Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Medical marijuana: Once-supportive doctors angered by mass clinics * 1
    #426960 - 06/01/10 04:47 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Editor's note: Today, the Missoulian concludes a three-day special report on issues surrounding the state's rapidly expanding medical marijuana industry.

Plenty of Montana doctors supported the voter initiative that made medical marijuana legal. Good luck finding one who supports what is happening now.

Medical providers across the state are mystified and angered by the way hundreds of Montanans have secured "green cards," or medical marijuana cards, at mass clinics staffed by out-of-state doctors.

"I think it's being corrupted," said Dr. Jim Guyer, director of the medical clinic at RiverStone Health in Billings. "What I see is there's been a wedge developed and the door's open. The people coming through the door are exploiting it. The people who are going to get hurt are the people the law was intended for."

Guyer and others who voted for the 2004 Medical Marijuana Act believed it would allow people suffering from terminal illnesses or a handful of other debilitating diseases to ease their pain with marijuana.

"I didn't envision there would be marijuana stores on every corner of Grand Avenue and these fairs at the Holiday Inn," said Dr. Deric Weiss, an internist at Billings Clinic who chairs the hospital's ethics committee. "Most of us envisioned it would be through your personal physician and part of a comprehensive plan of care."

Some patients have asked their regular doctors for help in accessing medical marijuana.

Under the Medical Marijuana Act, providers do not prescribe marijuana but certify that a person has a medical condition that qualifies for treatment with the drug. The state Department of Public Health and Human Services issues licenses based on provider authorizations.

But many, if not the majority, of medical marijuana patients in Montana have been authorized by physicians at traveling clinics set up inside convention centers or hotel ballrooms.

The doctors' identities are often kept secret; many - but not all - are from out of state. In a day, they see more than 100 patients who have paid to be evaluated.

"We have reached the point in Montana where medical marijuana certification is for sale with a physician's signature," Dr. Chris Christensen said during a recent meeting of the Montana Board of Medical Examiners in Bozeman.

Christensen, who runs a primary care clinic in Victor, said he has certified at least 3,000 patients for medical marijuana. But all of them received thorough assessments, and not everyone who asks for Christensen's signature gets it.

"I don't want to be painted with the same brush as physicians who sell their signatures," he said.

Read More: http://missoulian.com/news/local/article_c82327c6-6d37-11df-bcdc-001cc4c03286.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSteve Buscemi

Re: Medical marijuana: Once-supportive doctors angered by mass clinics [Re: Triptonic] * 1
    #426974 - 06/01/10 06:00 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like they are really sticking by the medical marijuana BS.
Once supportive doctors = first crooked pot docs that didn't have to split their ill gotten gains with the new johnny come lately clinics who are NOW stepping on the toes of mom and pop mmj evalulation clinics.
Much greasier than any stoner is a doctor that will prescribe marijuana.
I live in California and am from the south so I feel I have the outsiders perspective, and all I can say is medical marijuana is a total scam from the pot docs all the way down to the growers. I fully support marijuana for recreational use, but everyone knows western medicine pretty much has most ailments covered. Aids, Cancer, Chronic pain can not be cured by marijuana, of course it helps them eat and feel nice but honestly you and I both know they need real medicine.
Go to a dispensary and talk to a guy wearing the Big Lewbowski shirt sitting in a wheelchair,9 times out of 10 he's just there to get high too and needs his real medicine way more than the OG bubble hash for $65 a g.
I'm against all the bullshit behind medical marijuana because I feel it's harmless and shouldn't be lumped in with controlled substances you need prescribed.
We all smoke it, it's a non issue.
FUCK THE LAW.

OfflineTomCollins

Re: Medical marijuana: Once-supportive doctors angered by mass clinics [Re: Steve Buscemi] * 1
    #427338 - 06/02/10 02:22 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I posted this article the other day trip:

https://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/426773

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates