Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male
Loc: Florida
I never knew this place was here, anyway, I have a question about outdoor pollination
    #42696 - 05/29/08 11:02 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

this is a take off from the shroomery, huh? never knew this place was here.

anyway, my main question involves pollinating outdoor cannabis, I know it's hard to do, and best to do with frozen pollen and a q-tip. The problem is, I want to pollenate an entire plant, and wanted to use maybe a cotton swab and some frozen pollen, this won't pollenate my entire crop?

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

b*tch*s shouldn't call me a retard..

and this shit... "I like to drink tea, lift weights, punch shit, have sex with girls"....

is gay as f**k

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejust me
GreenThumb
Male

Loc: MO/TX/FL/HI
Re: I never knew this place was here, anyway, I have a question about outdoor pollination [Re: Iamasmoker]
    #42698 - 05/29/08 11:06 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

welcome aboard!

--------------------

-and for all your ETHNO SEEDS needs come see us @ www.freeseedring.nl

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I never knew this place was here, anyway, I have a question about outdoor pollination (moved) [Re: Iamasmoker]
    #42699 - 05/29/08 11:06 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

This thread was moved from Marijuana Cultivation.

Reason:
More appropriate for Outdoor Cultivation subforum.

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: I never knew this place was here, anyway, I have a question about outdoor pollination (moved) [Re: Sirius]
    #42721 - 05/29/08 11:33 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

hello there!

here's a good way to pollinate a selected branch or plant:

get a big gallon zip-lock bag. put it around your male and shake-'n-bake.

take it off and seal it up.

use the bag to pollinate your female of choice. put the bag over the plant, or even just one branch to keep the rest free (mostly) of seeds, and shake some more. with a nice big branch you can still get hundreds of seeds.

if you're working with frozen pollen i imagine simply adding the pollen to the bag before the female shake would work just as well.

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male
Re: I never knew this place was here, anyway, I have a question about outdoor pollination (moved) [Re: Yrat]
    #43004 - 05/29/08 03:50 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

so that won't spread the pollen all over the other plants? I guess I should wait until the bud is sticky first, right? so it won't spread to other plants. I know this will work, because there was some foreign tree pollen that fell on my last grow, and it took me like an hour to figure out how to pick it off, I think I ended smoking it. I could do that with a cotton swab, I just figured it would end up pollinating all the females I had. well, my mistake.

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

and this shit... "I like to drink tea, lift weights, punch shit, have sex with girls"....

is gay as f**k

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: I never knew this place was here, anyway, I have a question about outdoor pollination (moved) [Re: Iamasmoker]
    #43113 - 05/29/08 06:27 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

if you're careful the pollen should stay relatively contained within the bag. you only need barely visible amounts, almost an invisible dust on the inside of the bag, and you can still have thousands of seeds.

in order for pollination to work the pistils should still be young and healthy without starting to dry out. the calyx will swell and you will know you'll have seeds within a week, maybe two.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male
Re: I never knew this place was here, anyway, I have a question about outdoor pollination (moved) [Re: Yrat]
    #43450 - 05/29/08 11:19 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

appreciate it, I'd leave a rating, but I don't think I'm up there, yet.

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals