Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

heart rate and MJ
    #435549 - 06/21/10 12:11 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Im wondering if anyone here knows why sometimes when i smoke weed my heart beats fast and my chest feels weird but then i feel fine like 20-30 min. later if not sooner.
But then other times i get no change in heart rate at all.
usually it verys strain to strain, but sometimes the same strain will bother my heart one day, but not the next. my pulse wasnt that fast, but my heart felt pretty fast, and my chest felt tingly.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Re: heart rate and MJ [Re: iStoner]
    #435555 - 06/21/10 01:29 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Sativa dominant strains often cause tachycardia...sometimes to the point of physical discomfort (especially if you overindulge).  The difference in day to day usage is interesting, but I would imagine it has to do with slight tolerance increases from multiple uses.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Offlinem3kgt
User
 User Gallery

Loc: G-Spot TX
    #435557 - 06/21/10 02:15 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

You hav3 no idea man. I have svt and sometimes my heart rate will shoot up to around 200 bpm. its a mix of tachycardia and anxiety, which makes for an unpleasant high. This doesnt happen often but it usually occurs when I took too big of a bong rip makin me cough my lungs out and changin my cardiovascular rhythm. Once my heart rate gets that high then my anxiety kicks in and keeps it there or exacerbates it. When I am just high as balls though, a good sativa will get my hr up to around 100-115. A indica dominate high when Im just chillin i'll be at my norml resting all up to 100 depending on my state of mind. Like right now my sober resting hr is at 80. Kinda high but guess its an after effect of all the craziness I did over the weekend. Its not only weed that causes my svt episodes as its happend before while sober, drunk, mdma, coke, and shroomin. Its a personal health thing and I have beta blockers that I can take if needed.

But to answer ur question. Weed does raise a persons heart rate slighty and can also increase anxiety, creating a snowball effect. Its all about your state of mind and how a person reacts to that change in mindset.

--------------------

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Re: heart rate and MJ [Re: m3kgt]
    #435578 - 06/21/10 08:18 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: heart rate and MJ [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #435581 - 06/21/10 08:25 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

:lol:

I knew I recognized that guy. He's pretty funny.

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: heart rate and MJ [Re: DungenessDank]
    #435582 - 06/21/10 08:27 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: heart rate and MJ [Re: 81renaissance]
    #435627 - 06/21/10 11:28 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

so it would be quite normal to get chest discomfort and a fast heartrate after smoking for a while? and coughing has seemed to make it alittle worse

--------------------

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

#435629 - 06/21/10 11:32 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

so i looked up tachycardia and there is three types. But Ventricular tachycardia is life threatening and usually signifies a heart attack, and is iregular heart beats at a fast rate, so does weed cause this?

--------------------

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
    #435634 - 06/21/10 11:40 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

iStoner said:
so i looked up tachycardia and there is three types. But Ventricular tachycardia is life threatening and usually signifies a heart attack, and is iregular heart beats at a fast rate, so does weed cause this?

Considering not one death in history can be directly attributed to cannabis... I'm going to say no.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

#435641 - 06/21/10 11:55 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i have a heart murmur and its weird cous i only feel it and my wife has herd it.. cous of where the hole is it will cause my heart to beat weird is all i can say.. and like m3kgt said when i also take a big ass bong hit and cough alot it happens and it is different from when its my normal or resting heart rate. some times it makes my whole body feel weird like some 1 is pulling strings up my spinal cord..if it happens a lot tho id go talk to a doctor cous heart defects are the most over looked thing till u get chest pains and go like most ppl do.

--------------------
Everyone are you ready for doom,
Because I've blackened the sun,
And I've bloodied the moon.
I bring gloom when I step in the room,
With the fumes of a tomb.
flowers bloom when Im taken away
:rofldrunk:

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: heart rate and MJ [Re: lostinbq]
    #435642 - 06/21/10 11:57 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

lostinbq said:
i have a heart murmur and its weird cous i only feel it and my wife has herd it.. cous of where the hole is it will cause my heart to beat weird is all i can say.. and like m3kgt said when i also take a big ass bong hit and cough alot it happens and it is different from when its my normal or resting heart rate. some times it makes my whole body feel weird like some 1 is pulling strings up my spinal cord..if it happens a lot tho id go talk to a doctor cous heart defects are the most over looked thing till u get chest pains and go like most ppl do.

thats pretty interesting, but im 99% sure i dont have heart problems,  i got tests dont last year on it.

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
    #435684 - 06/21/10 03:15 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

You're fine man.  Tachycardia is just a big word for elevated heart rate (at least in the way I'm using it), and yes its relatively harmless just like high doses of caffeine other stimulants.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #435716 - 06/21/10 05:07 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Best thing for it is to sit back, take a deep breath, and pound 4 beers.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Offlineshroomman8118
Stranger

Re: heart rate and MJ [Re: RasJeph]
    #435774 - 06/21/10 07:47 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

actually the best thing for you would be to not be so paranoid. everything changes your heart rate. my heart rate is different all the time. it speeds up when i run up the stairs and slows down when im sitting still. dont worry about stuff like that. just smoke your weed and chill. and if it still bothers you. look into gettin some opium. and smoke a little before you smoke your weed.

InvisibleBen18
Drunk Derelict
Male User Gallery

Re: heart rate and MJ [Re: lostinbq]
    #435778 - 06/21/10 07:55 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

lostinbq said:

that's my story as well.

good post op. i was wondering the same thing as well.

:peace:

Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

Loc: Cannafornia
    #435838 - 06/21/10 09:50 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

iStoner said:
Im wondering if anyone here knows why sometimes when i smoke weed my heart beats fast and my chest feels weird but then i feel fine like 20-30 min. later if not sooner.
But then other times i get no change in heart rate at all.
usually it verys strain to strain, but sometimes the same strain will bother my heart one day, but not the next. my pulse wasnt that fast, but my heart felt pretty fast, and my chest felt tingly.

The effects of tachycardia from cannabis most certainly does vary from strain to strain, and as Offline81renaissanceM pointed out it's more common with Sativas, at least from my experience....

Cannabis causes your blood vessels to dilate, your blood pressure drops, and heart rate increases....You will often feel this happen instantly when ya take a large toke

I remember when i first started smoking there were a few times that my heart felt as if it was about to beat out of my chest. I still get a rapid heart beat occasionally from smoking, but i don't even really pay attention to it.

If it's to the point that it's bothering you, relax, take a few slow deep calm breathes and focus on lowering your heart rate....It works

:stoner:

--------------------

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: heart rate and MJ [Re: openmind]
    #436307 - 06/22/10 09:02 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Cannibinoids are known cause the changes in heart rate, our bodies are equipped with cannibinoid receptors, and makes them(cannibinoids) naturally. They are different than that of whats found in cannabis, but quite similar at the same time. Think about when your takin' some sexy bitchs clothes off for the first time, heart rate rises like crazy, not dangerous. Unless you have SERIOUS heart problems, in which case you would most likely already know and your doctor would have gave you the warnings.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: heart rate and MJ [Re: DieselB]
    #436308 - 06/22/10 09:04 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DieselB said:
Cannibinoids are known cause the changes in heart rate, our bodies are equipped with cannibinoid receptors, and makes them(cannibinoids) naturally. They are different than that of whats found in cannabis, but quite similar at the same time. Think about when your takin' some sexy bitchs clothes off for the first time, heart rate rises like crazy, not dangerous. Unless you have SERIOUS heart problems, in which case you would most likely already know and your doctor would have gave you the warnings.

wow, so how many different cannibinoids are there ayway?

--------------------

Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

Loc: Cannafornia
    #436313 - 06/22/10 09:16 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

iStoner said:

I think around 60 Cannabinoids have been identified so far in Cannabis, though Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), Cannabinol (CBN), and Cannabidiol (CBD) are typically found in higher concentrations than the rest. Terpenes/essential oils also contribute to the effects we get from cannabis...

Then there are also endocannabinoids that are produced within our bodies, such as Anandamide...

--------------------

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: heart rate and MJ [Re: openmind]
    #436316 - 06/22/10 09:18 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

openmind said:
Quote:

iStoner said:

I think around 60 Cannabinoids have been identified so far in Cannabis, though Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), Cannabinol (CBN), and Cannabidiol (CBD) are typically found in higher concentrations than the rest. Terpenes/essential oils also contribute to the effects we get from cannabis...

Then there are also endocannabinoids that are produced within our bodies, such as Anandamide...

what do the ones in our body do, andwhats the difference between cbn and cbd?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules