Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAgent 47
John

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Holland
Does this look like heat stress?
    #470663 - 09/01/10 12:04 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

In the last 3-4 days I've noticed that the leaves are starting to turn up and twist, causing "airy" buds. They've been flowering for ~33 days now, and up till now, the buds formation has been dense and compact as you'll see from the pictures. Not all of the plants are exhibiting this, but it doesn't seem to be strain specific. It seems to start with the lower buds, but not always. For all I know it's normal, I was hoping you guys could tell me.

Pot Size: - 16oz - 1 gallon - 7 gallon
Growing Medium: Peat, Perlite, EWC
Nutrients: Until flowering, Bone Meal, Blood Meal, Kelp Extract, Fish Emulsion, Garden Lime, Green Sand, which was all mixed into soil, veg was only water. Flowering Water mixed @ under recommended dilution with Botanicare: Hydroplex. Staring using at about day 15.
Strains: Afghan Kush, Satori

The last 3 days have been record highs in my area, reaching into the high 90's. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, but I figured it would be more information.

Make it big, and check out the leaves, you can't see in detail, but their "spacing". It almost looks like it's vegging, but not.

Side Bud Example:

Cola Example:
Close Up->
Losing This One to the twist.

Here's an example of how the bud is thick in the middle, but as it reaches to top leaves of the bud, it's like their spreading apart and reaching up. It hasn't been doing it long. A deficiency of sorts?

It's weird though, not all of the buds on an individual plant are inhibiting this. Some of the plants only have 1 or 2 sites where it's happening. Some of the pics of those side buds are from some of these.

77 Inch Tall Afghan Kush: Indica - I wish I was able to start breeding, one day.

Most are still growing thick and normal, I don't know what's going on but I would like to try to change, or stop it. Could it possibly be too much nutrients?

Hope you can help! Thanks!

:peace:

--------------------

Agent Outdoor 2010

Edited by Agent 47 (09/01/10 12:56 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Does this look like heat stress? [Re: Agent 47]
    #470666 - 09/01/10 12:33 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah it looks a little like heat stress.

I've been growing since 1985 and I can tell ya 100% that that 77 Kush as you call it is not 100% indica. :happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineAgent 47
John

Folding@home Statistics
~~ [Re: Magash]
    #470667 - 09/01/10 12:44 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Yeah it looks a little like heat stress.

I've been growing since 1985 and I can tell ya 100% that that 77 Kush as you call it is not 100% indica. :happyweed:

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I really have no clue what the Indica percentage is, I'm only going by what the breeder claims. I was thinking about that while I posted, that's why I threw that "~" in there. If anyone would know, you would, I'm a chump in this grow game.

I don't know why but the more I'm looking at the picture, I'm thinking I mislabeled it, those leaves are looking very Satori-ish.

:stoned2:

EDIT: World Of Seeds: Afghan Kush

--------------------

Agent Outdoor 2010

Edited by Agent 47 (09/01/10 12:47 AM)

OfflineAgent 47
John

Folding@home Statistics
Re: ~~ [Re: Agent 47]
    #470668 - 09/01/10 12:45 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Any chance the buds recover from this, density wise?

--------------------

Agent Outdoor 2010

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: ~~ [Re: Agent 47]
    #470733 - 09/01/10 07:35 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

How many hours of direct sunlight does your plot/s receive?

I had a Hindu x Master kush plant show those exact same traits this year.  It started flowering a month early, then revegged for a week then went back into flowering.... buds look exactly like yours and they are crystally enough to smoke.  I wish I could give you a definitive answer but I haven't found one for myself yet.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineAgent 47
John

Folding@home Statistics
Re: ~~ [Re: Inverted]
    #470811 - 09/01/10 11:08 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
How many hours of direct sunlight does your plot/s receive?

I had a Hindu x Master kush plant show those exact same traits this year.  It started flowering a month early, then revegged for a week then went back into flowering.... buds look exactly like yours and they are crystally enough to smoke.  I wish I could give you a definitive answer but I haven't found one for myself yet.

I can't give you an exact time of direct sunlight per day, but I should be able to relay that information later today. Some of the trees in the area have been cut down to allow maximum light exposure, maybe that was counter productive.

Thanks for the reply. If I find anything out I'll let ya know.

:peace:

--------------------

Agent Outdoor 2010

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale