Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Seed making questions
    #527019 - 02/13/11 04:30 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I'll be experimenting with some colloidal silver soon, and since I've never made seeds (femmed or otherwise) I have a few questions about the actual process of making them.

Q: From the time the "balls" appear on my plant, how long should it take for them to burst open and release their pollen?

Q: What is the best way to collect (and store) pollen that I am ready to harvest (after they "burst", right?)

Q: What is the best way to apply pollen to a female plant? Specifically, if I only want to pollinate a single branch or single branches?

Q: For best seed production, when should pollen be applied?

Q*: How long from pollination does it take the seed to be ready? How will I know? Will it simply drop off of the plant? Does it take the full maturation time of the bud in a sensi grow?

Q: When choosing seeds to save and germinate, what should you look for? (color, shape, etc)

Thanks so much for any and all help! I know a lot of people are looking into experimenting with CS, so this should be helpful to more than just me! Normally I want to keep the pollen out of my room at all costs, so I'm not quite sure how to deal with it now that I want it :lol:.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Seed making questions [Re: RasJeph]
    #527063 - 02/13/11 06:35 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Q: From the time the "balls" appear on my plant, how long should it take for them to burst open and release their pollen?

3 to 5 weeks after flowering has started.

Quote:

Q: What is the best way to collect (and store) pollen that I am ready to harvest (after they "burst", right?)

Myself I use the cs on one branch. When that branch has balls that are just getting ready to open I'll cut off that branch and put it in a glass of water. The top of the branch hangs over a mirror or some other piece of glass. Collect the pollen from the mirror and put in a airtight container and freeze. How long it will store I can't tell ya. Myself I use it when I collect it and am not to into storing pollen.

Quote:

What is the best way to apply pollen to a female plant? Specifically, if I only want to pollinate a single branch or single branches?

I use a water color brush and apply it to the flowers I want to pollinate. 

Quote:

For best seed production, when should pollen be applied?

I like to do it when the plants are 4 to 5 weeks into flowering.

Quote:

How long from pollination does it take the seed to be ready? How will I know? Will it simply drop off of the plant? Does it take the full maturation time of the bud in a sensi grow?

Takes about 3 weeks from the time pollen is applied. Some of the bracts will bust and you can actually see the seeds in some spots. Remember your making thousands of seeds (even when doing one branch) so just bust one out and check it.

Quote:

When choosing seeds to save and germinate, what should you look for? (color, shape, etc)

Believe me your gonna know good seeds when you see them. :wink:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Seed making questions [Re: Magash]
    #527067 - 02/13/11 07:03 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

magash, youre the fucking man dude! i wish we lived closer, i really feel like i owe you for all the help you give me man. someday, ill get ya high. promise :]

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Seed making questions [Re: RasJeph]
    #527082 - 02/13/11 07:46 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the comments. I'm no better then any other grower just been at it a long time is all. :thumbup:

I'll take ya up on the offer when your making some of your own strains for me to try. :wink::happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates