Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

Loc: Québec
Cannabinoids Kill Cancer and Our Government Has Known for 36 Years * 1
    #453860 - 08/01/10 12:57 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Below is a repost of an article published on Americans for Safe Access website: www.safeaccessnow.org in November of 2003. The article describes how cannabinoids, the active components of marijuana, inhibit tumor growth in laboratory animals and also kill cancer cells. Then it finishes off by saying that the US government has known for more than 35 years and that the media which would normally go crazy about a cancer cure story like this, doesn’t at all and in fact seem to be burying the story rather than promote it in any way. I for one am amazed at the government’s stance on marijuana and their failed war on drugs, which is more like a war on it’s own country. I guess too many people get rich off of the war on drugs.

by Steve Kubby, Sierra Times
November 10th, 2003

A new study published in Nature Reviews-Cancer provides an historic and detailed explanation about how THC and natural cannabinoids counteract cancer, but preserve normal cells.

The study by Manuel Guzmán of Madrid Spain found that cannabinoids, the active components of marijuana, inhibit tumor growth in laboratory animals. They do so by modulating key cell-signalling pathways, thereby inducing direct growth arrest and death of tumor cells, as well as by inhibiting the growth of blood vessels that supply the tumor.

The Guzman study is very important according to Dr. Ethan Russo , a neurologist and world authority on medical cannabis: “Cancer occurs because cells become immortalized; they fail to heed normal signals to turn off growth. A normal function of remodelling in the body requires that cells die on cue. This is called apoptosis, or programmed cell death. That process fails to work in tumors. THC promotes its reappearance so that gliomas, leukemias, melanomas and other cell types will in fact heed the signals, stop dividing, and die.”

“But, that is not all,” explains Dr. Russo: “The other way that tumors grow is by ensuring that they are nourished: they send out signals to promote angiogenesis, the growth of new blood vessels. Cannabinoids turn off these signals as well. It is truly incredible, and elegant.”

In other words, this article explains several ways in which cannabinoids might be used to fight cancer, and, as the article says, “Cannabinoids are usually well tolerated, and do not produce the generalized toxic effects of conventional chemotherapies.

Usually, any story that even suggests the possibility of a new treatment for cancer is greeted with headlines about a “cancer cure” – however remote in the future and improbable in fact it might be. But if marijuana is involved, don’t expect any coverage from mainstream media, especially since mainstream editors have been quietly killing this story for the past thirty years…

That’s right, news about the abilility of pot to shrink tumors first surfaced, way back in 1974. Researchers at the Medical College of Virginia, who had been funded by the National Institutes of Health to find evidence that marijuana damages the immune system, found instead that THC slowed the growth of three kinds of cancer in mice — lung and breast cancer, and a virus-induced leukemia.

The Washington Post reported on the 1974 study — in the “Local” section — on Aug. 18, 1974. Under the headline, “Cancer Curb Is Studied,” it read in part: “The active chemical agent in marijuana curbs the growth of three kinds of cancer in mice and may also suppress the immunity reaction that causes rejection of organ transplants, a Medical College of Virginia team has discovered.” The researchers “found that THC slowed the growth of lung cancers, breast cancers, and a virus-induced leukemia in laboratory mice, and prolonged their lives by as much as 36 percent.”

“News coverage of the Madrid discovery has been virtually nonexistent in this country. The news broke quietly on Feb. 29, 2000 with a story that ran once on the UPI wire about the Nature Medicine article,” complained MarijuanaNews.com editor Richard Cowan , who said he was only able to find the article through a link that appeared briefly on the Drudge Report Web page. “The New York Times, The Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times all ignored the story, even though its newsworthiness is indisputable: a benign substance occurring in nature destroys deadly brain tumors,” added Cowan.

On March 29, 2001, the San Antonio Current printed a carefully researched, bombshell of a story by Raymond Cushing titled, “POT SHRINKS TUMORS; GOVERNMENT KNEW IN ‘74.” Media coverage since then has been nonexistant, except for a copy of the story on Alternet.

It is hard to believe that the knowledge that cannabis can be used to fight cancer has been suppressed for almost thirty years , yet it seems likely that it will continue to be suppressed. Why?

According to Cowan, the answer is because it is a threat to cannabis prohibition . “If this article and its predecessors from 2000 and 1974 were the only evidence of the suppression of medical cannabis, then one might perhaps be able to rationalize it in some herniated way. However, there really is massive proof that the suppression of medical cannabis represents the greatest failure of the institutions of a free society, medicine, journalism, science, and our fundamental values,” Cowan notes.

Millions of people have died horrible deaths and in many cases, familes exhausted their savings on dangerous, toxic and expensive drugs. Now we are just beginning to realize that while marijuana has never killed anyone, marijuana prohibition has killed millions.

From here

--------------------

I eat animals and most things that live in the sea, I'm not green but I smoke it and I litter to keep cunts like you in a job so fuck off.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
Re: Cannabinoids Kill Cancer and Our Government Has Known for 36 Years [Re: juke adro]
    #453861 - 08/01/10 01:04 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

This is an awesome post, good job Juke!:bongload:

--------------------

Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

Re: Cannabinoids Kill Cancer and Our Government Has Known for 36 Years [Re: T-Rex]
    #453864 - 08/01/10 01:07 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I dunno how old it is or what but it's cool so I posted it.

--------------------

I eat animals and most things that live in the sea, I'm not green but I smoke it and I litter to keep cunts like you in a job so fuck off.

Offlinevolcomstoner
Just one more xanax
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaybec
Re: Cannabinoids Kill Cancer and Our Government Has Known for 36 Years [Re: juke adro] * 1
    #453879 - 08/01/10 02:42 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

we have a potential cure fo cancer, but the gov't still throws people in jail for years over this shit. Goddamn thats fucking sad

--------------------

Vas donc jouer dans le traffic

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: Cannabinoids Kill Cancer and Our Government Has Known for 36 Years [Re: juke adro]
    #453912 - 08/01/10 10:26 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

juke adro said:

November 10th, 2003

you stoner.  :lol:

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineRevThad
Bishop of Buds
Male

Loc: Church of Cannabis
    #453958 - 08/01/10 01:40 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Very cool study... Here is another one that I came across a day or so ago.Cannabidiol as a novel inhibitor of Id-1 gene expression

Quote:

Here, we report that cannabidiol (CBD), a cannabinoid
with a low-toxicity profile, could down-regulate
Id-1 expression in aggressive human breast cancer cells.
The CBD concentrations effective at inhibiting Id-1 expression
correlated with those used to inhibit the proliferative
and invasive phenotype of breast cancer cells. CBD was
able to inhibit Id-1 expression at the mRNA and protein
level in a concentration-dependent fashion. These effects
seemed to occur as the result of an inhibition of the
Id-1 gene at the promoter level...

In conclusion, CBD represents the first nontoxic
exogenous agent that can significantly decrease Id-1 expression in metastatic breast cancer cells leading to the
down-regulation of tumor aggressiveness.
[Mol Cancer
Ther 2007;6(11):2921–7]

So the DEA can kiss my ass with their stance that there is NO MEDICAL use for marijuana.

--------------------
As the Lord finished his work on the 6th day he looked back at all that he created. The Lord sampled some of that fine herb that he placed all around the world.  The stativas inspired him and he created the platypus. Realizing that he was stoned off his ass, he put down the tools and took another mighty toke from the heavenly bong and became couchlocked for the entire 7th day.

Hmmm... or something like that.

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: Cannabinoids Kill Cancer and Our Government Has Known for 36 Years [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #454026 - 08/01/10 04:37 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Quote:

juke adro said:

November 10th, 2003

Quote:

Cannabinoids Kill Cancer and Our Government Has Known for 36 43 Years

:awebig: fixed

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cold as Hell Flag
Re: Cannabinoids Kill Cancer and Our Government Has Known for 36 Years [Re: Shaggy420]
    #454071 - 08/01/10 07:36 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

You have to look at one of the biggest sponsors of the news networks, the pill market. The pharmaceutical companies do not want this stuff out because they know they will loose a ton of money. They make more treating the problem not curing the problem. Most mental disorders can be dealt with weed in one way or another and they make a ton of money on depression and anxiety. You look at one of the biggest contributors for the campaigns to stop the legalization of MJ in almost any state and it will be the pharmaceutical companies along with a few others.

--------------------
Just smoke a bowl and get over your self
We are human beings first everything else is second

You can not hold anything I post against me for I am delusional

Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

Re: Cannabinoids Kill Cancer and Our Government Has Known for 36 Years [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #454100 - 08/01/10 08:55 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Quote:

juke adro said:

November 10th, 2003

Well yeah haha

--------------------

OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cold as Hell Flag
    #454109 - 08/01/10 09:11 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

aren`t we all lol jk.

--------------------
Just smoke a bowl and get over your self
We are human beings first everything else is second

You can not hold anything I post against me for I am delusional

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds