Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMr. Hands
The glut of weed and the collapse of prices in California
    #428954 - 06/04/10 11:07 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I read an article that pounds of good shit are going for $2,000/lb in spots and that guys are sitting on hundreds of pounds they can't get rid of.  Holy shit, is this true you Californians?  That is insane.  That same pound would sell for $5,000/lb and up where I'm at.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejuslikejesus
Your Name Is My Name Too
Male

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: The glut of weed and the collapse of prices in California [Re: Mr. Hands]
    #428956 - 06/04/10 11:09 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Yea im not from cali but when some guys are sitting on 800 lbs, who the fuck are you going to sell 800 lbs to. It shouldn't even be $2000

--------------------
When answering a question I ask, feel free to elaborate, feel free to direct me to other threads and or internet resources. I WANT to hear good information, try to make it so I don't have to answer anymore questions. I've read a lot if I ask a question it's because I want to here more.

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The glut of weed and the collapse of prices in California [Re: juslikejesus]
    #428958 - 06/04/10 11:13 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

free market economy ftw

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Re: The glut of weed and the collapse of prices in California [Re: juslikejesus]
    #428982 - 06/05/10 01:14 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

juslikejesus said:
Yea im not from cali but when some guys are sitting on 800 lbs, who the fuck are you going to sell 800 lbs to. It shouldn't even be $2000

And how the hell do you hide 800 lbs of weed?! You know that's gotta stick up the place. How would you move it around? I'm guessing you would need warehouses, not normals houses to do that.

Or maybe large semi-trailers, like in Super Troopers. Those guys know the business.

But is there that much surplus in Cali right now? I'm figuring you are reefering to North Cal, in the "Emeral Triangle"

But it wouldn't surprize me: I saw a documentary on MSNBC on the "Cannabis Industrial" and they showed WHOLE residential houses completely turned into growing ops. Its was frickin' crazy. The whole house was just one big grow room. And huge industrial generators powered all the lights and equipment. I couldn't believe it. It was like a "The Truman Show" moment. Just totally deception.

Crazy stuff.....:eek:

Super Tricky, Super Common
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Offlinem3kgt
User
 User Gallery

Loc: G-Spot TX
Re: The glut of weed and the collapse of prices in California [Re: TrueHerbCrystal] * 1
    #428993 - 06/05/10 04:51 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Public announcement: If anyone is sitting on hundreds of pounds of weeds, please sends them to me. :bobmarley:

--------------------

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: The glut of weed and the collapse of prices in California [Re: m3kgt]
    #429196 - 06/05/10 06:37 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

This is true.  I'm about to get some dank indoor Hindu Kush for $200/oz (by the ounce).  If you start talking about pounds is gets even cheaper.  If you want outdoor shit it is even cheaper.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: The glut of weed and the collapse of prices in California [Re: SmOakland]
    #429198 - 06/05/10 06:48 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Shit, $2000 a pound? I gotta find me a friend in Cali!

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Re: The glut of weed and the collapse of prices in California [Re: RasJeph]
    #429203 - 06/05/10 07:12 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineSteve Buscemi

#429232 - 06/05/10 11:11 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Mr. Hands said:
I read an article that pounds of good shit are going for $2,000/lb in spots and that guys are sitting on hundreds of pounds they can't get rid of.  Holy shit, is this true you Californians?  That is insane.  That same pound would sell for $5,000/lb and up where I'm at.

Your kinda right about the price, Some people might be sitting on hundreds of lbs but the reason why they are probably sitting on it is.......... hundreds of pounds is hard to move I imagine.
From the look of the dispensary I go to it all gets sold very fast, but who knows how much weed they have at any given time.  My guess is at least 20 strains with a pound of each and multiple pounds of the most popular strains. They keep like oz displays in the front and a back room that is a mystery to me. Street prices I couldn't tell you but I know the homie hookup out here is probably super cheap, maybe like $1000 lb for dank.

Edited by Steve Buscemi (06/05/10 11:15 PM)

Offlineyellownotepad
Pharmaceutical Agriculturalist
 User Gallery

Re: The glut of weed and the collapse of prices in California [Re: Steve Buscemi]
    #429248 - 06/06/10 12:19 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

$2000 a lb is pretty normal out here for OD shit when the market is flooded.

i think the problem is that most people in CA dont have the connections to move it out of state.  when out of staters get a line on CA bud, it usually works out good for everyone because of the higher market value for shit as you move east.  things that sell here for 2-3k will easily pull 4k in places like georgia and indiana, and thats for whole pounds.

and whoever said 800lbs needs a warehouse, you're wrong.  1lb is about the size of a couch throw pillow more or less

vacuum bagged, it doesn't smell in the slightest.  so 800lbs is something you could easily have sitting in a stack of boxes in the garage in suburban southern california.

OfflineMr. Hands
Re: The glut of weed and the collapse of prices in California [Re: yellownotepad]
    #429344 - 06/06/10 12:06 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

yellownotepad said:
$2000 a lb is pretty normal out here for OD shit when the market is flooded.

i think the problem is that most people in CA dont have the connections to move it out of state.  when out of staters get a line on CA bud, it usually works out good for everyone because of the higher market value for shit as you move east.  things that sell here for 2-3k will easily pull 4k in places like georgia and indiana, and thats for whole pounds.

Dear God, I could be a millionaire.  People would be lined up at my door to buy pounds of dank for $4500...but $5000 would sell as well.  Can I put an add on craigslist looking for a bulk marijuana seller in Cali?  :smirk:

OfflineSteve Buscemi

#429374 - 06/06/10 02:47 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

You might have the DEA put a boot up your ass..... but you could try.

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Re: The glut of weed and the collapse of prices in California [Re: Steve Buscemi]
    #429385 - 06/06/10 03:31 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I'm shipping a lot of shit to my college friends.  I just hooked a guy up with 1 and 3/4 of some indoor Hindu Kush that is pretty good for $420 including shipping.  But there is no way for you guys to get me money so sucks for you guys.  It is my duty to the California economy to hook up my homies though.

OfflineSteve Buscemi

Re: The glut of weed and the collapse of prices in California [Re: SmOakland]
    #429403 - 06/06/10 04:41 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Good luck with he prison rape.

OfflineOjom
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The glut of weed and the collapse of prices in California [Re: SmOakland] * 1
    #429434 - 06/06/10 08:53 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:
I'm shipping a lot of shit to my college friends.  I just hooked a guy up with 1 and 3/4 of some indoor Hindu Kush that is pretty good for $420 including shipping.  But there is no way for you guys to get me money so sucks for you guys.  It is my duty to the California economy to hook up my homies though.

You can manage to ship ounces of bud across the country, but we can't find a way to get you money?

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Re: The glut of weed and the collapse of prices in California [Re: Ojom]
    #429435 - 06/06/10 08:57 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Look up "Money Laundering" in the Websters Dictionary. Its in there.

At least, thats what those guys at Office Space did.

"We need a drug dealer to help us..."
~ T.H.c. ~

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: The glut of weed and the collapse of prices in California [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #429454 - 06/06/10 10:00 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

It all depends on the strain also. Believe me nobody is getting just 2000 for og kush, Erkle, yadda  yadda 2000 is more for the good quality but high yielding strains. Most my business (this being all made up of course) is with the clubs and the outdoor stuff goes for 2000 a lb if it's shade grown fairly airy bud. The stuff grown in pure sun weeeeelllll that passes for indoor when ya know what your doing and many many people do.

Now its a different story depending on the strain for indoor grown weed. Say you grow Cheese a very good strain but a huge yielder. You will get around 2600 to 3000 a lb. Now when I take one of my strains or one of the big strains (erkle, purps, GDP, OG Kush, Purple Kush) that isn't a huge yielder (remember I go in with a microscope and a portable dvd player that shows my grow and how the strains are made) I don't get less then 3600 a lb.

I've never seen this for 2000 a lb

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineMr. Hands
Re: The glut of weed and the collapse of prices in California [Re: Magash]
    #429457 - 06/06/10 10:13 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

The weed availability in my area is spotty.  It's around, but the quality is not usually consistent or it is really expensive.  "Good stuff" gets sold for $350 an ounce.  Super killer stuff gets sold for $400 an ounce and up.  That normal "good" pound in Cali which is nothing special could be slung where I live for $5,000/lb.  The amazing stuff would go for even more.

Interesting how economics causes prices and realities to vary in different areas.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: The glut of weed and the collapse of prices in California [Re: Magash] * 1
    #429464 - 06/06/10 10:26 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
The outdoor stuff goes for 2,000 a lb if it's shade grown fairly airy bud. The stuff grown in pure sun weeeeelllll that passes for indoor when ya know what your doing and many many people do.

:awesome:  You are the first person to really agree with me that properly grown outdoor buds can be just as good (if not better IMO) as any indoor grown herb, but like you said it's strain dependent.  The taste and high also seem to be slightly different between a clone grown indoors and the same clone grown in full sunlight, which is equivalent to 1,081w of HID lighting (according to OverGrow).

When I say I grow OD weed, for some reason people seem to think I am growing some mid grade mexi brick or some shit.  Some people are just completely clueless I guess.  Other than being slightly more leafy (better for hash anyways) I have absolutely no problems getting rid of my nugs...

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Edited by Inverted (06/06/10 10:27 PM)

InvisiblexX42oXx
"The Seeker"
Male

Re: The glut of weed and the collapse of prices in California [Re: Inverted]
    #429473 - 06/06/10 10:36 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Last time i went up to humboldt it was around 320/oz for the bombest they had...iv heard of the co-op's buying there pounds for 2000$ but there selling them for 5000$ easy...To much money in co-op's Growin it is the way to go..yah Inverted Just Out Of Eureka up in northern cali you can grow real real good pot outdoor..Guy grew the best shit iv seen outdoor it can be done

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder