Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinenicechrisman
Head
 User Gallery

THC milk with leaf instead of bud? Now with recipe!
    #478589 - 09/17/10 09:59 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Hi growery! Haven't been here in quite a while. I recently acquired a big bag of high quality leaf. I wanna make a delicious chocolate milk with it. All the recipes I've been able to find call for bud rather than leaf (except for one that was pretty unspecific about how much to use). My question is-does anyone have a good recipe for making thc milk with leaf instead of bud? Or can anyone tell me an average conversion between leaf and but for culinary purposes? I'm sure this has probably been asked and answered before, but I tried some searching and couldn't find a satisfactory answer.

Edited by nicechrisman (10/25/10 12:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Re: THC milk with leaf instead of bud? [Re: nicechrisman]
    #478592 - 09/17/10 10:12 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

The reason you can't find a good conversion is b/c it really doesn't exist.  Leaf material can be very frosty and laden with trichomes and THC goodness, or it can be pretty naked. 
Search for recipes using "trim" rather than searching "leaf material" and you might have better luck.
Otherwise you'll just have to make a guesstimate about how much leaf to use in place of the bud (probably at least double).

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineCannasaurus
Pollen Chucker

Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: THC milk with leaf instead of bud? [Re: 81renaissance]
    #481397 - 09/23/10 06:50 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

You can usually use whatever trim level is calls for. You might have to experiment and see.

--------------------
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
-Albert Einstein

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#485404 - 10/05/10 09:51 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

nicechrisman said:
Hi growery! Haven't been here in quite a while. I recently acquired a big bag of high quality leaf. I wanna make a delicious chocolate milk with it. All the recipes I've been able to find call for bud rather than leaf (except for one that was pretty unspecific about how much to use). My question is-does anyone have a good recipe for making thc milk with leaf instead of bud? Or can anyone tell me an average conversion between leaf and but for culinary purposes? I'm sure this has probably been asked and answered before, but I tried some searching and couldn't find a satisfactory answer.

Lots of people put butter in their hot coco.  Normally its about a tablespoon to a 12oz glass.  I am sure this would work with cannabutter too.  Plus you don't have to worry about scorching your milk.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

Offlinenicechrisman
Head
 User Gallery

Re: THC milk with leaf instead of bud? [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #491445 - 10/25/10 12:01 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the feedback yall. So now I've done this a couple times. One of the easiest ways to consume culinary cannabis and very effective.

Take one gallon of whole milk(high fat content) bring to a simmer

add 40 g good leaf trimmings(vary based on potency/desired strength.)

simmer for about one hour

strain

add chocolate.

I did this last night and about an 8-10 oz mug had me not able to conversate and nodding off at a pumpkin carving party last night.

Invisibledoublehelix
Bodhisativa

#497711 - 11/13/10 11:03 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

:stirthepot:  :raveface:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds