Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSickly
Very Sick
Doctors, Patients, Please Help Diagnose My Medical Conditions. *DELETED*
    #482414 - 09/26/10 01:45 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by Sickly

Reason for deletion: just bc

Edited by Sickly (09/26/10 10:44 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Doctor, help. (moved) [Re: Sickly]
    #482440 - 09/26/10 08:35 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

This thread was moved from Doctor's Diagnosis.

Reason:
I'm going to move this to marijuana cult as it seems better suited for this question.  You will also get more views and replies there.

The Dr's Diagnosis forum is really intended for sick plants and how to help them.

OfflineSickly
Very Sick
Re: Doctor, help. (moved) [Re: coda]
    #482446 - 09/26/10 10:10 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Okay thank you. Does anyone have any idea which strains may help me?

Edited by Sickly (09/26/10 10:43 AM)

OfflineNizzyJones
Fight Evil with Funk
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhat North of Normal
Re: Doctor, help. (moved) [Re: Sickly]
    #482456 - 09/26/10 10:57 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

What exactly do you mean by 'too sick to eat'? Do you have any other gastrointestinal symptoms aside from lack of appetite? Cramping, bloating, nausea, diarrhea? Does eating sometimes make you feel more tired than you were before? Do you seem to get mouth ulcers (canker sores) frequently? Do bruise easily or experience unexplained joint or muscle pain?

I ask all this because what you describe sounds like it could be related to an extremely hard to diagnose auto-immune disorder called Celiac Disease which is caused triggered by ingesting a protein called gluten which is found in wheat, rye and barley (also occasionally in oats). You'd be surprised how many foods have at least trace amounts of these ingredients. I was lucky enough to figure out fairly early in life that I inherited it from my mother, she wasn't diagnosed until she was in her fifties but severity from person to person can vary widely. I've read of young children becoming severely malnourished because of Celiac by age four or five but it took several months of an extremely gluten-heavy diet around age 20 before I was able to notice significant symptoms because I'd grown used to just feeling generally crumby all the time and begun self-medicating with weed. Since I cut gluten out of my diet entirely I've become much more sensitive to small amounts and have to switch to distilled alcohol after one or two beers or I'll be hurting in the morning.

tl;dr version: try cutting wheat, rye and barley out of your diet for four or five days to see if it helps.

Edit: As to what I would recommend for strains, I honestly don't think it makes a whole lot of difference but indica-dominant genetics will probably be what you'd want for the insomnia. :thumbup: I'm fond of sativas myself so I'll leave it to someone else to get more specific than that but if you look at any seed bank they'll usually have a description of what kind of high the strain characteristically gives - you're looking for "stoned" or "stoney" highs.

Edited by NizzyJones (09/26/10 11:16 AM)

OfflineSickly
Very Sick
Re: Doctor, help. (moved) [Re: NizzyJones]
    #482502 - 09/26/10 12:58 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

By too sick to eat I mean just thinking about food makes me feel sick, but i know i need it but it makes me nausious & want to puke, sometimes i force it but hardly ever. &Thanks for the rye wheat and barley info, I do love all of those, Im going to not eat that for awhile see how it helps. I do try eating healthy things more than fastfood or other crap, but i cannot ever eat very much when i finally feel able to eat, i lose weight alot, within a year ive lost 40-45 pounds and cant understand whats wrong with me. The urge to eat comes and goes almost instantly, sometimes ill be hungry, make something and feel like if i eat ill get sick and wont eat.

Hopefully somewhere in ^there^ something can be figured out

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder