Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheProdigy
Stranger
Considering my first grow, please guide me!
    #532781 - 03/03/11 02:47 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Considering doing my first grow and i think my closet would be a good place. it's roughly 5ftx2ftx5.5ft
but it could be made higher if some modifications were made :laugh: It's also right next to a window, pictures coming.

Has anyone ever done this? did you have a helpful guide you followed that I could have? I'm just looking for a basic rundown on what sort of equipment i would need and how to do it etc. so if you have a website/article/thread you can link or can write up a descrip. yourself that would be much appreciated, thanks.

also welcome to any advice on other approaches i could take (growing out in the open in my back yard isnt an option)

Edited by TheProdigy (03/03/11 02:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIngrimus
Stranger
Re: Considering my first grow, please guide me! [Re: TheProdigy]
    #532794 - 03/03/11 03:43 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

This is copy pasted from my two posts on your thread in grow room:

Is smell a concern in your house?
Do you have plans for a carbon filter?

Flat white paint, or that white or silver rollout with the black backing (tip of my tongue but i'm sure almost everyone else here could name it for you) (Mylar?)

What're you doing for lighting? and venting any heat caused by that lighting

Hydro or soil or what?

Got timers? not shitty timers?

Are you going to have a constant grow going in there? (plans to segment a seperate mother/clone room and/or curing area?)

How many plants?

Got nutes?

Also watch the double posting =P mr. grow room design copypasta to cultivation :wink:

I'm talking with a cat crawling all over me for food, so I can't really think atm, but if you answer those questions I'll be happy to help you out if I can.

oh, C02? (probably not but figured I'd ask)

sry for double post; too lazy to click edit now. :rolleyes:

Are you planning on keeping your closet as a clothing closet as well? (part of it?) cause your clothes will reek like dank and that's not for everyone

I grow in a similar closet, actually about a 1.5' narrower.
Soil, home compost that we add everything from leftover 20/20/20 water and salmon fertilizer at the end of the season to horse poo, coffee grounds and leftover coco coir; then balance it out with hydrated lime. (not that it matters, just letting you know how I roll, more convinient then hauling a bag of dirt up from the store or digging a hole (so...so...so many rocks) ;D)

I nute it with weak 30.10.10 to start and end up finishing my nutes with 20.20.20 diluted weak in my water jug I keep for em (I'm sure people have better nute mixes and feeding plans, thats up to you to decide)

I honestly use a BUNCH of 23w CFLs :rolleyes: as I have a bunch of splitters and no shortage of bulbs.

My friend dropped my box with my HPS and MH ballasts and bulbs; so I've been without for some time, but at least now I don't have to worry about heat at all xD

But seriously, I want my HPS and MHs back; made quite a difference in the crop (mostly yield, but a tiny bit less potent)

Ah to have cash to spend on shiny things...

Newho, I can grow anywhere from 1 to probably 12 plants, max i've done was 8 and i think that's best, as 10 would be a bit too much for my space and 12 would require serious training to keep it all working and not get bumper-weed

I have white mylar on my walls, and the walls themselves are white underneath (the closet was already white so no extra work for me)

Don't need heat venting with this setup, but for my HPS/MH (and smell) I have a big shiny stretchy venting tube that runs through a homemade laundry basket carbon filter and exits anywhere near my window I wish (I just attached some big fishing leads to it so the end sits on whatever flat surface I put it on)

I bake bread most days, and have a love for sourdough; so I keep my mothersponge in a large glass jar with a tube in the lid to better direct the c02; does it help? I don't know I've never grown without it (cept outdoor) because my sponge is years old and I love it as much as I love my boomers and my sticky green ladies :crazy2: so they all share a happy home (mushies also put out c02 so that might factor in to my c02 imput :shrug:).

Dunno what I missed, sure there's something but I or another person can cover anything I missed (or replace my misinformed information)
:mushroom2: :peace:

Grow on brother.
Grow on.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Considering my first grow, please guide me! [Re: TheProdigy]
    #532856 - 03/03/11 03:43 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Double post...locking the less active of the two.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck