Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePortishead
Stranger

Indoor 400w HPS Soil - Indica
    #542854 - 04/03/11 06:50 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

This log is written now (4.3.11), about 2 weeks into flowering. But I will start at the very begging.
This is my first grow. The seed was given to me by a friend who bought it in spain. I knew nothing more of it. It turned up to be an Indica strain – with very fleshy and full leafs with a dark green shade.
The basics:
Strain: Indica looks, don't know more than this.
Indoor/Outdoor: First month outdoors, later-on indoors.
Light: 105W CFL (vegetation), 400W HPS (flowering)
Medium: Soil.
This lady started to grow outdoors for about one month during December which means it started off at about the worst timing, both cold and very few daylight hours. And so it did took A LOT of time to grow at first. This is about one month and two weeks after planting, as it was taken indoors to the lady's much delight:

I put the plant under a 105W CFL light, with a 18/6 light cycle. It reacted and grew much faster from this point on. As you can see in the picture below, the plant genetic is quite unique (as to what I'm use to) in the sense it has a very full and "fleshy" leafs but a thin stem. This continues through all of its growth.  I do not have a closet or a tent but an open space – a closed room with an open window. A fan is working at all time.

As you can see the lady is content, two days under the new light cycle and it boosted:

And one week after:

I have moved the plant to a large pot (I'd say about a 10 Liter pot) so the plant could "breath" and stretch it roots:

Looking good… Plus, I love getting my hands dirty with fresh fertile soil.

I have decided to start the training... :grin: after reading about training I have decided to take a bit of a different approach. I will stimulate the plant to grow side words by using light manipulation. I added at first two "small" CFLs about 25w each to the plant sides:

The plant reacted nicely, and really spread to it sides and added a lot to its volume this way, see how thick the leafs have grown. You can also see I added an additional 25w CFL light, since I found the others to be effective. Keep in mind that the lights you see are additional to the 105w CFL bulb that lights the entire area.

One more thing I did that week was to top the stem (time for some real training), and a few days later you can see the results nice and clear:

My grow room is starting to look like a jungle! And yea, it also resembles an El-Kayda bomb-lab.
Two weeks have passed and the veg is taking over… you can see the plant has double its size, and leafs are getting this dark green color. See how the stem has gotten strong where it was topped and also you can clearly see in the zoomed picture those tiny hairs revealing its female sex! On the last picture you can see that I have topped again, each of the "branches" (the two main that was topped before) was topped again creating four main branches. Looking back I think that it was too risky! That could have been too stressful for the plant, but I guess some luck stood by me as this fine lady made the best of it and grew four "main branches".

This is from today, two weeks into flowering. About two-three weeks ago I started to change the plant environment for the flowering step. I changed from the white-blue CFL light of about 6000K to the warm light of a 400w HPS (with the remain of the "surround" CFL lights). I also stopped with the Nitrogen enriched fertilizer, gave Phosphorus instead, and started to change cycle times. I decided not to change the cycle straight from 18/6 to 12/12, but I gradually diminished 2 hours of light each day, so it took 3 days just to get that cycle down to 12/12. I also started to close the window at night so the plant will be in complete darkness during its night time. About 4 days after the shift of the cycle was complete signs of flowering began to show. The plant got a dramatic boost of about 10cm almost overnight (the stretching syndrome) and tiny hairs informing of buds on the way, began to show all over. This pictures are from today and you can see the "stretchy" area at the top of the plant (in the full plant view) and you can see that buds are still popping everywhere while some of them have began to swollen :mushroom2: can't wait to taste that lady…

so.. what do you think?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Indoor 400w HPS Soil - Indica [Re: Portishead]
    #542872 - 04/03/11 07:34 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

looking VERY nice!:thumbup:

--------------------
My best run so far

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
Re: Indoor 400w HPS Soil - Indica [Re: Tank333]
    #542882 - 04/03/11 08:08 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

:popcorn:

Looks great.  The plant looks like it was ready for the 400 watt HPS.

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Loc: New Caledonia
    #543409 - 04/05/11 10:48 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Wow dude I really like the way you encouraged the bushy growth with side lighting rather than topping or training! (well you topped eventually but at first...) Looks really massive and healthy!!!:thumbup:

--------------------
No one is free when others are oppressed

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

Re: Indoor 400w HPS Soil - Indica [Re: Doc]
    #543434 - 04/05/11 01:43 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

beauty  :jennajameson:

--------------------
:whereismiddleman:

OfflinePortishead
Stranger

Re: Indoor 400w HPS Soil - Indica [Re: dmtcorey]
    #544376 - 04/08/11 04:20 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

thank you for your replies!

I add pictures from today, some are close-ups on the flowers, it can be seen its a much slower evolution as to the vegi stage (you can compare with the last flower close-ups pictures). the other pictures show the plant in full view, you can see that the plant gets sunlight from the window (it's get about 2-3 hours of direct sunlight per day). It's a bit showing that the side facing the window is more lively, It's even more clear in real-life. I turn the plant around every 3-4 days so it's other side will face sunlight. I advice anyone who can to do the same! even an hour of direct sunlight a day will show on the plant!

looking forward for your replies 'till the next post update.

--------------------
check out my grow log

:crazy2:

OfflinePortishead
Stranger

#549001 - 04/21/11 12:17 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Back for updates.

I was away for almost a week and I had a friend watering the plant for me about every other day giving it some nuts in the water as well. I should remind you that it is now about 9 weeks into flowering.
Today I walked in to see that the plant is looking ready for harvest, at least at some parts of it. I just didn't notice the time flying by and also it seems that indica flower much faster than sativa does. so first thing I did was to flush the plant's soil with fresh clean water, you can see it didn't even fit the shower:

and these were taken a few hours later:

I gave the plant this "Bio-Bloom" liquid nut in the water and I prefer it will get out of the plant's system (at least partially) before I harvest the flowers, so I give it only fresh clean water from now on. what do you think, can I wait a week or two or will it just deteriorate
(check some of the flowers close-ups above) if anyone has experience with a more indica strain it is preferable.

--------------------
check out my grow log

OfflinePortishead
Stranger

#596068 - 11/07/11 12:21 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

It has been 6 month since my last post and just thought this post should be proper and include the complete finalize product..

so here are the last pictures from this project! :grin:

the green..

the cut-down

drying out across my house

and the final produce left for curing.. (I still have some left!)

hope you enjoyed it.. i know i did!!

--------------------
check out my grow log

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds