Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineShaggy420
Male

Alzheimer's: Marijuana as Effective Medicine
    #491742 - 10/26/10 08:48 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Dr. Phil Leveque

Salem-News

Monday 25 Oct 2010

Cannabis is getting much positive publicity and seems to be regaining its popularity of one hundred years ago when it was the most widely used drug for about 100 different diseases.
Woman with Alzheimer's
Source: thefreshscent.com

(MOLALLA, Ore.) - There is a big toodoo nowadays about Alzheimers which has turned into almost an epidemic for old folks with some even in their 50's. So far nobody seems to have put a handle on it and I won't either.

The latest information seems to be that there are senile plaques in the cerebral cortex and subcortical grey matter but whether these plaques are a cause or effect seems to be up for grabs.

I don't know either. My Merck manual says that four million Americans have it, mostly those over 60 years old. It is a very expensive disease for nursing homes and nursing care probably at least 100 billion dollars per year.

As a Medical Marijuana doctor, I jumped into this fracas when I heard that a lady spouse of an Alzheimers patient went to a Medical Marijuana Advisory Committee meeting of The Oregon Medical Marijuana Program (OMMP) and demanded that her husband be given a permit. She was successful and the medical statistics from OMMP indicate that somewhat less than 50 people have Marijuana permits for this disease. It is called Alzheimers Rage.

The above really didn't surprise me because there are several Central Nervous System (CNS) diseases for which Cannabis/Marijuana (C/MJ) works very well. These include ALS, Epilepsy, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinsonism, PTSD and Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs). I don't know if anyone has figured out why C/MJ works for these conditions but why ask if those suffering say that C/MJ works.

Tod Mikiyuria, the foremost scholar in this area, says that C/MJ works as a modulator which is a term of general meaning which possibly just means that it works.

The standard drugs are almost worthless, many seem to be Cholinergics related to Acetyl Choline, the standard Neuro transmitter nerve cell to cell and nerve cell to muscle. At any rate C/MJ seems to work better than any of the heavily advertised drugs.

Cannabis/Marijuana is simultaneously getting much positive publicity and seems to be regaining its popularity of one hundred years ago when it was the most widely used drug for about 100 different diseases.

Those of us advocates for Medical Marijuana who have suffered scorn and derision for DEVIL WEED causing REEFER MADNESS can finally say

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/october252010/alzheimers-marijuana-pl.php

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineadamantasaurus
Stranger
Re: Alzheimer's: Marijuana as Effective Medicine [Re: Shaggy420]
    #491802 - 10/26/10 01:38 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

My gf biology teacher was talking about how he has seen the proof that marijuana helps alzheimers

--------------------
Come to oursacredgarden.com for a whole selection of spores, salvia plants, seeds, and more...

Salvia cuttings for only 5.00!!! and rooted plants for only 10.00!!! Order NOW while supplies last SPORES SUCH AS B+ Cambodian Amazon Golden Teacher  Golden Mammoth Z Strain Brazilian Strain Ban Hua Thanon

You can contact us live on facebook our username is Oursacredgarden(first name) Divinorum (last name)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds