Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblefreeskierpj
Just trying to learn some shit
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: I can run and I can hide ... Flag
Completely FAILED Haze Grow...
    #537577 - 03/17/11 06:11 AM (13 years, 14 days ago)

So this was a complete and total FAIL!!!

I didn't read like I should have and I didn't do things like they should have been done. From now on that's what I'm going to do, I'm gonna read night and day and really get ready for my first TRUE grow which I am planning to have a large perpetual harvest setup (or at least the grow area and everything setup) within the next two to three months I should have a grow starting up shortly after that...

I did however learn a lot about what NOT to do and with that as a learning experience I hope to have a very successful "first grow" (I don't even count this as a grow haha).

Anyways here's my "grow log" for my first time even touching a plant...and hopefully my last time killing one out of complete stupidity:

Ok so I'm just hopping on over here from the Shroomery because I ended up with a female Haze "clone" (I put clone in quotes cause it's more than just a little clone hahaha) as a result of a trade with a buddy who lives in a state where there's MMJ. So the good news is it only took 2 days of 12/12 to show sex and I picked it up on the 3rd day of 12/12. I put it back under 24/0 to get it back in veg (as I am not prepared for the stink of haze through the apartment yet and I need some more time for that).
  • In picture 1 even though it's blurry you should be able to see the white pistils.
  • Picture 2 shows the roots seen through the container it is being held in and I think that it may be restricting growth as the container is pretty small from what the little I know about growing bud.
  • Pictures 3 and 5 show how the buddy of mine had the plant leaning over for some reason, I have put a little popsicle stick in there to prop her up and she seems to be growing up again which I think is good. I think he was trying his hand at LST and he started too late so the plant wasn't being very flexible.
  • Picture 6 is just a cool shot showing where it breaks off and the leaves that are upside down in Picture 5 at a different angle.

I realize now that my lighting setup was downright stupid...Lights were on 24/7 and I hadn't gotten a fan in there yet but the temps are in the low to mid 70s usually around 74 which I believe is in the right range but I'm not sure.

Thanks a bunch everyone and to all those with tons of knowledge who make the growery and the shroomery work how the way they do :smile:

Picture 1:

Picture 2:

Picture 3:

Picture 4:

Picture 5:

Picture 6:

Picture 7:

Picture 8:

Edited by freeskierpj (04/12/12 12:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblefreeskierpj
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Just got a female Haze "clone" as a gift :) [Re: freeskierpj]
    #537578 - 03/17/11 06:20 AM (13 years, 14 days ago)

Oh and here's a shot of the full plant the day I got it (temp was low because I hadn't moved my heater there yet :smile:):

If there's any basics I need to know on keeping this plant in veg would someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction? I'm using tap water for watering by the way should I use some nutrients or something else?

--------------------
Haze female clone gift and took about 15 clones so far
Anything posted on these forums is strictly for fun and completely fictional.

Invisiblefreeskierpj
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #537643 - 03/17/11 02:17 PM (13 years, 14 days ago)

No replies?

--------------------

Invisiblefreeskierpj
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #537702 - 03/17/11 08:06 PM (13 years, 14 days ago)

Tried some cloning without any rooting formula and using vermiculite as the medium. I took 3 cuttings and although I know it isn't ideal, it was what I could do today so that's what I figured I would do and they seem healthy but who knows lol...

I used this tek and it seems to be working fine. I didn't have twine or anything so I used cheesecloth as I knew that would absorb the water up into the main area. I did give the dome a small bit of a watering as in spraying up into the big dome so there is some water on the dome but other than that I think it's working but you never know till you actually get roots...

I'm thinking of following this tek though tomorrow

--------------------

Invisiblefreeskierpj
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #537771 - 03/18/11 02:35 AM (13 years, 14 days ago)

Are the growery forums really this dead that I didn't get a single response?

--------------------

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #537845 - 03/18/11 11:27 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Well you see, the very same questions you've just asked have been asked hundreds of times over by no0bs such as yourself previously. People tend to get tired of answering the same questions over and over again. The growery has many peer-reviewed archives of tek's that will give you all the information you need. All you need to do to access them is utilize the SEARCH function in the top right hand corner.

Once you've done some reading, and you still haven't found the answers to what you're looking for, come back and ask some specific questions...

It's not that we don't encourage new growers, it's just that you have to show that you're willing to take the initiative on your own. Myself, I spent three to four weeks lurking and reading all the threads I could before I started posting here.

--------------------
My best run so far

Invisiblefreeskierpj
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Just got a female Haze "clone" as a gift :) [Re: Tank333]
    #537851 - 03/18/11 12:05 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

I did the same on the shroomery (well I posted in the pub for a little while while I was reading but I spent a LONG time reading...) I just got this girlie out of the blue so the time for reading wasn't really there. She's doing well though I'm gonna be keeping her as a mom for some clones so she's under 24/0 and has been pruned a little bit to make her more manageable :smile:

--------------------

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#537854 - 03/18/11 12:15 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

She looks like she's really stretched out... what kind of light is she under? and are you sure she's a girl?

--------------------
My best run so far

Invisiblefreeskierpj
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #537871 - 03/18/11 01:38 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Well I'm positive she's a girl and she's under the best temporary lighting I can give her which is 3x 23W (I think one of them is 26W) 6500K CFLs

--------------------

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#537873 - 03/18/11 01:41 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Yea, CFL's are the best thing to use in a pinch. When you can afford it, I'd recommend an HID light, but I have a friend who uses only CFL's with very good results. Just make sure they're hanging as close to the plants as they can be without burning them...

--------------------
My best run so far

Invisiblefreeskierpj
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #537910 - 03/18/11 03:56 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Yea they're about 5" away from the plant so I'm trying to make it stretch as little as possible but those fuckers get hot!

--------------------

Invisiblefreeskierpj
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #538295 - 03/19/11 10:38 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

(Before surgery)

I'm gonna keep her as a "bonsai mom" about 4 inches tall atm and use the healthiest cuttings to flower...

(After surgery)

Cuttings are developing roots hopefully via THIS TEK and I have 15-20 from her going right now...

--------------------

Invisiblefreeskierpj
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #540830 - 03/27/11 09:57 PM (13 years, 4 days ago)

Well I let her recover for a little bit and threw her into flowering 3 days ago (mostly because the lighting in the room needed to be 12/12 for my mushrooms so I couldn't run it 24/7). Already showing that she's a female and I put the clones under the same light and it seems that some of them are showing sex as well even though they haven't rooted yet is this normal? I'm hoping that they will have rooted by next week and the ones that have will get transplanted and will be 12/12 from clone and the ones that haven't will get tossed out.

--------------------

Edited by freeskierpj (03/27/11 09:58 PM)

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #540837 - 03/27/11 10:54 PM (13 years, 4 days ago)

Ohhh boy!

Well I see it has been a week since you chopped up your plant. How are the clones looking? Still alive and looking alright?

You need to pick a hobby or get seperate rooms for both. Shoving new clones into flowering 3 days after taking them is not advisable.
As far as it being dead and no response other then Tank. Well I am sure most of the grow community is :facepalm:  I would like to thank Tank tho for giving valid advice in this situation. We do not discourage new growers but we do incourage doing exactly what tank recommended. Grab the search button and do a little research. It is really unfortunate you took a fairly ( free) healthy looking plant and chopped it into pieces. I hope it works out for ya man! But you need different environments for both of your "adventures". Good luck brah,
knowledge is power!:shrug:

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Invisiblefreeskierpj
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Just got a female Haze "clone" as a gift :) [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #540964 - 03/28/11 12:21 PM (13 years, 3 days ago)

Yea it's understandable and I have been doing a lot of reading and I know I did just put a huge stress on those clones (I gave them 6 days to root before flowering not just 3 but still not enough time at all) but they are still looking healthy and a I have transplanted a couple as they showed some good roots today (I haven't been checking each of them every day don't worry but I have checked a couple of them here or there and today I moved some over to small pots. I also separated the closet by a tarp while I prepare the storage room as a proper grow room so I can actually do it right this time. I know I fucked a lot of things up but everything is still looking healthy, nice dark healthy looking leaves and showing the pistils I believe they are called so I know it's a female. I dunno next time I do it I'm gonna be going from seed and doing a perpetual SOG.

I apologize for my misinformed post, I guess I'm just used to the shroomery where noobs are all over the place but still get the advice they need despite some misinformation I have definitely been doing my research since getting this plant and I know I have done quite a bit wrong and am quite surprised that my plant has even survived up until now. Thanks Tank and Spacemonkey for the kind responses.

--------------------

Edited by freeskierpj (03/28/11 12:28 PM)

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #540983 - 03/28/11 01:26 PM (13 years, 3 days ago)

Stick around bro!  You will learn. We all start somewhere. As long as all the clones are making it and are staying healthy, this is half the battle. Now to see how bad you stressed this thing out. You really needed to put them buggers into veg for a couple weeks and think you should consider setting up another room for your cannagirls in da future for other grows. The high stress you have created could cause hermie traits.

Usually people might put their shrooms into a flowering chamber. But not usually the opposite. :shrug:

And I am not saying that other growery memberss are ignoring this thread or you. But that plant looked pretty nice and also looked like it was trained. So when we see someone new come in all gungho on what they are doing and then ask questions afterward once they get it all messed up, gets old. We have many members who have contributed vast volumes of information on almost anything cannabis. So there is alot of first hand knowledge here.

Anyways brah, stick around here and keep me posted on how this turns out. You got me interest peaked now. Hope things work out!

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Invisiblefreeskierpj
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Just got a female Haze "clone" as a gift :) [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #541171 - 03/29/11 12:42 AM (13 years, 3 days ago)

Will do :laugh: and I will be sticking around for sure as I have just delved into the world of growing (and I tend to learn more by trial and error than I do learning from past grows of other members...it's just my nature :laugh:)

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #542149 - 04/01/11 01:55 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

clones need high humidity for the first few days. Get two clear 10" (about 5" deep) pot liners from the garden section at walmart and turn them on themselves to make a small $2 greenhouse. spray them down with a mister so that the plant has plenty of moisture while waiting for roots.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Loc: New Caledonia
    #543248 - 04/04/11 07:37 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Dude above me has some good advice, and I noticed your using a clear container for a pot. That's definitely not a good idea man. Most pots are black or green or brown so that the roots wont be exposed to light.
You should probably transplant them into a bigger black pot. Just my 2 cents.

--------------------
No one is free when others are oppressed

Invisiblefreeskierpj
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Just got a female Haze "clone" as a gift :) [Re: Doc]
    #544294 - 04/07/11 10:06 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

The plant has been flowering for 2 weeks now. Her pistils are growing great (I did transplant to a much bigger and non transparent pot using coco-coir as the soil and she seems to be loving it) not very smelly but 2 weeks in on a plant that should be 9-10 weeks of flowering I wouldn't expect too much smell wise (also the fan is exhausted through a makeshift smell reducer not carbon filter but just dryer sheets kinda like a sploof) I'm not expecting much for a harvest due to my hack-job of cloning but who knows :laugh:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order