Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinevolcomstoner
Just one more xanax
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaybec
Rasmussen Poll: Fewer Than One In Five Americans Say Marijuana Is More Dangerous Than Booze
    #455694 - 08/05/10 09:43 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Rasmussen Poll: Fewer Than One In Five Americans Say Marijuana Is More Dangerous Than Booze

Ashbury Park, NJ: Fewer than one in five Americans nationwide believe that consuming marijuana is more dangerous than drinking alcohol, according to a national telephone poll of 1,000 likely voters by the polling firm Rasmussen Reports.

Fifty percent of respondents, including the majority of those who said that they drank alcohol, rated the use of marijuana to be less dangerous than booze. Only 17 percent of those polled said that cannabis is the more dangerous of the two substances.

Twenty-six percent of respondents said that both substances are equally dangerous.

Commenting on the poll results NORML Deputy Director Paul Armentano, co-author of the book Marijuana Is Safer: So Why Are We Driving People to Drink, said: "By almost any objectively measurable standard, cannabis is safer than booze – both to the individual consumer and to society as a whole. However, given our government's longstanding demonization of the cannabis plant and its users it is remarkable that anyone – much less half of America – recognizes this fact. Ideally, these survey results will spark a long-overdue national dialogue asking why our laws target and prosecute those who choose to possess and consume the less dangerous of these two popular substances."

Respondents also agreed, by a nearly two-to-one majority, that marijuana was far less dangerous than smoking cigarettes.

A majority of respondents (65 percent) said that they believed that marijuana would be legal in the United States within ten years.

--------------------

Vas donc jouer dans le traffic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: Rasmussen Poll: Fewer Than One In Five Americans Say Marijuana Is More Dangerous Than Booze [Re: volcomstoner]
    #455696 - 08/05/10 09:51 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

1 in 5? so about 20 percent of americans think alcohol is more dangerous than pot:facepalm:

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

Edited by Shaggy420 (08/05/10 09:53 PM)

OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cold as Hell Flag
Re: Rasmussen Poll: Fewer Than One In Five Americans Say Marijuana Is More Dangerous Than Booze [Re: Shaggy420]
    #455704 - 08/05/10 10:16 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

With more states legalizing it, it will just be a matter of time(I hope) that they figure it out that this little plant has more benefits and is less harmful than a lot of the stuff on the legal market.

--------------------
Just smoke a bowl and get over your self
We are human beings first everything else is second

You can not hold anything I post against me for I am delusional

Offlinevolcomstoner
Just one more xanax
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaybec
Re: Rasmussen Poll: Fewer Than One In Five Americans Say Marijuana Is More Dangerous Than Booze [Re: Kilroy]
    #455705 - 08/05/10 10:21 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, I was actually pretty suprised by the numbers though, I though a lot less people would have realized how much safer cannabis is compared to alcohol.

Hopefully someday they will all learn how low the toxicity levels of cannabis are, I mean drinking alcohol is basically drinking posion.

--------------------

Vas donc jouer dans le traffic

OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cold as Hell Flag
Re: Rasmussen Poll: Fewer Than One In Five Americans Say Marijuana Is More Dangerous Than Booze [Re: volcomstoner]
    #455724 - 08/05/10 10:46 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

more or less you are right about the poison part. How many have died from alcohol poisoning? How many have died from Mj poisoning? lol. How many die from drunk driving? Stoners are to lazy to leave the house or they just walk to the store lol jk.

--------------------
Just smoke a bowl and get over your self
We are human beings first everything else is second

You can not hold anything I post against me for I am delusional

OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

Re: Rasmussen Poll: Fewer Than One In Five Americans Say Marijuana Is More Dangerous Than Booze [Re: Kilroy]
    #456788 - 08/08/10 11:21 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Kilroy said:
more or less you are right about the poison part. How many have died from alcohol poisoning? How many have died from Mj poisoning? lol. How many die from drunk driving? Stoners are to lazy to leave the house or they just walk to the store lol jk.

All you pretty much have to say to win the "is alcohol more dangerous than marijuana?" argument is one simple thing: alcohol kills MANY people, every year. Marijuana has no recorded deaths in its history of use, dating back at least 5,000+ years to ancient China.

--------------------

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZBTAYm3rw

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds