Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineThUmB pRiNt
Male

Im planing on tryin my luck in the near future. Questions be4 I take the leap of faith!!!PLEASE!!!
    #423593 - 05/25/10 01:46 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Hey peeps I wanted to start a small personal crop soon... But a few questions be4 the leap of faith!
1. I plan on using Foxfarm or Floranova cant make up my mind. I want the more complete line. And any nice additives I might be able to use without over doing it. Right now I have the whole "Foxfarm" line, "Batguano", "molasses", "budswell" I think thats it. I also wanted "Bud Blood" and maybe a "ROOT ENHANCER" But again dont want to over do it. Is this combo doable?
2. Everyone says soil=best flavor, smoother, better smelling. They say get at least a couple soil grows under your belt be4 tryin hydro. But I've seen lots of peeps that on there first grow they followed the tek to the "T" and had GREAT success with hydro!!! Any opinions welcome.... Please...
3. Also when I select my mother/mothers and already know for sure its a Female, how often can I trim off clones/bad leaves with out hurting it?
4.Also what feeding schedule do I keep my mother in? Foxfarm's chart tell u how to feed them by week, but sense it doesnt need flowering nutes.....IDK!!! What should I do? Please help....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejuslikejesus
Your Name Is My Name Too
Male

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: Im planing on tryin my luck in the near future. Questions be4 I take the leap of faith!!!PLEASE!!! [Re: ThUmB pRiNt]
    #423624 - 05/25/10 03:57 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

My honest opinion as a first time growery myself is that all that crap really complicates the whole mess, you can use it but I bet you'll have problems.

First off, NO NUTES FOR THE FIRST TWO WEEKS.

Second off, Most nute deficiencies occur from bad PH too high(usually) or your PPM's being to high.

When you start giving your plants nutes, 1/4 strength every 2 days?

Learn as much as you can on how to spot signs of problems, than you wont have to ask us and we wont have to take 5 of the longest hours of your life to answer.

If you're not growing under lights, and using the sun just leave them out all night it's what I die and remember to water. They say over watering kills ur plants, but if it's going to be 85 degrees that day and u can see the topsoil isn browned, they're going to need water cause it's gonig to dry it 2 1/2 inches down.

If you have anymore questions just ask me, ill add more tips if i think of them

--------------------
When answering a question I ask, feel free to elaborate, feel free to direct me to other threads and or internet resources. I WANT to hear good information, try to make it so I don't have to answer anymore questions. I've read a lot if I ask a question it's because I want to here more.

OfflineThUmB pRiNt
Male

Re: Im planing on tryin my luck in the near future. Questions be4 I take the leap of faith!!!PLEASE!!! [Re: juslikejesus]
    #423847 - 05/25/10 05:36 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the opinion. I have done tons of research and I'd like to think I know a good amount of info. I am definitely no expert. sh*t by far. But really if its to muck trouble to answer my post if your to busy then dont worry.... No biggy you know your not obligated to answer. Sure someone else wouldnt mind. But really thanks

OfflineThUmB pRiNt
Male

Re: Im planing on tryin my luck in the near future. Questions be4 I take the leap of faith!!!PLEASE!!! [Re: ThUmB pRiNt]
    #423848 - 05/25/10 05:37 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Hopefully some other opinions will make there way in here

Offlinecreep 1nc
Stranger

#423945 - 05/25/10 09:05 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Just treat it like Sex man
1. reading/watching is not the same thing, experience is key
2. keep it simple on your first time, try new upgrades later
3. After your first time, you're hooked
4. don't expect to grow the best on your first try because of all the research you did. refer to #1
5. remember Murphy's law

--------------------
. Creeps bagseed! 1st grow ever

Offlinejuslikejesus
Your Name Is My Name Too
Male

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: Im planing on tryin my luck in the near future. Questions be4 I take the leap of faith!!!PLEASE!!! [Re: creep 1nc]
    #424112 - 05/26/10 01:29 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Ill answer as best as I can, I'm pretty sure you want like 20-20-20 so if that's what u got it's good

Also always use 1/4 nutes and work your way up to what the bottle says, some stages need more of certain nutes than others.

Nutes aren't really your biggest problem cause usually you'll over nute and plants can deal with a little nute lacking. Micro nutes cause a big problem, and usually bad PH causes nute problems. You might just want to try it outside if you can also, like put 1 or 2 outside once they sprout.

--------------------
When answering a question I ask, feel free to elaborate, feel free to direct me to other threads and or internet resources. I WANT to hear good information, try to make it so I don't have to answer anymore questions. I've read a lot if I ask a question it's because I want to here more.

Offlinecreep 1nc
Stranger

Re: Im planing on tryin my luck in the near future. Questions be4 I take the leap of faith!!!PLEASE!!! [Re: juslikejesus]
    #424217 - 05/26/10 03:05 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

juslikejesus said:
Ill answer as best as I can, I'm pretty sure you want like 20-20-20 so if that's what u got it's good

Also always use 1/4 nutes and work your way up to what the bottle says, some stages need more of certain nutes than others.

Nutes aren't really your biggest problem cause usually you'll over nute and plants can deal with a little nute lacking. Micro nutes cause a big problem, and usually bad PH causes nute problems. You might just want to try it outside if you can also, like put 1 or 2 outside once they sprout.

or he could just go for it, KISS, "Keep it simple stupid"
*Keep adding all that fancy shit and your bound to fail, hate to be blunt but it's more than likely true.

-I am on my first grow also, so I feel safe to say that you should not even be discussing nutrients given the fact you have not even decided on a grow method yet....ie soil, hydro, indoor, outdoor???????

GET YOUR DICK WET MAN..........THAT'S THE FIRST STEP

--------------------

OfflineThUmB pRiNt
Male

Re: Im planing on tryin my luck in the near future. Questions be4 I take the leap of faith!!!PLEASE!!! [Re: creep 1nc]
    #424418 - 05/26/10 10:03 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Ya that makes sense but would the whole "Foxfarm" line, "Batguano", "molasses", "budswell" "Bud Blood" "ROOT ENHANCER" be safe to use.

Also when I select my mother/mothers and already know for sure its a Female, how often can I trim off clones/bad leaves with out hurting it?

Also what feeding schedule do I keep my mother in?(If using Fox Farm) Please.... Thanks to all that take there time to respond...

OfflineThUmB pRiNt
Male

Re: Im planing on trying my luck in the near future. Questions be4 I take the leap of faith!!!PLEASE!!! [Re: ThUmB pRiNt]
    #424436 - 05/26/10 10:37 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry forgot to mention Its gonna be indoor 3 or 4, 4ft fluorescent "VEG" 2 400 Watt Switchable digital ballast."Flower" I originally had one but a close friend passed and his mother sold me a second one for 40 bucks. I understand everything u guys are saying about simplicity but all that stuff I mentioned was FREE!!! How should I use them?(safely)  Should I dilute everything?

Offlinecreep 1nc
Stranger

Re: Im planing on trying my luck in the near future. Questions be4 I take the leap of faith!!!PLEASE!!! [Re: ThUmB pRiNt]
    #424512 - 05/27/10 06:06 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

:rolleyes: start simple :rolleyes:

you are already talking about cloning and mothers before you successfully raised a plant.:rolleyes: Do one thing at a time.:wink:

--------------------

OfflineThUmB pRiNt
Male

Re: Im planing on trying my luck in the near future. Questions be4 I take the leap of faith!!!PLEASE!!! [Re: creep 1nc]
    #424866 - 05/27/10 10:55 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

LOL I get that... But clones are the easiest thing ever... Ive done clones with tomato's, strawberry's, and a few different trees. I just never had a indoor mother. All the things I've cloned have been out doors. How should I feed her? It would be great if someone that uses fox farm could help me out with there mother TEK. Should I just keep her at the last week of veg(on the fox farm chart). I know someone that mostly just waters there mother and they only feed it when its looking droopy. Is this a good idea? Or will it affect them later on when we flower the cuttings? Again THANK U ALL FOR YOUR TIME!!! GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! :hatsoff:  :hatsoff:  :hatsoff:

Offlinecreep 1nc
Stranger

#425473 - 05/29/10 09:41 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

dude, did you even start a damn seed yet in order to get a female plant that like to become a mother? skipping too many damn steps! feed her grow big sparingly

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #425474 - 05/29/10 09:47 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Well, depending on how your keeping your mom, they will need food to stay happy.  I've had my LA mom under my veg lights since December no problems.  You can keep moms happy and alive for years upon years with the proper maintenance.

I think the people in this thread are actually making this worse for you.  If you're looking to venture into hydro, I suggest starting with a soiless method like a hempy or coco grow.  They'll teach you the basics of hydro, don't require moving parts, pumps, or timers to fuck with, and are extremely easy to use.

IMO I think growing hydro first is better then soil, you have more control over your plants and you learn how to properly take care of them much faster then you do in soil.  Most people who jump straight into soil don't understand how soil grows work and usually end up struggling. 

what you should be doing is this:

1.) Plan your grow space
2.) Figure out your lighting and ventilation
3.) Construct the grow room
4.) Hang your lights, do some dry runs, get some ideas on temps and light leaks etc
5.) Once you got that sorted, get your moms going under the veg lights and do a lot of research on getting your plants ready for flower.
6.) While doing research figure out what growing method best suits your situation and go with it.

That's about 30-45 days worth of work right there so if you put the work in by the time your hit flower you should have enough knowledge to pull a decent harvest from your plants with not much effort on your part.  I highly suggest getting your rooms set up way in advance from when you'll need them.  If there are any problems you'll be able to fix them early on and won't be rushing around or caught with your back against the wall.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlinecreep 1nc
Stranger

Re: Im planing on trying my luck in the near future. Questions be4 I take the leap of faith!!!PLEASE!!! [Re: creep 1nc]
    #425475 - 05/29/10 09:49 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

oh, and you are over analyzing everything. if the mother is healthy then you should expect healthy cuttings. you have to learn the basics before you fuck your plants by burning them but you won't listen. good luck, I throw in the towel

*****just keep her healthy, change things as things arise........quit looking for a TEK, not the shroomery. hopefully it finally sunk in, sorry for being brash

--------------------

OfflineThUmB pRiNt
Male

#430610 - 06/09/10 11:01 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for ur time...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder