Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinejdogGA15
Stranger

New to growing...need help:)
    #459458 - 08/13/10 03:59 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

im wanting to grow some cannabis in the woods.is there a good guide towards growing in the woods/outdoors?ive looked all over the site,cant find it.any tips to be given?point me in the right direction and it would be highly apprecated:)

--------------------
"Rather be dead than cool."-Kurt Cobain

"And I don't really drink alot of booze, alcohol will kill ya... but I smoke all the pot I can find, I don't smoke it all at once, I just do a little bit at a time."-Tommy Chong

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegrod31
Ranger
 User Gallery

Re: New to growing...need help:) [Re: jdogGA15]
    #459463 - 08/13/10 04:13 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

find your areas growing season
find a spot with sunlight
plant seed
water as needed.

--------------------
DO NOT USE mushmagic.com- THEY LIE AND SELL DRUGS TO CHILDREN :thumbdown:
--------------------------------------------------
Back the tape up.  I need it again!
Let it roll!  Just as high as the fucker can go! 
And when it comes to that fantastic note
where the rabbit bites its own head off,
I want you to THROW THAT FUCKING
RADIO INTO THE TUB WITH ME!
    Not me.  It would blast you through
the wall stone dead in ten seconds and they'd make me explain.

OfflinejdogGA15
Stranger

Re: New to growing...need help:) [Re: grod31]
    #459469 - 08/13/10 04:44 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

grod31 said:
find your areas growing season
find a spot with sunlight
plant seed
water as needed.

thats it?

--------------------

"And I don't really drink alot of booze, alcohol will kill ya... but I smoke all the pot I can find, I don't smoke it all at once, I just do a little bit at a time."-Tommy Chong

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #459487 - 08/13/10 05:13 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

thats it?

That would be the "johnny appleseed" tek right there.  Where you just drop random seeds and hope they grow :wink:

Growing pot is all about how intensive you want to take it.  It can be easy as just planting some seeds in a sunny area and hoping they grow, to digging a 4 foot deep hole and filling it with a soil you made your self.

What he posted is the basic tenants of growing cannabis.  Plant a seed, water the sprout, give it food, let it grow. 

Here's our grow FAQ: https://www.growery.org/2797/Grow-FAQ

Good place to start if you're completely new to this as it can answer a lot of questions you may have.

Here's some general cultivation help: https://www.growery.org/2795/Cultivation-Information

Has a couple start to finish guides to give you an idea of the whole process, plus help in problem diagnosis, sexing etc.

Finall we have an outdoor forum right here: https://www.growery.org/forums/postlist.php/Board/16

I would suggest reading through there and posting some questions if you want.

Welcome!

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Invisiblestarrider

Re: New to growing...need help:) [Re: coda]
    #459928 - 08/14/10 10:48 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Dude, if possible you should grow inside. You can control all the factors that contribute to growing. The added benefit is that you will not be seen by anybody. I know a guy that was growing outside near where I live and he was busted because a mosquito commission guy was out looking for mosquito's. always someone watching. I would suggest indoor growing. Just my thoughts.

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite."

William Blake

Anything  I write is a lie. Any picture I post is a fake. I only write for entertainment.

OfflinejdogGA15
Stranger

Re: New to growing...need help:) [Re: starrider]
    #460556 - 08/15/10 10:07 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

thanks guys,ill keep you guys updated

--------------------

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
    #460633 - 08/15/10 12:18 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

starrider said:
Dude, if possible you should grow inside. You can control all the factors that contribute to growing. The added benefit is that you will not be seen by anybody. I know a guy that was growing outside near where I live and he was busted because a mosquito commission guy was out looking for mosquito's. always someone watching. I would suggest indoor growing. Just my thoughts.

Just be very careful regardless of where you grow.  I would recommend outdoor growing to a beginner because it is much easier and cheaper.

Invisiblestarrider

Re: New to growing...need help:) [Re: SmOakland]
    #461273 - 08/16/10 09:00 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:
Quote:

starrider said:

Just be very careful regardless of where you grow.  I would recommend outdoor growing to a beginner because it is much easier and cheaper.

Where I live they have heilo's that look for people growing outdoors. Thats why inside is better.

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite."

William Blake

Anything  I write is a lie. Any picture I post is a fake. I only write for entertainment.

OfflinejdogGA15
Stranger

#461439 - 08/16/10 02:42 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

starrider said:
Quote:

SmOakland said:
Quote:

starrider said:

Where I live they have heilo's that look for people growing outdoors. Thats why inside is better.

where im growing is very deep in the woods,with no trial to it and no space has been cleared.ill take some pics just to show yall.

--------------------

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
    #461444 - 08/16/10 02:46 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Are you in the northern hemisphere?  If so, it is too late to start. 
Some things to worry about if you are in the forest:

-you will need something to repel deer
-you might need insecticide (research what bugs plague outdoor cannabis in your area)
-if you are going to buy seeds (i just use bag seeds for most of my grows) see what ones grow well in your area
-How difficult is it to get water to the location?
-How difficult is it to bring large amounts of grow medium (you might have to do this as some forest floors have soil that is not good at all for growing anything but native plants)

OfflinejdogGA15
Stranger

#465380 - 08/22/10 12:36 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:

-you might need insecticide (research what bugs plague outdoor cannabis in your area)
-if you are going to buy seeds (i just use bag seeds for most of my grows) see what ones grow well in your area
-How difficult is it to bring large amounts of grow medium (you might have to do this as some forest floors have soil that is not good at all for growing anything but native plants)

I live In GA,thank you for the info.

--------------------

Invisiblestarrider

#465863 - 08/23/10 12:42 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:

All this stuff to worry about. Inside is better. No need to worry. A small hydro setup no one will know.

--------------------

William Blake

Offlinechickenbiscuits
Stranger
    #465950 - 08/23/10 02:43 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

the best advice i could give you if things are safe...

the bigger the hole the bigger the plant.

That saying goes about infinitely. Even up to 10-15 yards of soil for a single plant!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom