Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesk81681
Stranger
need help building an nft system
    #523203 - 02/04/11 07:24 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

So im doing my first hydroponic grow.  Ive done small closet grows in the past with success but finally have the means to go large and id like to do it the best way possible.  I feel like buying an overpriced system wouldnt be the best way to go because i believe in doing getting more for my money. i want to do a nft system using rails.  heres what im thinking. (excuse the pic, i threw it together in literally about a minute

so thats basically what im thinking.  it will be suspendended on regular 1" pvc.  I wanted some members with experience in this type of system to point me in the right direction as far as specs go and complications i may run into.  the reason i ask is this seems like its just a little too simple.  im sure im not taking somethings into account.  also,  ive seen others use square pvc posts.  is there a benefit to using round or squared?
Ill be using the entire line of advanced nutrient products with this if that matters.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTweexican
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: need help building an nft system [Re: sk81681]
    #523342 - 02/05/11 06:30 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

sk8,

google "stinkbud aeroponic system"

he has schematics to a GREAT aeroponic/nft system you're talking about. The pvc piping/fencing is a bit pricey, but a good investment.

--------------------

Offlinesk81681
Stranger
Re: need help building an nft system [Re: Tweexican]
    #523444 - 02/05/11 02:28 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

thats a good basic writeup.  went out to home depot this morning to get a better understanding of my options.  they dont carry 6" PVC but have 4".  that would be the cheaper option at $16 but concerns i have with it are: the net pots wouldnt sit flush which could possibly cause some kind of problem im sure.  i like the pvc idea though because with use of fitting, i can have a water tight system that would be easy to disassemble for cleaning.  the fence post im looking at is 5" at  $23 which would obviously have more room for root growth. i like the fact that the nets pots can fit snuggly in place and be flush.  with the the %" post id be able to use #" inch pots rather than 2" for added support of the plants.  the only downside i see other than costing alittle more is the assembly of the endcaps, having to use a sealant of some kind (silicone) and having to reglue anytime i want to take it apart.  The writeup didnt go into specifics with the post such as hole spacing and the reservoir.  if i did 6 8ft lengths of posts in a scrog setup how far should the holes be from one another.  what size pump should i use.  Should i aerate the water in the reservoir.  how nig of a reservoir would be needed.  i like the design of this setup because its one that i can eventually transform into a fogponic or fogoponic system.  also this might be a dumb question but im looking at the advanced nutrients nutrient calculator.  when reading this and it tells the amounts for each nutrient to add, should you add exactly what is says?  meaning, if you only use one nute your puttingsaid amount into the system.  but if you use all the nutes it would seem that the concentration would be 10 times stronger.  sorry, not sure how to explain that better.  how do i read this damn thing.

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: need help building an nft system [Re: sk81681]
    #523568 - 02/05/11 07:34 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Call some fence co's. You will find the 6x6 and caps.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies