Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Loc: Left Coast
List Two Things You're Bad At.....Don't be Embarassed
    #529417 - 02/21/11 06:28 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

So in this thread list one or two things you're not so skilled at, or that you're lazy/neglectful about in regards to work in the garden.  I'll go first, so don't be shy.

1.  I tend not to water first thing in the morning like you're supposed to- sometimes I have to pull plants from underneath the light to water while the lights are on.  Not the best thing to do, but i like to water on my time so I enjoy the work more.

2.  I should keep better notes on feedings, and timing of other details in a notebook.  I would benefit from more detailed notes than i currently keep.

:shineon:

--------------------
Shroomery.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: List Two Things You're Bad At.....Don't be Embarassed [Re: Psuper]
    #529420 - 02/21/11 06:42 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

1. Maintaining perfect ph - I check it, but I don't correct it like I should. I use tap water and it has never failed me so I just roll with it :shrug:

2. Mixing nutes - I find it kinda hard to follow the chart to a T, so I just kinda experiment until I find something that starts to hurt the plant, and back off a bit.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: List Two Things You're Bad At.....Don't be Embarassed [Re: Psuper]
    #529440 - 02/21/11 07:35 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

I don't know if this is really something I am bad at, but i have no experience and little knowledge about soil growing.  All of my personal experience is with growing cannabis hydroponically.  While I know the basic requirements for the cannabis plant to thrive I can't really help people too much with questions relating to soil growing.  That goes for diagnosing problems too.  There are some i can easily spot but they're things like overheating and ph issues, rather than diseases or other pathogenic issues.  I have gotten better at breeding but I can't claim to know too much about genetics.  I'm no expert on cannabis, though I think i probably know more than your average stoner, so there are lots of gaps to be filled.  I have been absent from the cult forums for the past few months too, so that hasn't helped.  I've gotten a few new cannabis books I need to get to reading too.  I think we all have a lot to learn from each other. 

Quote:

Psuper said:

2.  I should keep better notes on feedings, and timing of other details in a notebook.  I would benefit from more detailed notes than i currently keep.

:shineon:

You should keep yourself a grow log on here.  You may already have one but if not, you should.  it's a really cool way to track your progress and keep track of your feedings and all that.  You can make private grow journals as well - in your journal you can set it to not be viewable by anyone but you.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: List Two Things You're Bad At.....Don't be Embarassed [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #529448 - 02/21/11 07:49 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

I have one of those calendars that is like the size of a notebook. With a space for each day, 2 pages type deals. IDK what you'd call it? A planner?

I write down stuff in that. Works awesome.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck