to the bottom and suck up all that moisture. 5gal is a lot of space for roots to fill more so if you are not going to have a very long veg time, unless you want to veg. I have had plants in 1-2gal bags that I have had to water every day since I started using them. I use FoxFarm too. FFOF with the water soluble crystal line up. Open Ses, Beastie Bloomz, Cha Ching are the shit.

The smart pots are this mesh like material it provides really good root aeration and its supposed to stop root spiraling. I am experimenting with these in my SOG. they are wider then the poly bags and I am wondering if it will increase the size of the terminal cola at all by using them.

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

#543662 - 04/06/11 05:37 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I'd have to second the sog... Take your 30 cuttings, veg them for a week or two and go for it... I probably wouldn't try to count on more than 1/4 ounce a plant per week of veg, after roots... That's only my experience though, someone with a tight veg setup can probably make monsters with a two week veg.

Maybe take your areo unit and buy six ready to rock clones, and throw that into flower now?  maybe they could be a 10 week strain?  Or maybe, you could veg something out in there for the next couple months and take them with you and plant them in your new garden hehe

If not man I think it'd be a pain in the ass to baby six plants along on a completely different setup when I have 25 more over here that all have the same needs.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds