Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
The Offficial NBA Thread
    #521640 - 01/31/11 03:45 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Now that we have a Sports forum, thanks to Geokills, it only seems fitting to start a new NBA thread

Who are your teams? Any predictions as we approach the February trade deadline. Will Melo be a Knick? maybe a Net?

I am a Cavaliers fan but after having LeBron screw us, this has been one of the worst seasons in a long time (well since LeBron arrived). At least on the positive we are going to have a lottery pick (likely a top 3 pick) and also have an extra 1st and 2nd round pick which was acquired in the "Sign and Trade," deal with Miami for James. So hopefully next season we see some young talent out on the floor. Dan Gilbert has some work to do if he wants to deliver on his promise to bring Cleveland a title before LeBron wins one.

As much as I hate to admit it, Miami has a pretty strong chance in any 7 game series and could very well win it all in their first year together.

The other 2 teams I root for are the Bulls and the Oklahoma City Thunder. The Thunder are just a fun team to watch and have all youngsters who if they stay together (and get a dominant Center) they could be a force to contend in the West.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: The Offficial NBA Thread [Re: Picklez]
    #521744 - 01/31/11 07:45 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Melo's not goin to the Nets, they already said that.  Maybe the Knicks, who knows?  Shit's been goin on  too long I know that.

You're right, Miami could win it their first year.  I don't think Lakers have the game they had a year ago.  Maybe cuz Phil Jackson is probably leaving or because Kobe's knee is fucked up.  Who knows?

Oklahoma City Thunder are a good young team and have a future if they can keep their core together.  Durant is gonna be a great player I think.  I think he has a good head on his shoulders too and won't do stupid shit.  Hope so anyway.

--------------------

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Offficial NBA Thread [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #521814 - 01/31/11 10:06 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I agree, Nets really makes no sense for Melo. They just have that new billionaire Russian owner who has been doing everything he can to make the Nets relevant again

Personally I want to see Melo, Stoudimire, and either Chris Paul or Derron Williams all team up to be a rival to the Heat. Boston is about done. This is really the last year I can see all of them still together with a chance to challenge for the East, they are just getting too damn old. Ray Ray must be in his 70's, I think he stays in a nursing home playing Bingo between games.

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#521845 - 02/01/11 01:13 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, that Russian billionaire dude said he just basically got tired of waiting for Carmelo to make a decision.  That's why he wasn't coming to New Jersey.

Boston is definitely getting old.  They're still a relevant team for sure though.  I think the finals will come down to some combination of LA, Boston, or Miami.  OK City will be there in the next few years though I think if they can just keep that group of youngins from fuckin up off the court and keep the core of team together.

--------------------

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #521943 - 02/01/11 10:38 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Actually, the Nets owner got sick of Melo for 2 reasons. 1) He wouldnt agree to sign a 3 year contract extension, meaning he'd only be responsible to play out the remainder of this season and then would become a free agent and 2) The Nugs' havent committed to trading him yet because they have their own playoff aspirations. That's why this deal will take until the trade deadline to see where he goes, if he gets traded at all.

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #524461 - 02/07/11 06:02 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I hope Charlotte pulls out this win against Boston. I used to hate Boston more than any other team in the NBA. Now that is the Heat, so I find myself rooting for the Celtics in that regard.

Knicks need to hurry up and close this Melo deal before they fall out of playoff contention.

Offlinejkell
Midnight toker

Loc: Don' worry bout it
    #524627 - 02/08/11 02:00 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I feel like NBA players are the most whiny(sp?) about trades etc. Its always some player who's not happy where he is and wants to be traded.

And on a related note who thinks artest is leaving the lakers?

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

Re: The Offficial NBA Thread [Re: jkell]
    #524629 - 02/08/11 02:04 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

me

--------------------

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #524637 - 02/08/11 06:24 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

jkell said:
I feel like NBA players are the most whiny(sp?) about trades etc. Its always some player who's not happy where he is and wants to be traded.

And on a related note who thinks artest is leaving the lakers?

Artest gone this year? Only if they use him to get Kirk Hinrich.

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#524690 - 02/08/11 11:40 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

ESPN said like 2 days he wanted to be traded.  Then I THINK he denied it, not sure though.  Who the fuck wants to be traded from the Lakers?  That's title town.:shrug:

--------------------

Offlinejkell
Midnight toker

#524814 - 02/08/11 04:35 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

yeah he did deny it then but I think that was only to save face, I mean whats the old saying about rumors usually theres truth in there?

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #524838 - 02/08/11 04:57 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Nah, Artest is still on the market and probably would have been moved to Charlotte but he wants to go play for another contender. Maybe they work a deal with the Suns or Magic :shrug:

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #525834 - 02/10/11 03:58 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Geez, I am just hoping my Cavs can break 10 wins this year. 26 game losing streak. LeBron is a piece of shit

At least we will get a lottery pick + Miami's 1st round + a top 5 2nd round pick + Miami's 2nd round pick. So hopefully we can load back up with some young talent

That JJ Hickson has turned out to be a stud. He's about the only bright spot for the Cavs right now

What an awful season :facepalm:

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#525848 - 02/10/11 04:44 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
Geez, I am just hoping my Cavs can break 10 wins this year. 26 game losing streak. LeBron is a piece of shit

At least we will get a lottery pick + Miami's 1st round + a top 5 2nd round pick + Miami's 2nd round pick. So hopefully we can load back up with some young talent

That JJ Hickson has turned out to be a stud. He's about the only bright spot for the Cavs right now

:rofl:

and all that shit Dan Gilbert was talking.

People hate on that dude so much for leaving the team.  :nonono:  They should focus on making their team better and winning championships on their own. :bigyesnod:

--------------------

Offlinejkell
Midnight toker

#525884 - 02/10/11 06:29 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:

Didn't peg you for a cavs fan, I thought you were sun's through and through? :confused:

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Offficial NBA Thread [Re: jkell] * 1
    #526045 - 02/11/11 03:35 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

guess you dont know me at all :shrug:

FBD- people give him shit because hes a piece of shit, drama queen. He waited to make his "decision," until the very end of free agency after all the other big players had signed, leaving the Cavaliers no options to replace him. That and LeBron didnt even have the respect to notify the front office of the Cavs of his decision before leaving. Least he could have done is prepp'd ownership for the change. LeBron is and always will be a piece of shit. I wish him nothing but the worse

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#526167 - 02/11/11 02:13 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, the whole tv thing and "I'm gonna take my talents to south beach"  thing was a little much, I agree with that.  He should've let the front office know though beforehand.

On the other hand, it's basketball.  Like seriously.

You hear about Jerry Sloan resigning?

--------------------

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #526173 - 02/11/11 02:27 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
Yeah, the whole tv thing and "I'm gonna take my talents to south beach"  thing was a little much, I agree with that.  He should've let the front office know though beforehand.

On the other hand, it's basketball.  Like seriously.

You hear about Jerry Sloan resigning?

What do you mean, on the other hand, it's basketball? It is also a business and he fucked not only his company (ownership), but he fucked his co-workers (teammates), and his clients (fans).. I guess if you have no vested interest in the Cavs then you probably dont care. But being from the area and being a Cavs fan, I can say I havent seen an athlete ever behave like this when it comes to leaving a team.

About Jerry Sloan- yeah, crazy that he did it mid-season but it had to happen sometime. And the Jazz arent getting any better, not since they let Boozer go.

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#526176 - 02/11/11 02:35 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

No, I don't really have a vested interest in the Cavs.  And no, athletes usually don't do that, I agree.  That shit got built up ridiculously.  And how Lebron did it was fucked up.  I agree with that too.  But get over it.  Shows how bad that team is without him.  They should be working on improving the team, I mean, he isn't coming back, move on. :shrug:

Yeah, the Sloan thing has been all over ESPN.  Apparently him and Deron Williams were having issues.  A few nights ago, Sloan told him to run one play and Williams went out and ran another.  Dude coached them for like 24 years.  The Jazz have always been a team that's pretty good and could get close to winning titles, but are just a little off.  I remember they weren't too bad when they had Karl Malone and were playing the Bulls back in the late 90s for the championship.  I think I've asked you before, but who do you have in the Finals this year?  It's going to be some combo of Miami, LA, and Boston I think.

--------------------

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #526183 - 02/11/11 02:46 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

It's hard to say move on when there is literally nothing we can do to make our team better right now. Maybe dump some salary before the trade deadline to get an extra pick or clear some salary room for a FA signing in the off-season.

Send someone like Jamison or Mo Williams to a contending team. I could seriously see Jamison moved.

As for NBA finals predictions- I really have to wait to the trade deadline in 2 weeks and see who makes what moves. I dont have the Lakers as my favorite in the West unless they make a move. In the East, I think it comes down to 3 teams; Heat, Bulls, and Celtics.

All depends on Melo and IF he goes somewhere and where he goes. Going to have a big affect on the league. Whether he stays in the West or goes East. I hope he goes to the Knicks. Badly. Id buy a jersey.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom