Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

PC, Box, + Hydro Tent
    #517936 - 01/24/11 01:17 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Hi everyone.  This is one of my first (if not, the first) post/s on the growery.  I have been an active member on the shroomery for a few years now and have have learned a lot from the wealth of information gathered there.

To start off my debut, I'm going to be journaling a PC, 2x2x4 box, and 3x3x5 hydro tent.  As of right now, I only have the PC and Grow Box working.  The PC case was started on December 28th and was put into flowering about 1 week ago.  I have yet to see any sex differentiation between the 3 or 4 plants I have in there, but they are all LST'd and have at least 4 nodes.  I had to trim all of their fan leaves tonight due to crowding and hope that they continue to thrive.  The case houses 2 17w amber CFLs and a PC exhaust fan.  It's currently on a 12/12 light schedule.

The grow box measures 2x2x4 and is laid on it's side, so I only have 2ft of grow space.  I had to position it sideways for space constraints.  It has 2 13w Red/Blue LED panels and 4 floro tubes.  I've got about 15 sprouts in the box; each being LST'd.  I also have some rockwool sprouts in there for my hydro tent that I should be getting in the mail any day now.  It will house a 125w CFL w/ reflector and a DWC setup.  I may use a top drip system, but have yet to decide as I am completely new to hydroponics and consider the DWC setup to be best for beginners from what I've researched.  If anyone's interested, I'll post some pictures of all the setups.

PS.  I have a very active trade record on the shroomery and have been told that I need 50 posts to gain accses to the growery's marketplace.  Let's keep this thread alive and get me to 50.  :thumbup:

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejkell
Midnight toker

Loc: Don' worry bout it
Re: PC, Box, + Hydro Tent [Re: alienscience]
    #517961 - 01/24/11 02:39 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Welcome to the growery! The grass is greener on this side :feelshighman:

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

Re: PC, Box, + Hydro Tent [Re: jkell]
    #518016 - 01/24/11 08:43 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

posting pics will help too...
:costanza:

--------------------

"You're cool, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out.."

Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

Re: PC, Box, + Hydro Tent [Re: Hendershot]
    #518052 - 01/24/11 12:05 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Seinfeld, nice. 

The pictures of my setup are in my Photo Gallery.  My box is in my closet and I decorated the walls with some cool drawings of Molecules. And I cut up all of my fan leaves to have a little preview smoke of what's too come.  I have yet to decide if I'm going to clone from my PC females or just start with fresh sprouts.  I've already got about 15 sprouts so I think I may just stick with them as I don't know if my PC grow will even make it or make enough clones for a 20 gallon DWC.  I'm also useing a botched batch of technaflora nutes.  It's missing a lot of nutrients but I have a new set coming in soon.  Also, I'm going to be doing a tomato tent grow with a seperate tent.  I'll be sure to post some pictures of that as well once I am done. 

Here is the tent I will be using (it measures 32x32x63)

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

#519811 - 01/27/11 04:03 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I decided to link the pictures in my gallery to this thread in order to help promote it's appeal.  Here they are:

This is my PC box

This is my larger box (outside view with lights on and off)

(lighting)

Plants in large box

These are the wall drawings I did to spice up the room

Here is the tent, ballast, and scrubber I will be using for my hydro grow

I'll be sure to post some pictures of the entire setup once I get it in the mail.  Right now, I'm only waiting on the tent and carbon filter.

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

OfflineCanaman
GreenThumb GreenHorn

Loc: N 5steps, S 5steps, Spin ...
    #519921 - 01/27/11 07:13 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

always thought them  pc grow are cool. def gonna follow here

--------------------

Canaman's Tutorials

ISO Green Oil
Gumby Hash

Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

Re: PC, Box, + Hydro Tent [Re: Canaman]
    #519933 - 01/27/11 07:27 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

The PC case has been on a 12/12 light schedule for about 2 weeks now but has not shown any gender indicators.  This is from a bagseed variety, so that might have something to do with it. 

The plants hadn't started alternating nodes either, but I wanted to initiate flowering before they got any bigger.  The picture above is after I trimmed about 7 fan leaves from the whole plot.  They were about 5" in diameter each.  Hopefully, the plant will be able to bounce back after losing so many light absorbing parts.  It's been about 3 days since the trimming, and it appears to be doing well.  It's on a half batch of techniflora flowring nutrients as well.

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

#520023 - 01/27/11 09:09 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quick QQ.  Will a 125w CFL and 2 75w T5s be enough to light 8 plants in a DWC?

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

#520312 - 01/28/11 03:29 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I just realized I'm going to have to stand the larger grow box up on it's side to make room for the tent.  This is going to require a lot of work as I have to rearange all of the internal lighting and make room for the vents.  It will be worth it in the end though.

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

#520655 - 01/29/11 02:54 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Good news everyone, my biggest plant just unveiled itself to be a female.  The other two are a lot less developed, but look to be males.  That's ok though as they are basically 1' stalks with one top cluster of leaves due to all of the trimming I did.  I figure I'll give them another day or so to show their true sex, and if they turn out to be male I'll cut them and make plenty of room for my female.  I might have to transplant her as well due to all of the other roots.  But, at the very least, it will help my bud production. 

I'm also wondering if I should put it back to 18/6 now that I've determined I have at least 1 female and take some clones of her for my hydro tent.  I don't know if she'll be big enough to take my projected amount of 4 clones though.  At the very least, I can use the sprouts I've got going now.  Either way, I'm really really excited about this little addition to my family. 

Lastly, I got my tent yesterday evening at about 9pm.  Two guys in a little fedex van drove up and dropped it off.  I was like..."wow, they sure are working late".  It was kind of cool to see this wholesale lot of boxes on my doorstep left by a couple of dudes in a little winnebago van thing.  I'm cleaning up the room that it will be in now, but first I need to do some rearranging to my grow box.  Wish me the best of luck guys.

PS.  This is also another cool tidbit, I'm getting a couple of dogs this weekend.  One is a 2 month old female doberman puppy and the other is a 5 month old German Shepard Dobberman male mix puppy.  I'll be sure to post some pix of everything once I've got it all done.

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

#521116 - 01/30/11 01:57 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I just got my 4x4x7 tent set up.  I'm going to be growing Tomotoes and rosemary in it for the first harvest and may switch it to my flowering room once I get a test run in.  It's huge, if anyone is looking to buy a large grow box and doesn't want to spend a lot of money, I suggest getting one of these.  They are mylar insulated and have port vents for ventilation.  It's so cool to see it set up.  I still have to wait on my air pump, hydroton, tomatoe sprouts to grow, and cut some holes my rubbermaid totes for the pots. 

I haven't started on my smaller tent yet, but it should only take me 30 minutes to set up.  I'm going to spend a lot of time reconstructing my wood box though as it needs to be turned upright and have it's lights moved around.

Heres a little side notes of questions I have and would like to have answered by anyone who knows their stuff:

1.  If I were to use my wood box to vegetate my plants to get some female clones, would it be ok if I were to transfer them to hydro from soil?  I think what I might do is wait until I get some females in my wood box, take some clones and then put them into my small tent and let them grow until I finish with my tomatoes.  Then, I will convert my small tent to my mother dome and use my wood box for clone growth.  Once the clones are big enough, I'll move them into the big tent to flower. 

So my projected end set up will be

-Small tent for mother plant
-Wood box for clones (I will convert it to a hydro set up)
-Large tent for flowering

Peace everyone, and thanks in advance for the tips.

EDIT: I've forgot to add the update on my PC grow.  The second largest plant turned out to be male, so I decided to remove it.  I also cut out the foot long stem with one top because I figured it wouldn't produce enough bud for the space it took up.  The female is doing well and shooting pistils everywhere.  The last plant has about 3 nodes on it and has yet to show sex.  Removing the other two plants gave me a lot more room to work with though and I added some LST points.  It should be ready to harvest in about a month.  Wish me luck.

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

Edited by alienscience (01/30/11 02:01 AM)

Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

#521599 - 01/31/11 12:28 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Just found out my 2nd smaller plant is a female as well.  So far so good, except that she only has a few nodes left due to all of the trimming.

EDIT: Got some pictures of the ladies looking sexier than ever =)

I'm going to start working on setting up my other tent today and should have everything done soon.  I'll post an update once I get it all complete.

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

Edited by alienscience (02/01/11 07:48 AM)

Offlinechowdan
Stranger
 User Gallery

#521916 - 02/01/11 09:01 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Looks like you are using led lighting? How do yo like them? I had a friend debatingabout building his own led lights but wasn't sure of the effectiveness?

Looks cool, I'm deff gunna follow!

--------------------
I am a legal patient in Washington. Everything i do and say on here is for personal gain.

- We live in a free country as long as you can follow the governments laws...-

Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

Re: PC, Box, + Hydro Tent [Re: chowdan]
    #521932 - 02/01/11 09:56 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

They're really good for spectrum influence, but I can't say they are all that great for lumen output.  If he does build a LED panel, I suggest using it only for spectrum control.  The nice panels cost over $100, but I got both of those for only $70 including shipping.  I'll have to wait and see how much they produce my plants.

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

#523782 - 02/06/11 08:02 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I set up both of my tents.  Unfortunately, one of the 125w CFLs is blown and I have to send it back.  In the meantime, I'm setting up my tomato DWC with the working bulb I have.  The PC girls are doing well as well as the babies in the box.  I'll post some pictures if people start subscribing or posting here =)

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

#525537 - 02/09/11 09:26 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Got a little update.  I got both of the tents set up, but am waiting on a replacment bulb for my smaller one as the original one was broken upon arrival.  I decided not to turn my box upright and was able to put the smaller tent next to the big one.  I've still got some work to do in order to get them ready for MJ growing, but it will all be done in time.  The large tent has some tommato sprouts and some rosemary in it at the time being.  If you look closely, you'll see some warping in the large blue tote.  I'm thinking about putting it inside of another tote of the same size to support it, does anyone think this will help?  I'm strapped for cash, so I can't go buy an already reinforced one.  I may duct tape the outer one to help hold it's shape as well.  Like wrap the outside with it and create supporting tension.

The PC grow is doing great, although the ladies recently suffered from a little dehydration.  It resulted in a little leaf burn, but hopefully it won't affect the buds.  The pictures show what I'm talking about.  They've stopped growing vertically and are bushing out very well.  I'm hoping to be ready to harvest them by the end of the month, but am unsure that will be enough time.  They went into flowering about 2 weeks ago.

I did some LST to the plants in the wooden box.  Each plant has about 4 nodes, I aslo fimmed a few of them.  I'm going to give them another week to veg and then put them into flowering as I only have two feet of vertical grow space. 

The oblong tote ontop of my wood box is my cloner.  It's only got tomatoe sprouts in it atm, but it worked fine.  Here are the the pictures:

PS.  The ones in the red lights are the wood box ones.

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

#528668 - 02/19/11 03:53 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

UPDATE: 

I put my wood box into 12/12 yesterday.  The plants are about a foot tall each and have 5 nodes and one LST point. 

The pc girls experienced some more light/nutrient burn.  They've been soaking up a lot more water since being switched into flowering.  They've also started some vertical growth.  They've passes the hemp scrog net I made.  Hopefully, I won't have to do in trimming.  What I may do is remove the soil tray and put it into my wood box to save room. 

I remodeled my large tent by removing the large tote and putting in three more buckets.  The temps are getting extremely high in there, even with a CFL light.  I've got one scrubber and inline fan that I was planning on putting in my small tent because of the MJ smell.  What I may end doing is buying a Y convertor an put a scrubber in each one of my tents for ventilation and temp control.

My attitude seeds came yesterday as well.  I got 5 LSD Femmed seeeds, 5 regular Mako Haze seeds,  and a few freebies.  I'm going to grow 4 of my LSD seeds in my smaller tent and my mako haze in a seperate environment.  Hopefully, I'll get at least one male from the mako haze seeds and then pollinate my LSD plants with it. 

I'll be sure to start a grow log on here once it's all germed and stuff.

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

#535455 - 03/10/11 09:46 AM (13 years, 21 days ago)

I moved my PC ladies to my wood box.  The plants that were already in there have all been sexed.  Out of about 15 plants, 10 of them were males.  I choppped them all and have 2 confirmed females.  They are each about 1'6" long.  There's one other plant about the same length, but has yet to show sex.  I think it's a female as it has the pear shaped preflowers, but I'm not sure.  All of the large plants are tied down very well, and theres couple 6" sprouts that are nowhere near sex development.  I may just cut them to save space.

The PC girls are doing very well and should be ready to harvest by 4/20.  Bud sites are popping up all over it and they have a lot more room to grow now that they are in more space, but had a little trobule adjusting to the light.  I like having them under a red/blue spectrum, I just hope they are being given enough lumens.  I have two panels in there equalling about 27 watts, and two T5 floros.

I made a light stand for my cloner and am thinking aobut using my two long tubes (pictured above) because they are grow lights specifically and leaving my smaller lights in the box to help balance the spectrum. 

I planted my mako haze seeds in my PC case, but only sprouted 4 as I dropped and lost one of them.  One of the sprouts wilted really badly too and may not make it, but it's showing new signs of growth.  Another one of the sprouts also showed some wear, but looks good overall.  I plan on getting a male from the bunch and using it to pollinate my femmenised LSD plants to result in a 'Final Fantasy' seed set. 

I have 3 living sprouts in my smaller tent and they are all feminised LSD plants.  One of them died very early, and the living ones are starting to show some yellow, but I think it's because the water level is too high in my DWC setup.  It might be a PH problem though.  I've still got one seed left over that I'll probably keep in my cloner until it can be moved into the tent with the other sprouts. 

What I'm really excited about are the freebie seeds I got.  I'm going to be growing some purple maroc and a northern light blue which is a northern light x blueberry cross.  Those are the two I'm most excited about, but I've also got an easy sativa, sugar black rose(w. widow x black damiana), fast nevilles (NH?xICE), and II diavolo(Critical x ruderalis).  I'm really happy to be working with White widow, ICE, blueberry, and purple power genetics.

I'll be posting pictures of everything as well as the link to my new journal sometime soon.  The tomatoes are doing great btw =) but need a resevoir change and some guide sticks.  Post your comments =)

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

#535500 - 03/10/11 12:22 PM (13 years, 21 days ago)

I will be following this. Just popped a purple maroc the other day; since then I've read 50/50 good/bad info on growing this strain indoors. It seems PM was specifically bred for outdoor colder climates. Too bad it didn't say that in the description at attitude.:crankey:

--------------------

"You're cool, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out.."

Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

Re: PC, Box, + Hydro Tent [Re: Hendershot]
    #535506 - 03/10/11 12:54 PM (13 years, 21 days ago)

I haven't seen many pictures of it's buds, and what I have seen they looked only slightly purple.  But I did see some completely purple power buds like the one below, which means it might be a good purple strain as it's a purple power x morrocan cross:

(purple power)

Thanks for looking out.

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

Edited by alienscience (03/10/11 12:56 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck