Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineShaggy420
Male

Marijuana: Miracle Painkiller Better Than Almost All Opiates
    #499393 - 11/19/10 10:38 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Dr. Phil Leveque

Salem-News

Friday 19 Nov 2010
This natural remedy has been used with success through the ages.

(MOLALLA, Ore.) - First of all, primum non nocere. In other words, from the Latin, primarily do no harm.

I use the term "marijuana" preferentially because almost everyone over 12 knows what I am talking about. Cannabis. Why it is referred to as marijuana in the United States is another story. Getting to the subject at hand, whether opium came first or cannabis/marijuana (C/MJ) I'm not sure. Some references say opium seeds from the white poppy plant were used as food in Neolithic times which seems to put them in use maybe 5,000 years before C/MJ, about 3000 BC in China. It makes little difference to what I am writing about.

The opiates, that is, from opium, are Heroin (diacetyl morphine), very highly soluble, quick acting and very addicting. Dilaudid (Hydromorphone) is very potent and very much like Heroin.

Oxycodone is notorious for Oxycontin, which is a semi-synthetic opioid, infamous for its long-acting form which is ground up so a patient gets an immediate, massive, lethal dose. It is one of the most dangerous and lethal drugs on the market.

Fully synthetic opioids such as Fentanyl and Methadone, hardly fit in this class. Only two species of poppy out of 120 produce morphine, etc.

All of the above classes are highly addictive and frequently lethal by accidental or purposeful overdose, which often cause death. Even the lower potency opiates such as Codeine can cause death.

These are a mean bunch of drugs.

While all this was going on, marijuana might have been accidentally found to be a great pain killer. Most of the aficionados discovered the euphoria or exalted good feeling and equated that with analgesia.

Euphoria is also produced by strong opiates. Queen Victoria used C/MJ rather than morphine for obstetrical analgesia. She had 11 children so she became the first westerner practical pharmacologist (read article from Oct-16-2009).

It is probable that our Vietnam veterans were among the first to bring marijuana "out of the closet" as an effective medicine for pain, battle exhaustion, battle terrors and PTSD.

Almost nobody would believe them when they came home with this information! In 1968, John Steinbeck IV shocked America with an article he wrote for the Washingtonian magazine entitled, "The Importance of Being Stoned in Vietnam".

After two million Vietnam veterans came home and continued to spread the word, the use of marijuana for a whole variety of ills literally exploded. The latest estimate by the US government is that maybe as much as 77,000,000 have used marijuana and maybe 10,000,000 use it daily.

Jack Dalton, a Marine captain helicopter pilot was shot down 7 times in Vietnam. The last time he was in the hospital 31 months getting put together. He developed tolerance to morphine and was up to 460 mgs per day which is enough to stop an elephant (the usual dose is no more than 10 mg every six hours).

He wanted to use Marijuana because of the horrible adverse side effects of morphine. The VA doctors refused to allow it, and were going to deny him further care if he used it. He demanded that he use it. He found me and by using marijuana was able to drop his morphine use from 460 mgs to 60 mg per day.

I have heard similar stories by about 70% of my 5,000+ patients.

It is most likely that marijuana, not Marinol, will supplant all but the most powerful opiates such as Heroin, Dilaudid, lethal Oxycontin and possibly Morphine.

All of those in the above sentence cause severe addiction, and the adverse side effects are almost worse than their disease processes.

MARIJUANA IS THE BEST, SAFEST PAIN KILLER.

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/november182010/miracle-marijuana_pl.php

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

Loc: Flag
Re: Marijuana: Miracle Painkiller Better Than Almost All Opiates [Re: Shaggy420]
    #499397 - 11/19/10 10:51 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup: I got something to read now.

--------------------
[quote]
“You see this glass bong?” asks Achaan Chaa, the Thai meditation master. “For me this glass is already broken. I enjoy it; I smoke out of it. It holds my water admirably, sometimes even reflecting the sun in beautiful patterns. If I should tap it, it has a lovely ring to it. But when I put this glass bong on the shelf and the wind knocks it over or my elbow brushes it off the table and it falls to the ground and shatters, I say, ‘Of course.’ When I understand that the glass is already broken, every moment with it is precious.”[/quote]

Offlineauronlives69
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Marijuana: Miracle Painkiller Better Than Almost All Opiates [Re: Shaggy420]
    #500032 - 11/22/10 01:57 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

theres no better treatment during a hangover  :awebigvaped:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder