Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Willie Nelson Wants Marijuana Legalization "Teapot Party"
    #501588 - 11/29/10 07:24 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Willie Nelson Wants Marijuana Legalization "Teapot Party"
November 28, 2010 - Drug War Chronicle

After his third pot possession bust in five years, country music legend Willie Nelson has had enough. He told former High Times editor Steve Bloom's CelebStoner web site Sunday it is time for a new, pro-marijuana political party.

"There's the Tea Party. How about the Teapot Party? Our motto: We lean a little to the left," Nelson said. "Tax it, regulate it and legalize it, and stop the border wars over drugs. Why should the drug lords make all the money? Thousands of lives will be saved."

A Willie Nelson's Teapot Party Facebook page went online Sunday, as well.

Nelson was arrested Friday at a border checkpoint in Sierra Blanca, Texas, on Friday after officials smelled marijuana. They searched the vehicle with drug-sniffing dogs and found six ounces of pot. Nelson was arrested and jailed until he posted a $2,500 bond later that afternoon.

Nelson's arrest was just one of what are likely to be around 900,000 pot busts this year, the vast majority for simple possession. Last year, more than 850,000 people were arrested for marijuana offenses.

Despite a raft of recent polls showing increasing support for marijuana legalization nationwide and majority support on the West Coast, the number of members of Congress showing any interest in moving toward marijuana legalization remains in the one-figures. However, there have been rumors of support in some influential Democratic circles for marijuana legalization as a get-out-the-vote strategy. Dozens of Democratic organizations in California lent their endorsement to this year's Prop 19 ballot initiative, as did the Republican Liberty Caucus.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/13553564#13553564

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineauronlives69
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Willie Nelson Wants Marijuana Legalization "Teapot Party" [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #501598 - 11/29/10 08:11 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

i think its about time to legalize everything again, who are the feds kidding this cat and mouse game has been going on for too dam long

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: Willie Nelson Wants Marijuana Legalization "Teapot Party" [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #501659 - 11/29/10 12:59 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I bet he does want to legalize it, he's tired of getting busted :rofl:

Nah, but seriously, he's a smart man.  And Willie would get a lot of support if he were to lead something like that.  He's been a supporter for a long time.  I'd like to see him run for president myself, I wouldn't be surprised if he got it either.  I'd trust someone like him in office more than I would some random politician.  This whole war we've had going on for however long is ridiculous.  People are dying over this shit in Mexico and the United States and other countries too.  All it does it make a lot worse people than most of the smokers themselves very, very rich and powerful.  I personally think it should just be legalized, fuckin grow it where you want, don't give a fuck.  I bet in the long run, there would be a lot less problems.  I think there probably should be like an age limit, as with alcohol, but other than that, fuck it, do what you want.  Anyone who thinks we live in a free country is dumb as shit.  We do have more freedoms than other places, but the government is tightening down on shit.  There was a line in the movie Crimson Tide that was said by Gene Hackman.  It says:  "We're here to preserve democracy, not to practice it."  That shit is true I think for our gov.  Those fuckers are nuts man.  I wanna go live up in the mountains and just be like fuck em.  I'm high, that's why I typed so much, but I'm usually high when I'm on this site.  Ah well, I have spoken :awebig:

--------------------

Offlinewholesheet
Stranger
Re: Willie Nelson Wants Marijuana Legalization "Teapot Party" [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #501681 - 11/29/10 03:42 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

i told someone last night  wille should runn for president
.. don't know if he would get majority vote. he would get mine though..

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: Willie Nelson Wants Marijuana Legalization "Teapot Party" [Re: wholesheet]
    #501738 - 11/29/10 08:18 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

i'd vote for him too

--------------------

Offlinemikehauncho
Stranger
Re: Willie Nelson Wants Marijuana Legalization "Teapot Party" [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #502234 - 12/01/10 06:46 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
I bet he does want to legalize it, he's tired of getting busted :rofl:

Nah, but seriously, he's a smart man.  And Willie would get a lot of support if he were to lead something like that.  He's been a supporter for a long time.  I'd like to see him run for president myself, I wouldn't be surprised if he got it either.  I'd trust someone like him in office more than I would some random politician.  This whole war we've had going on for however long is ridiculous.  People are dying over this shit in Mexico and the United States and other countries too.  All it does it make a lot worse people than most of the smokers themselves very, very rich and powerful.  I personally think it should just be legalized, fuckin grow it where you want, don't give a fuck.  I bet in the long run, there would be a lot less problems.  I think there probably should be like an age limit, as with alcohol, but other than that, fuck it, do what you want.  Anyone who thinks we live in a free country is dumb as shit.  We do have more freedoms than other places, but the government is tightening down on shit.  There was a line in the movie Crimson Tide that was said by Gene Hackman.  It says:  "We're here to preserve democracy, not to practice it."  That shit is true I think for our gov.  Those fuckers are nuts man.  I wanna go live up in the mountains and just be like fuck em.  I'm high, that's why I typed so much, but I'm usually high when I'm on this site.  Ah well, I have spoken :awebig:

Sadly the people best fit to lead also have the humility to not.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: Willie Nelson Wants Marijuana Legalization "Teapot Party" [Re: mikehauncho] * 1
    #502245 - 12/01/10 09:04 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Willie Nelson 2012!

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder