Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

has to be the easy way to clone...
    #538275 - 03/19/11 09:25 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

coda said:

Is this what you were talking about?  I think you have it down, hydrate perlite, place in bottom of tray, place clones on top of perlite (I like to dig em a little bit to keep them stable), put the lid on, and let sit.

Works like a charm, I usually see roots within 7-10 days although my current clone run is being another PITA again.  As for the heating mat, ambient temps aren't as important as root zone temps. The heating mat is completely optional unless you're trying to clone in a meat locker.  Just keep in mind that if your root zone temps dip too far below 75 you'll see some slower rooting times and increased cloning failures.  I try to keep the dome at around 78-80 degrees.  Also keep in mind that with a heating mat your perlite will dry out quicker then without.  So at least pop your head in every day, soon as you start seeing the droplets on your dome start to dissipate, dump a little more water over the perlite and close the lid again.

i was going through posts to get ready to make2-3 clones to see if there was any way to get better results and i think this will be bad ass, my only Q is do you still have to mist them. or will the air moisture created be enough? o and also will the 37k cfl's work as good as the 65k daylight's?

--------------------
Everyone are you ready for doom,
Because I've blackened the sun,
And I've bloodied the moon.
I bring gloom when I step in the room,
With the fumes of a tomb.
flowers bloom when Im taken away
:rofldrunk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: has to be the easy way to clone... [Re: lostinbq]
    #538292 - 03/19/11 10:25 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

if you have high humidity (if you set it up right you will) you do not need to mist them, although I would mist the perlite every couple of days to make sure it is still doing it's job. 37k's will work but 65k is better for vegging. There is a higher ratio of blue light, which tends to keep the plants small and bushy with tight internode length as opposed to tall and lanky with a lot of useless internodal stem in between the nodes. Most of the time this can be fixed by simply increasing the intensity of the lower color temperature lights like the 37k's.

That being said, I am currently using only 37k's in my grow tent, and have since germination, and have seen no problems with plants being too lanky or anything like that. So although the literature and general knowledge base claims that it may cause problems....experience says as long as there is enough light you will be fine. :cool:

Hope this helps...peace
agmotes165:gethigh:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Invisiblefreeskierpj
Just trying to learn some shit
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: I can run and I can hide ... Flag
Re: has to be the easy way to clone... [Re: Data]
    #538318 - 03/20/11 12:02 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=42847

Just got mine today and seems very very simple :smile:

--------------------
Haze female clone gift and took about 15 clones so far
Anything posted on these forums is strictly for fun and completely fictional.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds