Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Anyone been hospitalized from an infection?
    #428819 - 06/04/10 05:18 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

So, I got super bad poison ivy - I always get it way worse than anyone else I know. I went to the doctor today and she gave me some kind of anti-biotics because its infected. 2 a day for 10 days.

Anyway, I was just chilling and noticed my foot is 2x the size it normally is, and I can't even really bend my toes its so swollen. I called the doctor, and she said if I get a fever or it starts to spider web up my leg I'll need to go to the ER immediately. Kinda freaked out now.

Has anyone ever had to be hospitalized from an infection? I've only ever been in an ambulance for hitting my head or stuff like that...never had to go because of this...

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

Re: Anyone been hospitalized from an infection? [Re: RasJeph]
    #428840 - 06/04/10 05:47 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

That sucks.  One time I had poison ivy really bad and then got stung by a bee.  Anyways the venom from the bee sting mixed with the poison ivy and my entire arm swelled up and I was unable to move it.  I went to the doc and they gave me steroids.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Anyone been hospitalized from an infection? [Re: Tangerines]
    #428845 - 06/04/10 05:50 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I usually get steroids for my poison ivy, but since it wasn't itchy she gave me some fucking horse-pill anti-biotics, as its infected. She was kinda dumb. I hope this helps...

--------------------

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

#428848 - 06/04/10 05:51 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Poison sumac is the worst of the three plants with poison oils on them.  At least for me.  Sumac will fuck my world up.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Anyone been hospitalized from an infection? [Re: Tangerines]
    #428851 - 06/04/10 05:54 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I looked it up, and they all have the same oil - its just in different levels in each plant I guess.

Its not just me that got it, everyone I was with got it in varying degrees. I always just get it the worst :mad2:

I like to go in the woods, but I can't constantly be on the lookout, ya know? And its way too hot to wear pants.

--------------------

Offlinejuslikejesus
Your Name Is My Name Too
Male

Loc: Pennsylvania
    #428953 - 06/04/10 11:04 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
I looked it up, and they all have the same oil - its just in different levels in each plant I guess.

Its not just me that got it, everyone I was with got it in varying degrees. I always just get it the worst :mad2:

I like to go in the woods, but I can't constantly be on the lookout, ya know? And its way too hot to wear pants.

FOr some reason the poison ivy by where i live lacks the poison quality some faggots decided to clean out the crick behind my house and they spray painted hte poison ivy orange and I rummage in it sometimes but it never does anything it just flat out sucks

--------------------
When answering a question I ask, feel free to elaborate, feel free to direct me to other threads and or internet resources. I WANT to hear good information, try to make it so I don't have to answer anymore questions. I've read a lot if I ask a question it's because I want to here more.

OfflineRunDMT
Ionizes and atomizes

Loc: under the weather
    #428955 - 06/04/10 11:08 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Wouldn't sweat it too much dude, try and keep the limb elevated above your heart/plenty rest/plenty fluids/etc.  :yesnod:

I use to be so allergic to poison oak/ivy/sumac that I could get it from smoke drifting from brush piles and shit.  There were a couple times my eyes were swollen completely shut in elementary school; it fucking sucked.

Luckily my body has developed some antigens and I am nowhere near as susceptible as I used to be.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Anyone been hospitalized from an infection? [Re: RunDMT]
    #428961 - 06/04/10 11:20 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

RunDMT said:
Wouldn't sweat it too much dude, try and keep the limb elevated above your heart/plenty rest/plenty fluids/etc.  :yesnod:

I use to be so allergic to poison oak/ivy/sumac that I could get it from smoke drifting from brush piles and shit.  There were a couple times my eyes were swollen completely shut in elementary school; it fucking sucked.

Luckily my body has developed some antigens and I am nowhere near as susceptible as I used to be.

Good advice, if your foot is swollen keep it above your heart. Also do what the nurse told you. Kinda weird that you got an infection from poisen ivy though unless you have been scratching the shit out of it.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Anyone been hospitalized from an infection? [Re: Triptonic]
    #429008 - 06/05/10 08:29 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Nah, I really didn't scratch it at all. I was misinformed that I wasn't supposed to bandage it AT ALL (which is wrong, it can be loosely bandaged) and the blisters popped and eventually got infected :mad2:

Its looking a lot better today, but hurting just as bad. And the swelling in my foot went down later last night. I think it might have been because I drank a whole bunch of beers with my medicine...it didn't say not to on the bottle, so I figured I was good to go...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom