Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

time length of thc in your system,.,.,.,.,...
    #444156 - 07/09/10 01:48 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

im becoming a pharmacy tech and my teacher says the whole 30 days in your system is a joke.. that every 1 is different in how your body  metabolizes it and it also has to do with the thc potency...

if u know the potency of the thc there is a math equation to figure out how long roughly it will stay in your system,, taking in your metabolic rate and how long it takes it to (its called HALF-LIFE).
half-life means the time it take the drugs concentration in your system to make passes through your liver..

there are more factors that determine half-life but if u haven't had it explained in full u would be like HUH?

edit(half-life is different from drug to drug some make a first pass in 6 hours where methadone takes 36 hours to make a first pass...)
there are 5 stages of half-life btw..so 5x32= length for the drug to pass elimination completely,, (from my book(after 5 half lives, the drug is clinicly conciderd out of your system besides small trace(mostly undetectable)

so in short it all depends on the basic factors i mentioned (we only glanced at it last week, will be learning more about it when we get into more drugs..

--------------------
Everyone are you ready for doom,
Because I've blackened the sun,
And I've bloodied the moon.
I bring gloom when I step in the room,
With the fumes of a tomb.
flowers bloom when Im taken away
:rofldrunk:

Edited by lostinbq (07/09/10 01:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGod
Yahweh

Re: time length of thc in your system,.,.,.,.,... [Re: lostinbq]
    #444157 - 07/09/10 02:16 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Wikipedia said:
THC is metabolized mainly to 11-OH-THC (11-hydroxy-THC) by the human body. This metabolite is still psychoactive and is further oxidized to 11-Nor-9-carboxy-THC  (THC-COOH).

and

THC and THC-COOH can be quantitated in blood or urine using chromatographic techniques as part of a drug use testing program.

So THC (half-life 1.6-59 hours) can stay in your system for over 12 days (using your "5 pass" method) and could be detected in your urine in that time after you smoke.  However, THC is metabolized to 11-OH-THC (half-life unknown to me), then further oxidized to THC-COOH, which Wikipedia's uncited article claims to have a half-life of 30-120 days.  This seems ridiculously long, since I've always read that urine metabolites are pretty definitely undetectable by a couple months of sobriety.  Either way, it's not just THC, but THC-COOH that has to be factored in to the length of time cannabis use is detectable in your system.

There are other things that might factor in that I don't fully understand, like THC's lipid solubility. :shrug:

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

Re: time length of thc in your system,.,.,.,.,... [Re: God]
    #444161 - 07/09/10 02:30 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

true man..

like i said we just glanced over it..
and he also said(u did not hear this from me type thing.)
but he said we will be learning it cous of the medical paitents..

(wiki is not a good or credible source due to the user uploadability.)
we will be getting all the websites that are reliable to medical learning and research..

and im not claiming that everything i said here is true) just what was explained to me so far and taking in the factors of other drugs too..
this will be my second week at this school for a 9 month course..

if there is any other insight on this then maby we all could figure it out lol... i still have 5 other books i have to read.. 500+ pages each.

(dont snort (vicoden es) cous it will fuck ur head up more ways then 1(i stopped :sad:)

--------------------
Everyone are you ready for doom,
Because I've blackened the sun,
And I've bloodied the moon.
I bring gloom when I step in the room,
With the fumes of a tomb.
flowers bloom when Im taken away
:rofldrunk:

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: time length of thc in your system,.,.,.,.,... [Re: lostinbq]
    #444230 - 07/09/10 05:10 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

THC is only active in your system for a few (5-9) days

Your body leaves traces of other chemicals, after consuming THC
that can be detected 15-25 days later though.

and that's what drug tests are looking for

--------------------
The Ego is a pathological condition
like a calcareous tumor or cyst
that begins growing in the personality
in the absence of hallucinogenic substances
-Terence McKenna-

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds