Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineplambe
Stranger
 User Gallery
Too much heat/light?
    #479869 - 09/20/10 04:41 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? clones
2. How old are your plants? less than 10 days
3. How tall are your plants? around 15 cm
4. What size containers are they planted in? 20cm x 20cm x 20cm
5. What is your soil mix? low quality store bought, but at the time I had no other choice.
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? tap water, I water only when the soil is dry. This plant I watered two times - when it still had no roots and around 4-5 days ago - it's almost time to water it again.
7. What is the pH of your water? I don't know...
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? Non-organic, 9 3 3.
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? No
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") 250W hps
11. How close are your lights to the plants? At the time the problem appeared - around 15-20 cm above the plant. Since then I moved it to about 40 cm above the plant.
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? Around 22-23.
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? At the time the problem appeared the temperature was at an all time high - 35 degrees celsius. Now it's around 31-32 and after I do some upgrades it should drop to less than 30 hopefully. The humidity is between 40 and 50 % when I've just watered and around 20-30 when they are ready to be watered again.
14. What is the pH of the soil? Don't know that either.
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? Yes, but I think I didn't see any harmful insects like spider mites. Anyway the last 5 days I've seen no insects in my grow box.
16. How much experience do you have growing? This is my first personal grow. I've helped other indoor growers that for some reason are not willing to read info on the net by themselves.

I think my problem was caused by too much heat or light. I wanted to show you pictures to tell me if I'm right.

After moving the light further above my plant it seems to be feeling well now.

Here's the pics:

One more thing - this plant is from this grow.

--------------------
:wayshegoes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Too much heat/light? [Re: plambe]
    #479933 - 09/20/10 02:35 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Just continue to monitor your plant closely... it seems likely the burns on your leaves were caused by heat and/or related reflective hot-spots from your HPS.

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Too much heat/light? [Re: geokills]
    #480142 - 09/20/10 09:31 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

you splash any water on your plant when you watered it last?

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlineplambe
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Too much heat/light? [Re: coda]
    #480266 - 09/21/10 08:41 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I did not splash any water on the plant when that problem arouse.

Yesterday and today I did get a few drops on the leafs. It doesn't seem to affect them probably because the light is higher than when my problem appeared. I just wanted to be sure that those scars look like light/heat burns and not something else.

--------------------
:wayshegoes:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates