Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
few questions... maybe a growlog?
    #529327 - 02/21/11 12:13 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

So i got my medical card the other day and didn't really consider growing a possibility, however my eyes have opened in the last few days and I have realized how much better it would be to grow.

So far I have a small 4x5 room with a water heater in one corner, so total area I'd use to grow is about 3x3.

Quad band 120w led light on order for it. I chose LED for simplicity. no bulbs/heat to deal with. but also because the easy of packing it up and moving. I like the concept of just giving the plant the specific wavelength's it uses. All while saving electricity.

5 of 6 seedlings just broke the surface yesterday--bagseeds. I have a t10 florescent tube over them that i'm going to leave on 24/7 till the LED get's here.

when should I transplant them? and what size pot should I use? they are currently in about 1 cup of soil in those small ceramic pots.

what about nutrients? i have a 10-15-10 mixture of liquid nutrients from when I had house plants. Can I use some of that for now?  I plan on growing in soil, what's a good mix?

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: few questions... maybe a growlog? [Re: phychotron]
    #529335 - 02/21/11 12:49 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

oh, my main question was how many plants would that area support?

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #529337 - 02/21/11 12:57 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

You're not so much limited in number of plants by the area, as you are by your method of growing and the wattage of light.

Since I know nothing about LED, I'm not gonna BS you and say, I don't know. But, someone will. :thumbup:

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: few questions... maybe a growlog? [Re: RasJeph]
    #529339 - 02/21/11 01:01 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

from what i can tell the 120w led is comparable to a 400w hps.

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#529341 - 02/21/11 01:15 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Well, I'd do 1 plant per 100 watts if you veg for 1 month. So, 4 plants. You could smash 5 in there, or veg them shorter (smaller plants) and keep more) or do 12/12 from seed and pack a whole bunch under it.

Or, grow out one big monster and only put 1 in.

Many variables :shrug:

As for nutrients, I highly suggest Fox Farm. It seems to be the standard with many many people, and it hasn't failed me yet.

Are you looking to mix your own soil? Because I got some Roots Organic soil for $16 and its KILLER. I'd highly suggest that if you can get it.

Transplant when they look big enough :shrug: I'm not sure how I know when to xplant, I just can tell.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #529347 - 02/21/11 01:18 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Oh, i would definetly prefer to get a pre-mixed soil, but brands are so unreliable, what should I look for? organic soil seems to be the choice... i live in a small town, where could I find a decent soil?

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #529350 - 02/21/11 01:26 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#529351 - 02/21/11 01:37 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Oh, i would definetly prefer to get a pre-mixed soil, but brands are so unreliable, what should I look for? organic soil seems to be the choice... i live in a small town, where could I find a decent soil?

"Roots Organic" is the brand I went with. Very good and cheap. I'm not sure where you could find it...no hydroponic stores? Do some searching, you might be surprised at what you find.

Magash has found a product he reviewed here (can't remember the name) available at Walmart and Lowes, although I didn't find it at either of my local stores.

I'm sure someone else will pop in with some advice.

--------------------

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
Re: few questions... maybe a growlog? [Re: RasJeph]
    #529511 - 02/22/11 12:13 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but every question you have asked has been answered many times before on this very site.  Do some reading, and you will find a lot of great answers from very trusted people. 
Also.  It might help to post more details of your grow. For example, what type of water your using, what type of soil are they in right now, and what type of liquid nutes do you currently have.

That being said, Good luck with the grow!

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: few questions... maybe a growlog? [Re: muse42]
    #530925 - 02/26/11 12:29 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

So it's been a few days and the seedlings have started to all look nice. three of them grew 4" the second day then stayed about an inch from the light.

but the real sad news, that second to last image, the top two of the left hand side were ruined by the cat right now while i was uploading those photo's. I put them in the sunlight to get some natural light, looked over after about a minute and the plant had uprooted and chewed one, and bit the top off the other. So now there is just a stem sticking out of the ground.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #530928 - 02/26/11 12:37 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

oh yea, when is a good time to transplant those?

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #532907 - 03/03/11 08:01 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

finally picked up three clones of three different strains from a friend, super lemon haze, jack herer, and some 'medical' strain. but he got them mixed up and cant remember which is which.  those 4 seedlings are still doing pretty good. I've added three 26w cpf 6500k, one per main plant.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order