Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleJake
Activist/Student

Please call voters! From ANY STATE!
    #491155 - 10/24/10 05:54 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Allow me to be straight up guys. I live outside of Los Angeles, CA. On Friday, I took the opportunity to jump on the Amtrak down to San Diego to help out with Yes On 19 San Diego. $15 bucks in pocket, no place to stay, with the simple, yet powerful, drive to simply do my part. I've been working with Canvass for a Cause and canvassing is very difficult. I only made $38 today while canvassing at the Chargers v. Patriots game today, and that was in about two hours. I get half of the money I raise, but I am choosing to donate that right back into the campaign.
Here's the deal, everybody. I had no idea how many people have been uninformed on Prop 19. I, alone, have changed so many people's mind on this initiative, that I don't think words can correctly convey what a big change I have made as a single person. I've convinced people that were totally against it. I've convinced people who had no idea what it was. As far as I've been told, I've done nothing to switch people's minds against it, but have only made people feel more comfortable in conversing with others about it- that I've been teaching instead of preaching.
The problem is this- hardly anyone is helping! I, just on my own, have taught growers what the bill is all about and have seen them go from uninformed and against, to proud to know and for. Elderly folks from out of town have stopped while they were walking down the street, shopping, to hear my spiel about what Prop 19 means to everyday citizens.

WE NEED HELP! WE NEED YOUR HELP!

The Yes On 19 campaign has setup up an automatic phone bank and the Just Say Now project has a phone bank for all four states with marijuana initiatives being on the ballot on Tuesday, November 2nd.
i.e. California, South Dakota, Arizona, and Oregon.

These phone banks are being utilized for the very purpose of calling voters in these states and informing them about the initiatives that they need to consider. You would be amazed how many people have decided they will be voting, even ones who had, at first, been against the measure all the way!!! Man don't even know what it is, or what it will do- they are only aware that it has to do about marijuana. They also have a decent script and educate on how to leave a proper message on voice mail and answering machines. This is truly the most powerful tool we have. The Yes On 19 SD even uses the YesOn19 web-site's phone bank to call voters, especially that they can choose specifically which city they want to make calls to- of course, here, San Diego's phone bank.

As cannabis enthusiasts, we desperately need you're help in informing people about this laws that could so easily be voted into law. Please help us win the battle to educate! Imagine if one-quarter of the users on this site made 25 calls?!

I urge everyone to do everything they can to help- by giving just more than 10 minutes, of your time, you can be a part of this now. You can say you lended your time to the cause.

Visit JustSayNow.com to view all states. (Even a special "Women for Prop 19" phonebank!)

Visit YesOn19.com for the specialized and nearly-automated California phonebank.

Both Arizona and South Dakota are voting to legalize medical marijuana.

Oregon will be voting to regulate marijuana for patients.

And of course, California will vote to control and tax marijuana, while legalizing possession, allowing up to an ounce for adults over 21.

Your time is valuable and you can make a difference, I would not post this if I didn't believe it myself.

Thankyou for your time. Peace

--------------------
Straight up- I need your help calling voters.

JustSayNow and YesOn19 have phone banks so we can all help out. You'll be surprised how quickly someone's opinion changes. Even more surprised how frequently you can change it.

Please help- this means the world, come election day!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules