Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLSD
Stranger
 User Gallery

yellow dots on fan leaves
    #498990 - 11/18/10 01:59 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

on some fan leaves of one or two of my plants, I have yellow/golden dots:

however it's overal look seems okay to me

but as it's my first grow I don't know why is it and what to do
anyone can help?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really

Re: yellow dots on fan leaves [Re: LSD]
    #499017 - 11/18/10 07:17 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

What is your PH level? Im guessing it's too high. What's the medium? What nutes are you using if any, what type of soil if you are using soil? Can you get a shot underneath one of the affected leaves?

InvisibleLSD
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: yellow dots on fan leaves [Re: brifunforme]
    #499081 - 11/18/10 10:51 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I'm using:
  • "Universal Pflanzerde" (dutch torf) with 20% perlite
  • "Advance Nutrients" (3xGrow, 2xMicro & 1xBloom)
  • 400watt metal halide light 20 inch above & 24hours
  • between 50-70 Moist level
  • between 65-80 F temperature
I'm not 100% sure about the PH level as my ph meter sucks. but I always get result of between 6 to 7
I buy 19 Liter water from local distributer every week (they say it's so alkiline but wasn't think so) and add nutrients to it. sometimes mix it with tap water; as one time checked it's ph is between 3-4,  so I used less often (more for transplanting and flushing)
I used also this cheap paper ph test and it was also between 6 to 7

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really

#499082 - 11/18/10 11:00 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Well 3-4 for a ph is WAY too low and between 6-7 isn't really ideal for soil. Ideally it should be 6.3-6.8 for soil according to Magash's little chart I seen somewhere. I would venture to say that magnesium is not getting to the plants that well. You need to lower the ph a bit and also test the run off of your soil.

If you have had ph of 3-4 and watered the soil with it and also watered with 6-7 and are using a paper test strip I would guess that the 6-7 you are getting a reading of is probably a little higher then that.
Also looks like a bit of potassium lock out too. The problem doesn't look that bad right now, but if it is due to high ph then you will really notice it in about 2 weeks if nothing changes.

I should mention, the reason I say "6-7 is not ideal for soil" is because if you a using a cheap meter then it could be below 6 or it could be above 7 and 7 is just too high. The best way to tell for sure is to test your run off and I am willing to bet it is pretty high.

You should test the runoff and then flush with plain ph adjusted water for a couple times until you get the runoff in the right range.

InvisibleLSD
Stranger
 User Gallery

#499106 - 11/18/10 12:01 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I see, thank you
I should buy good ph meter at the first time, is this hanna brand good? in my country they are more than 150$ so I should buy from ebay
btw for potassium problem should I increase the bloom nutrient or do something else?

Edited by LSD (11/18/10 12:03 PM)

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really

#499111 - 11/18/10 12:23 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I have a hannah and I haven't had any problems with it. As for the potassium and magnesium, I would say that lowering your ph will fix both problems. Just use the nutes like the directions say or a little less then they say and get that ph in check.

Your plants look really good but if your soils ph continues to rise they won't look good for long. As of right now I am just guessing what your problem is, to confirm it you really need to get a digital ph meter or at least a ph tester that tests soil.

InvisibleLSD
Stranger
 User Gallery

#499188 - 11/18/10 03:50 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

thank you very much for all the info
I want to mention the thing which is in my mind for a long time
now I checked again, I have these dots only on 2 plants and the same strain (which I only have 2 from this strain)
the strain was from the strongest weed I ever smoked,
my friends told me the dealer I bought the weed from is using thc spray to make it more powerful because with the smallest amount we smoke we will be torn for long time but as I don't know that spray, I didn't believe them
but if the dealer used that spray is it possible their seeds became infected and this dots is because of that?
I know it may sound stupid but I'm just wondering :tongue:

Offlinejkell
Midnight toker

Loc: Don' worry bout it
    #499205 - 11/18/10 04:23 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Dude theres no such thing as THC spray if this guy was putting stuff on the outside of the bud you were smoking and it was fucking you up a lot harder than any bud you've ever smoked there is a very high possibility that it was laced, in which case I would steer clear of it. but to answer your question no the spray probably didn't affect the seed just adjust your ph and keep an eye on those nutes, peace

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really

#499207 - 11/18/10 04:25 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

No the dots aren't from anything that anyone sprayed on the bud you got the seeds from. And I really doubt that anyone that has really good weed is going to adulter it by spraying it with something. Especially a dealer, I mean think about it logically.

If you were a dealer and you had some really funky buds that you could make good money from AND you had some type of thc spray or honey oil, etc etc.... Would you want to add the spray to the already funky buds and sell it at the same price or would you sell them SEPARATELY and make more money?

To me it just doesn't make any logical sense for a dealer to lace good weed with anything at all. There are people that say they "do this or that" to the weed but more then likely it's a marketing ploy to fool people into paying more then what they normally would.

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really

Re: yellow dots on fan leaves [Re: jkell]
    #499212 - 11/18/10 04:28 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

jkell said:
Dude theres no such thing as THC spray if this guy was putting stuff on the outside of the bud you were smoking and it was fucking you up a lot harder than any bud you've ever smoked there is a very high possibility that it was laced, in which case I would steer clear of it. but to answer your question no the spray probably didn't affect the seed just adjust your ph and keep an eye on those nutes, peace

There is very much a such thing as thc spray. But the odds of someone spraying it on already good weed that they are selling is very nill.

InvisibleLSD
Stranger
 User Gallery

#499227 - 11/18/10 04:58 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

maybe it was not very good weed before he did something on it
he is the most famous dealer here and all his stuff is expensive (bought 10 gram of this strain for 250$)
but the reason I was asking that is:
-the weed had mostly leafs than flower but still most powerful
-it had many seeds but only few germinated
-heard from many people he use spray
-and dots was only on this strain
anyway I wanted to ask as the tread is open
btw I started to do your advices, using lower ph and ordered the hanna ph meter
thanks

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really

#499238 - 11/18/10 05:33 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

As soon as the ph meter arrives water your plants and collect the run off and test that and see what it is. Hopefully since you lowered your waters ph it will be corrected when the meter arrives. In that case keep everything how you are now.

25 dollars a GRAM?!? You need to stay away from that guy for sure. And if it was mostly leaf but really potent that is really strange. Maybe he is putting that jwh-018 shit on it :shrug: Either way, at those prices I would tell him to kiss your ass.

If it was shit weed to begin with then there is a good chance it's what they call "wet" It's when people soak the buds in embalming fluid. It's very VERY dangerous and fucks your brain and gastrointestinal up.

InvisibleLSD
Stranger
 User Gallery

#499278 - 11/18/10 08:00 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

:smile: yes I hope I won't buy again from any dealers here it's rip off
I mixed tap water with high ph water I bought until the meter comes at least becomes so lower
with water ph meter can I know the ph of soil too? I searched over ebay but saw all the digital soil meters are ranged 0.5 by 0.5 so don't think that would be helpful
I have analog version of it but seems not working correctly

Edited by LSD (11/18/10 08:03 PM)

Offlinejkell
Midnight toker

#499338 - 11/19/10 04:20 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

brifunforme said:
There is very much a such thing as thc spray. But the odds of someone spraying it on already good weed that they are selling is very nill.

Please link me to said spray. And I'm not talking the chemicals they put on K2 or spice or whatever you call it where ever you're from.

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really

#499348 - 11/19/10 05:43 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

http://thegreencross.org/v4/2010/01/thc-mint-tincture-spray/

Thc spray is everywhere jkell! :laugh: That is just one example. There's also rubs,lotions,oils,pop,candy bars, etc etc.. But there is one example of a thc spray.

LSD: The meter you ordered will not test soil ph directly, thats why you test the runoff of water after you water your plants. :smile: You can also order soil ph testers but if you have a digital ph meter thats all you will need. :smile:

Offlinejkell
Midnight toker

#499350 - 11/19/10 06:12 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Is it synthetic or extracted usually?

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really

#499423 - 11/19/10 01:02 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

The one I linked to is a tincture so I would imagine it is extracted. :wink:

InvisibleLSD
Stranger
 User Gallery

#499429 - 11/19/10 01:24 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

wow is that legal? it's for spraying the buds?

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really

#499463 - 11/19/10 03:25 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

It's legally medicinally in med states. Its not for spraying the buds its for spraying in your mouth I believe for like being on the go and still being able to get your meds without smoking. I've never personally had it but THC spray does indeed exist along with numerous other things containing thc.

OfflinekeepITLegalFellas
airo trials
 User Gallery

#501119 - 11/27/10 07:30 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I have a plant with the yellow dots as well.  I was told it was directly related to Mg and Mn.  I treated with clearex and did no feeding for 3 or 4 days, just ph-correct water.  Problem stopped spreading on the plant and is only visible on fan leaves.

--------------------
I do not condone or condemn.  This is my disclaimer, as all my post are complete fiction.  Furthurmore any reason for lurking here is swim's and does not concern me.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder