Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIndoorNY
Stranger
Male

Loc: New York
Unknown Strain - Indoor - 80w - Soil
    #529577 - 02/22/11 11:47 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Hello! I just signed up with this site to share my growing experience and hopefully get some input from someone more experienced than myself!

Ok! On to the details!

I have a few seedlings going and one clone getting her roots, but there is one plant specifically that I'm here for. She is my baby. I started her about 3 months ago from a seed that I was lucky enough to find in a bag of some pretty good stuff. The only seed anyone buying from that particular guy ever found from that particular harvest. I was lucky to find it and even luckier that it grew up female!

I'm currently growing her in dirt in a little 4 inch pot. I have 2 - T40 40 watt GE Sunshine bulbs hanging overhead running 13-11. She is about a foot and a half tall and that is about as big as she is going to get. Eventually I'd like to grow an ACTUAL sized plant, but for now, a little one works for me :wink:

I give her the blue crystalline Miracle Grow hose attachment refill feed every Wednesday morning and take her photo every Wednesday night right before the lights turn off.

This first photo was taken 2-9-11, approximately 2 1/2 months old. As you may or may not be able to make out, there are a few little hairs starting to show up and otherwise she is just getting her lady parts. It's not very exciting at that point, so I'm only putting the one picture.

This is from last week (2-16-11). As you can see I tried to take much better pictures and show more of the detail in the little beginnings of the buds. The difference in the hair growth in the first week was amazing (well...to me anyway!). The very next day the little crystals popping up on the leaves became easily visible to the naked eye. Here is (basically) the entire plant:

And here are some closeups of the individual splits from the top down;

I'd like to pre-thank you all for any questions, comments, or advice and thanks for taking your time to keep an eye on her! :grin: I'll be posting some more pictures of her, and maybe her clones, on Thursday! :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: Unknown Strain - Indoor - 80w - Soil [Re: IndoorNY]
    #529583 - 02/22/11 12:34 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

bend it over so you can move the whole thing closer to the light.

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Re: Unknown Strain - Indoor - 80w - Soil [Re: SmOakland]
    #529585 - 02/22/11 12:40 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

What light cycle are you on?

OfflineIndoorNY
Stranger
Male

#529586 - 02/22/11 12:48 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:
bend it over so you can move the whole thing closer to the light.

bend it over? what?

and she's on an 13-11 cycle...why i chose 13-11 I don't actually know. I think I was trying to put her on a 12-12 cycle, but set my timer wrong and it's been a happy accident ever since.

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

#529619 - 02/22/11 04:15 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Tie the top of your plant to the side of the pot or something.  Your light is horizontally oriented, so your plant should be also.  That way the whole thing will get more intense light and finish faster. 

Also- breeders have been breeding that strain for generations to do its thing best under 12/12.  fix that.

Offlineshasha
aspiring sadhu

#529636 - 02/22/11 05:27 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:
Tie the top of your plant to the side of the pot or something.  Your light is horizontally oriented, so your plant should be also.  That way the whole thing will get more intense light and finish faster. 

Also- breeders have been breeding that strain for generations to do its thing best under 12/12.  fix that.

:thumbup: lst that shit

--------------------
"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." - Bill Hicks

Invisibledouble
Diesel

Re: Unknown Strain - Indoor - 80w - Soil [Re: shasha]
    #529887 - 02/23/11 10:39 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

which temperature are they growin' in?

OfflineIndoorNY
Stranger
Male

Re: Unknown Strain - Indoor - 80w - Soil [Re: double]
    #530204 - 02/24/11 01:45 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Smoakland: I'm not trying to grow it quickly, I'm just trying to grow a very pretty plant, so I dont think I'm going to tie it off...

Double: I try to keep the cabinet it's in at about 80 degrees.

And now, for this weeks updated pictures! Starting with the whole plant!

Offlineshasha
aspiring sadhu

#530376 - 02/24/11 04:11 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

IndoorNY said:
I'm not trying to grow it quickly, I'm just trying to grow a very pretty plant, so I dont think I'm going to tie it off...

are you planning on smoking this bud or just taking pics of it? cause if you want anything more than micronug lst will provide better light coverage to bud sites and better yield cause you can bring the horizontal plant closer to the light...good luck tho! :thumbup:

--------------------
"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." - Bill Hicks

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

Loc: emerica
    #530511 - 02/24/11 11:24 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

if you tie your plant down then you'll yield more weed.

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

They should teach african engineering at the college level.  mcgyver 101

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

OfflineIndoorNY
Stranger
Male

Re: Unknown Strain - Indoor - 80w - Soil [Re: MFDoom666]
    #532714 - 03/03/11 10:08 AM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Ok, to answer some of the recurring questions:

I may smoke this one day, but for now I can afford bags when I need them. I plan to grow her more as a houseplant. When spring is sprung I plan to take her out of her cabinet and put her on the windowsill with the rest of my houseplants. I'm also hoping to do some experimentation with cyclical growing; trimming off a few buds from each plant (I have 2 clones of her growing up nicely now) and letting them re-grow. If it works, I'll never destroy a whole plant again! I've been trying to research if it's even possible, but everything I've found indicates it hasn't really been tried. Also, when I can afford to I'm hoping to set up a better cabinet for them with 4 lights per plant vertically, and each plant having it's own "room" within the cabinet.

I'm off to edit down today's photo update and will post it when I'm done :-)

OfflineIndoorNY
Stranger
Male

#532719 - 03/03/11 10:24 AM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Ok, not as many pictures as last week, she wasn't being very photogenic this week.

Also, after I took her pictures and the lights went out for the night, I reset the timer to start 18-6 this morning. What do you think this will do to her already started buds?

Offlineshasha
aspiring sadhu

#533080 - 03/04/11 01:35 AM (13 years, 28 days ago)

fuckin with the lights can lead to hermies...and trust me, hermies fucking suck ass

--------------------

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

#533138 - 03/04/11 07:48 AM (13 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

IndoorNY said:
Hello! I just signed up with this site to share my growing experience and hopefully get some input from someone more experienced than myself!

Dude, we already know how to fuck a plant up.. you ARE getting input from folks more experienced than yourself. Use it!

--------------------

"You're cool, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out.."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies