Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSigma
Stranger

Really scary event happened to me today...might be seizure?
    #459039 - 08/12/10 07:40 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Holy shit....this was so fucking scary, can't believe what happened to me today.

Today I decided to visit an old friend of mine...was out of weed and thought maybe they wouldn't mind smoking me up, because I've smoked with them countless times.
  Well, I haven't smoked for about a week or 8 days...really wanted to get high. So, I text her that I was coming, and she was cool with it.

The original reason I was going over was to give her the rest of my salvia, because just looking at it gave me anxiety.

So, I show up, hand her the salvia, the she tells me she has dro and that we should smoke(Score! right?...wrong!)
  So, She ends up smoking two bowls of dro with her...even as I was smoking I was feeling stranger and stranger...thought I was just getting really high.

Eventually me, her and another friend all go down stairs into her kitchen, where they make food but I'm not hungry so I just watch them eat.

This is where the scary shit happens.

I'm just standing in her kitchen, high as hell. Everything is cool, all is great, just looking around the place.
  All of a sudden, my vision starts to get really blurry, I acquire the feeling that I'm tripping absolute balls, then I start feeling very lightheaded...was super scary so I started walking out of the kitchen.
  As I approach the thresh-hold of the doorway to her living room, I start feeling very woozy and I lost my balance. I fell very hard into a corner on the door frame, then I crashed onto the floor very hard.

It feels like I'm tripping my balls off, was a loud ringing in my ears, had deep mental focus and thought, and it felt like I was about to die.
  My body then forces me to smashed my head/face repeatedly into the hard wood floor, I just couldn't stop bashing my head over and over on the floor while freaking out, my vision had entirely changed, I couldn't even really see, everything was just a huge blur.

Eventually I stop, and my vision slowly returns, I look up to see both my friends had witnessed me do this. They said, "What in the fuck was that?"
  I answered them with very strange words, and still felt like I was coming down from some strange drug.

I eventually curl up near an air conditioning vent, and sit up against the wall. I then demanded water, and drank a whole cup.
  She also got me a glass of milk, which I took a few sips.

I then decided it was best to text a friend to come pick me up, because I couldn't risk doing this strange seizure like episode again out in public...

So there it is, anyone know what the hell happened....
It wasn't laced weed because they both smoked and were just fine.
  I'm a pretty heavy smoker myself, only reason I didn't smoke for a week is because I'm pretty broke.

I can't even begin to think what has happened here today...totally clueless.
  Anyone else experience this or can relate? This has scared me greatly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMr. Kite
For The Benefit.
Male

Re: Really scary event happened to me today...might be seizure? [Re: Sigma]
    #459040 - 08/12/10 07:46 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Did you eat anything that day?

Could be that your blood sugars were low and you fainted. People sometimes twitch like they are having a seizure when they are coming out of it.

Also were you sitting when you were smoking (I'm assuming yes). But for how long? And how fast did you stand up?

If you remember having a "seizure" you most likely didnt have one.

--------------------

OfflineSigma
Stranger

Re: Really scary event happened to me today...might be seizure? [Re: Mr. Kite]
    #459046 - 08/12/10 07:54 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Yes was sitting, and the "seizure" happened a little bit later.

Was really creepy, probably scared the shit out of them...and yes, had not eaten anything all day until that point...maybe it was just a fainting.

InvisibleMr. Kite
For The Benefit.
Male

#459048 - 08/12/10 07:57 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds like it to me man, I know you werent having a seizure. Just from the way you described it. But I'm not a doctor so if you feel like you need to go get looked at you probably should.

I say eat food before smoking, I know smoking does crazy things to your blood and it might thin it out a little. And if you didnt eat that day and had been sitting for a while and stood up fast you can get light headed and faint.

--------------------

InvisibleDeadHearts

Loc: ▐▐▐▐▐
    #459053 - 08/12/10 08:00 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I had a somewhat similar event but I didnt smash my head on the ground
lol. I ended up throwing up. But I went all day without eating and drank
two 24 ounce beers prior and there was a bit of hash in the weed.

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
    #459111 - 08/12/10 10:48 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Did you smoke any of the salvia?  :strokebeard:

:epileptic:

--------------------

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
Re: Really scary event happened to me today...might be seizure? [Re: FRACTALife]
    #459128 - 08/12/10 11:04 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Same thing kinda happened to me once, I suffer from really low blood pressure so when I get up I feel faint, and sometimes my vision can completely disappear for a few seconds, but I've learn't to deal with it by just putting a hand on the wall so I have reference to where I am, and wait it out when it happens, but I had never actually passed out, before.

Usually it only happens when I don't eat enough, or haven't eaten in a while, but once I was on mushrooms with some friends, and I hadn't really had anything much to eat that day other than the mushrooms. I was having a good trip, nice and chilled. We were playing Mario Kart on a 64, listening to music and smoking bongs, I was chopping up some more weed in a bowl, and my friend bumped my shoulder, and I accidentally slice the scissors across the tip of my left index finger from the first knuckle all the way around the nail to the other side of the finger. Blood is everywhere and the weed is now on the floor, but I didn't freak out I just got up to go clean my hand off, which I did.

I came back from the bathroom and sat down, somebody else had finished chopping so I just watched Mario Kart and waiting till the bong found its way around to me, but I noticed my finger was bleeding again, so I got up to go clean it, and about halfway down the hallway I feel faint, so I put my hand on the kitchen bench, which goes down the hallway, and my vision goes straight to black, and my head is super light, I had never passed out before so I just stood there, then I don't remember anything but the impact of my ribs hitting the bench on the way down, and then my head hitting the floor as I fell flat on my back.

Woke up a few seconds later with my bud hovering over me going "Dude. What. The. Fuck?" and I felt absolutely fine, if not a bit dazed and confused.

Its never happened to me since so I think it was just the low blood pressure, sounds like you have something similar, though I'm not a doctor:strokebeard:

--------------------

InvisibleMr. Kite
For The Benefit.
Male

Re: Really scary event happened to me today...might be seizure? [Re: T-Rex]
    #459174 - 08/13/10 12:29 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Best thing to do is shake your legs out before you stand up.

--------------------

OfflineSigma
Stranger

Re: Really scary event happened to me today...might be seizure? [Re: FRACTALife]
    #459267 - 08/13/10 08:06 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

FRACTALife said:

No, that is why I gave it away, I'm sick of Salvia.

Fainting doesn't equal violent convulsions as far as I know....I just couldn't stop slamming my head on the floor, probably 10times in a row with full force.

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #459268 - 08/13/10 08:08 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Go to a doctor and get it checked out man.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #459282 - 08/13/10 08:33 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Sigma said:
Holy shit....this was so fucking scary, can't believe what happened to me today.

Today I decided to visit an old friend of mine...was out of weed and thought maybe they wouldn't mind smoking me up, because I've smoked with them countless times.
  Well, I haven't smoked for about a week or 8 days...really wanted to get high. So, I text her that I was coming, and she was cool with it.

The original reason I was going over was to give her the rest of my salvia, because just looking at it gave me anxiety.

So, I show up, hand her the salvia, the she tells me she has dro and that we should smoke(Score! right?...wrong!)
  So, She ends up smoking two bowls of dro with her...even as I was smoking I was feeling stranger and stranger...thought I was just getting really high.

Eventually me, her and another friend all go down stairs into her kitchen, where they make food but I'm not hungry so I just watch them eat.

This is where the scary shit happens.

I'm just standing in her kitchen, high as hell. Everything is cool, all is great, just looking around the place.
  All of a sudden, my vision starts to get really blurry, I acquire the feeling that I'm tripping absolute balls, then I start feeling very lightheaded...was super scary so I started walking out of the kitchen.
  As I approach the thresh-hold of the doorway to her living room, I start feeling very woozy and I lost my balance. I fell very hard into a corner on the door frame, then I crashed onto the floor very hard.

It feels like I'm tripping my balls off, was a loud ringing in my ears, had deep mental focus and thought, and it felt like I was about to die.
  My body then forces me to smashed my head/face repeatedly into the hard wood floor, I just couldn't stop bashing my head over and over on the floor while freaking out, my vision had entirely changed, I couldn't even really see, everything was just a huge blur.

Eventually I stop, and my vision slowly returns, I look up to see both my friends had witnessed me do this. They said, "What in the fuck was that?"
  I answered them with very strange words, and still felt like I was coming down from some strange drug.

I eventually curl up near an air conditioning vent, and sit up against the wall. I then demanded water, and drank a whole cup.
  She also got me a glass of milk, which I took a few sips.

I then decided it was best to text a friend to come pick me up, because I couldn't risk doing this strange seizure like episode again out in public...

So there it is, anyone know what the hell happened....
It wasn't laced weed because they both smoked and were just fine.
  I'm a pretty heavy smoker myself, only reason I didn't smoke for a week is because I'm pretty broke.

I can't even begin to think what has happened here today...totally clueless.
  Anyone else experience this or can relate? This has scared me greatly.

It was not a seizure.

Have you ever had any brain injuries?  I used to have a problem just like that when I use to smoke really heavy amounts (2-3g/day) and almost every time I would stand up and walk up or down stairs, by the time I reached the top or bottom my vision was completely gone and I would collapse to the floor until the blood/oxygen returned to my head and I would slowly wake up on the floor.

I have had many brain injuries though and have even been warned of this happening, and I even had a seizure while tripping on mushrooms once, it was a horrible experience...

You just fainted.  You probably had a sudden change in blood pressure.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineShaggy420
Male

#459323 - 08/13/10 09:46 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

sounds more like a horrible panic attack than a seizure. you could go to the doctor but they will all blame it on the weed:rolleyes:

are you sure your friends didnt put any salvia in your bowl without you knowing for a not funny joke?

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

InvisibleMr. Kite
For The Benefit.
Male

#459378 - 08/13/10 12:20 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Sigma said:
Quote:

FRACTALife said:

No, that is why I gave it away, I'm sick of Salvia.

Fainting doesn't equal violent convulsions as far as I know....I just couldn't stop slamming my head on the floor, probably 10times in a row with full force.

LOL you didnt have a seizure. Like I said, if you had a seizure you wouldnt remember having one. And you would most likely piss youself in the process. And yes, you can have convulsions while you are passing out/coming out of fainting.

--------------------

OfflineSigma
Stranger

Re: Really scary event happened to me today...might be seizure? [Re: Inverted]
    #459454 - 08/13/10 03:24 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

You just fainted.  You probably had a sudden change in blood pressure.

This is the most believable...this is probably my 3 or fourth time passing out in my life...but the first with convulsions.
  Every time I've had them up until now, they've been from me locking my knees and not knowing that I'm doing it.

Damn, I really hope I don't have diabetes...that would be the worse.

InvisibleMr. Kite
For The Benefit.
Male

#459477 - 08/13/10 04:56 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

:facepalm: thats what I've said from the begining.

--------------------

OfflineSigma
Stranger

#459493 - 08/13/10 05:37 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mr. Kite said:
:facepalm: thats what I've said from the begining.

You said nothing about locking my knees, your posts make it sound like you think I'm diabetic....I doubt this.
  I never pass out from just getting up, each time has been from locking my knees...which I can't remember doing, but I was so high and blissful I'm sure that is the most likely thing.

InvisibleMr. Kite
For The Benefit.
Male

#459500 - 08/13/10 05:46 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Locking your knees is not the only reason why you would pass out. I never said anything about you being diabetic. I'm saying that normal people can have their blood sugars low from not eating anything all day. Which you said you did. Also the fact that you told me you smoked while sitting down and got up felt funny and then passed out would make me think that your sugars were low.

Especially because you didnt eat anything all day. You most likely arent diabetic, in fact I would doubt you are. But you have to understand that normal people pass out all the time from having low blood sugar. Diabetic people just have a problem regulating their blood sugars. Diabetic people are not the only ones who pass out from their blood sugar being low.

I would say that your problem is the fact that you have lower blood pressure, and also the fact that you were smoking. Smoking Marijuana generally increases your blood pressure, but chronic users (like yourself) actually have lower blood pressure. Therefore, when you did the combination of smoking, standing up, and not eating, you effectivly dropped your blood pressure and also you blood sugars were low. Causing you to pass out.

I know medical stuff man, if you thought that I was telling you that you were a diabetic I'm sorry. But thats just not the case.

--------------------

OfflineSigma
Stranger

#459507 - 08/13/10 05:58 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

But I've been doing virtually the same thing everyday for years...why am I just now having pass outs with convulsions?

I think if anything it would be a combo of low pressure, not eating AND locking my knees, but I almost guarantee it was due to my knees, since I've done this lots of times.

Also, from where I come, doctors don't know shit. Everytime I go to the doctor they say something retarded and don't know what's wrong with me.
  Last time I went to the doctor, I had a rash on my belly, which took 4 doctor visits before those geniuses realized I had staph infection....that screams retarded to me. Staph is common, and the fact that it took 4 visits is ridiculous.

InvisibleMr. Kite
For The Benefit.
Male

#459508 - 08/13/10 06:00 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Here man, this should help you out, Like I've been saying. It's probably your blood sugar. Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) is very common when you dont eat enough.

Overview
Hypoglycemia is a condition that occurs when your blood sugar (glucose) is too low.
Symptoms
•Cold sweats
•Confusion
•Convulsions
•Coma
•Double vision or blurry vision
•Fatigue
•General discomfort, uneasiness, or ill feeling (malaise)
•Headache
•Hunger
•Irritability (possible aggression)
•Nervousness
•Rapid heart rate
•Trembling
Other symptoms that may be associated with this disease:

•Decreased alertness
•Different size pupils
•Dizziness
•Excessive sweating
•Fainting
•Hallucinations
•Memory loss
•Muscle pain
•Paleness
•Pounding heartbeat (heartbeat sensations)
•Sleeping difficulty
Treatment
Treatment depends on the cause.

In people with diabetes who take medication that lowers blood sugar, a snack or drink containing sugar will raise the blood glucose level. Try to drink no more than 4 ounces of juice or sugar soda. You should see an immediate improvement in symptoms. If you do not, check blood sugar and repeat after 15 minutes. Overtreatment of low blood sugar can cause problems with high blood sugar in people with diabetes.

Persons with severe hypoglycemia are treated with glucose injections or the hormone glucagon. Immediate treatment is needed to prevent serious complications or death.

Your doctor may tell you to change your diet so that you get more even amounts of glucose into your body throughout the day. This may prevent further episodes of low blood sugar. You may be told to eat small, frequent meals with complex carbohydrates, fiber, and fat and to avoid simple sugars, alcohol, and fruit juice.

You should also eat meals at regular intervals, and balance extra exercise with extra food.

If hypoglycemia is caused by an insulinoma (insulin-secreting tumor), surgery to remove the tumor is the best treatment.
Causes
Hypoglycemia occurs when:

•Your body's sugar (glucose) is used up too quickly
•Glucose is released into the bloodstream too slowly
•Too much insulin is released into the bloodstream
Insulin is a hormone that reduces blood sugar. It is produced by the pancreas in response to increased glucose levels in the blood.

Hypoglycemia is relatively common in persons with diabetes. It occurs when:

•You take too much insulin or diabetes medicine
•You don't eat enough food
•You suddenly increase your exercise without increasing the amount of food you eat
Relative hypoglycemia is a fairly common condition in which a newborn's blood sugar is low. Babies born to mothers with diabetes may have severe hypoglycemia.

Idiopathic hypoglycemia is hypoglycemia that occurs without a known cause. People with this type of hypoglycemia do not have diabetes.

Hypoglycemia may also be caused by:

•Ingestion of alcohol
•Insulin-secreting tumor of the pancreas
•Liver disease
Tests & diagnosis
Home monitoring of blood sugar will show readings lower than 50 mg/dL.

Serum glucose test will be low.
Prevention
If you have diabetes, make sure you follow your doctor's advice regarding diet, medications, and exercise.

If you have a history of hypoglycemia, you should keep a snack or drink containing sugar available at all times to take as soon as symptoms appear. If symptoms do not improve in 15 minutes, eat more food. A glucagon kit is available for those who have episodes of hypoglycemia that don't respond well to other types of treatment.
Complications
Untreated, hypoglycemia from too much insulin can lead to loss of consciousness and coma. Severe hypoglycemia is a medical emergency that may result in seizures and permanent damage to the nervous system if not treated. Severe hypoglycemia that results in unconsciousness is also called insulin shock.

Learn to recognize the early warning signs of hypoglycemia and treat yourself quickly and appropriately.
When to contact a doctor
Go to the emergency room immediately or call a local emergency number (such as 911) if early signs of hypoglycemia do not improve after you've eaten a snack containing sugar.

Get immediate medical help if a person with diabetes or a history of hypoglycemia loses alertness or if you can't wake them up.

--------------------

OfflineSigma
Stranger

#459514 - 08/13/10 06:15 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I drink soda all day, everyday....just throwing that out there.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract