Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIngrimus
Stranger

Stunted Auto(flower)maria Trichome maturity
    #532619 - 03/02/11 11:25 PM (13 years, 19 days ago)

So long story short.

Had me:
2 plants, 2x Automaria Rud/Ind Autoflowering strain.
55-65 Day flowering period.

Annnnd I stunted one.

other came out beautiful, and has been cropped as of a few days ago
Will the stunted ones trichomes mature? or degrade before then?
I'm fine leaving it for a while, but if it's just getting less potent by the day I'm gonna giver the chop.

The trichomes I see are clear at the moment, the other plant was cut on day 79 of it's growth (bout the max of it's specified 55-65 day flowering period) and had a beautiful mix of trichomes, though most were cloudy (yumm)

germed/planted same day; just bent the others stem by accident (damn cat:rolleyes:) and stunted it.
Chop her down?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (03/02/11 11:24 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Stunted Auto(flower)maria Trichome maturity [Re: Ingrimus]
    #532646 - 03/03/11 05:26 AM (13 years, 19 days ago)

Stunted like, broke the main stem?

I did that to a plant of mine and it finished up fine. If its obviously not going to recover, chop it down but I'd let it go until it was really droopy and leafs were falling off :shrug:

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineDRAGON
Doors of Perception
Male

Loc: Somewhere in the Universe
Re: Stunted Auto(flower)maria Trichome maturity [Re: RasJeph]
    #532651 - 03/03/11 05:41 AM (13 years, 19 days ago)

Pics man :wink:

--------------------
"I know that I know nothing"

OfflineIngrimus
Stranger

Re: Stunted Auto(flower)maria Trichome maturity [Re: DRAGON]
    #532690 - 03/03/11 08:40 AM (13 years, 19 days ago)

Sorry cam's busted =/
I'll try to find the backup in a little bit

I was supercropping it (think thats what it was :tongue: I'm a boomer grower, not a marijuana grower man) where you do the two squeezes on the branches and fold it over (if that's not supercropping, oh well; but it has made my crops super in the past :crazy2:)

ANYwho; I was doing this to my other one behind this one and the cat jumped on my back, into the plant, and yea basically "supercropped" the main stem about 3-4 inches from the base. 90 degrees right on over.
I held it up with stakes and it mended, but it weakened the plant as it looks about 3 weeks behind the other one (at time of harvest, as the other one is down now)

Problem is I couldn't set it back to veg to recover; so I just let it grow and it's budded and all that good stuff.

I just don't know if an autoflower will start to wither and die and either reabsorb the trichomes or they've reached max potency (still clear trichs sadly) and are starting to degrade already.

It's been a week since the other plant got harvested; so I'm thinking I may just cut it down as it doesn't seem to be growing in either the main plant or the buds themselves.

Just hoping for that opinion that says "Oh no leave it it'll reach max potency with no problems" but I kind of see that as a golden manure at the end of the rainbow thing, probably just false hopes leading to disappoint.

P.S. It clearly has less trichomes then the other plant did, as the other smelled like candy and made my hands sticky with a brush against a sugar leaf.

I'm just curious if whats on there will continue to develop or that's the end of the road for this one (BHO here I come from this one)

Edited by Ingrimus (03/03/11 08:42 AM)

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Stunted Auto(flower)maria Trichome maturity [Re: Ingrimus]
    #532692 - 03/03/11 08:43 AM (13 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Ingrimus said:reabsorb the trichomes

Where are you getting this?

Not that I'm doubting you...I've just never heard of that ever.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineIngrimus
Stranger

Re: Stunted Auto(flower)maria Trichome maturity [Re: RasJeph]
    #532696 - 03/03/11 09:19 AM (13 years, 19 days ago)

oh I wasn't saying it would; my bad.

I just wasn't sure if they'd degrade and die/fall off or get re-absorbed.

Sorry I've been up all night with a wicked cold and am all zonked out on not sleeping with a head full of nyquil.

I looked at it a week or so ago and it seemed the trichomes were easier to see, and some of them look shorter now, almost as if they've started to get retaken by the plant.

But I've had insomnia and this friggin cold for a while so I very well may have been "trippin balls" as some would say.

I'm sorry

If I were the plant and nobody was coming to smoke my tasty trichomes I'd take them back :stoned: awwwyea.

Edited by Ingrimus (03/03/11 09:23 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds