Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMahoney
The LokiGen
 User Gallery

Loc: So Cal
The First Cannabis Cafe' In America * 1
    #418429 - 05/15/10 06:36 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I just wanted to share this with everyone who may be wondering what Portland Cannabis cafe' is like; well what I got from being there anyways :wink: ...The Cannabis Cafe' click here to read.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: The First Cannabis Cafe' In America [Re: Mahoney]
    #418436 - 05/15/10 06:41 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

If I was in OR I'd definitely hit that place up. Washington needs to legalize dispensaries.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: The First Cannabis Cafe' In America [Re: DungenessDank]
    #418475 - 05/15/10 07:17 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

WA is a medical state as i recall.  How is your herb distributed?  Purely through coops?  or straight from the caregiver?

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: The First Cannabis Cafe' In America [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #418478 - 05/15/10 07:23 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Caregiver to patient, and patient to patient, the later I'm not sure the legality of. WA has a few dispensaries, but they have to operate in the darkness because the law now simply does not allow for them.

OfflineCoaster
I'm Back Baby
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sativa Central Flag
    #418479 - 05/15/10 07:25 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Mahoney said:
I just wanted to share this with everyone who may be wondering what Portland Cannabis cafe' is like; well what I got from being there anyways :wink: ...The Cannabis Cafe' click here to read.

why do u say in america dont u mean OR lagging ass

--------------------

OfflineMahoney
The LokiGen
 User Gallery

Re: The First Cannabis Cafe' In America [Re: Coaster]
    #419140 - 05/16/10 10:20 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:
Quote:

Mahoney said:

why do u say in america dont u mean OR lagging ass

Well I took the title from the News and Or-NORML plus I haven't seen anything like this cafe'. I've hit up places in other states and none that I've been too have a set up like this out side Canada. So if your talking North America like the area on the globe then no; Mark Emery has a very similar set up. But for the U.S.A aside from places to buy herb, I haven't been to any place thus far that would allow you hang out and smoke, not to mention with the amount of donation some of the poorer patients can pay the $5.00 member fee and smoke open to close at no cost other than the $5.00 charge just so they can pay the rent. but I'm sure most of what people get as far as information is subjective and really you can take what you will from it.:tongue2:

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

Loc: 6' under fertalizing bud
    #419153 - 05/16/10 11:11 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I think the Cannabis Cafe in PotLand, err I mean Portland, is actually closed right now. They outgrew themselves already and were forced to close briefly while they seek out a larger building that can accommodate the rising demand. So yeah, that's fucking cool too.

--------------------

OfflineMahoney
The LokiGen
 User Gallery

Re: The First Cannabis Cafe' In America [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #425933 - 05/30/10 01:35 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah I heard that as well, but I think they sold the current cafe to someone else that is not affiliated with OrNORML, but they are still open for business; then again I'm way south in the Inland Empire of SoCal. Plus I heard it from someone, who heard it, etc... So, um yeah. I however do know from a reliable source that OrNORML is in fact looking for a larger space, which stands to reason because when I left it was getting more and more packed with new faces.

OfflineMahoney
The LokiGen
 User Gallery

#425941 - 05/30/10 01:43 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

If anyone in or around San Jacinto or The San Bernardino Mt. I'm disabled and can not drive, so I'm looking for some people that may want to carpool to events and peaceful protest, I would be more that happy to compensate with gas money or whatever. Please contact me here and we can talk out details vis email or cell.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
    #426705 - 05/31/10 10:04 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

So wait, there's a Cannabis Cafe in Portland now? Thats awesome!

Is it just like in Amsterdam where anyone can walk into the coffee shop, buy a bag and smoke it there? Or is it only for medical patients with cards that use it as medicine?

I hope its the Anyone goes version. If not, the medicinal side is a step in the right direction. If it was the recreational one, holy crap! It would be PACKED all the Time I bet.

No matter what kind it is, I may have to drive up to Portland just to check it out. I wonder if I can walk around inside without a card. Hmmm....that might be risky, especially since I got caught for growing. Maybe I'll pass on going to the door. But seeing the building would be cool.

Like 13eetle Said, its Potland Now....:leaf:

EDIT: Just found another article,
thats straight-to-the-point on the Cafe. Its by an online news source called Reuters: 'First U.S. marijuana cafe opens in Portland'

Check out this crazy quote from the article....

Quote:

Reuters reported:

Members pay $25 per month to use the 100-person capacity cafe. They don't buy marijuana, but get it free over the counter from "budtenders". Open 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., it serves food but has no liquor license.

What! Free weed? No way....that seems too amazing. I kind wish I had a "chronic" illiness to enjoy the medicine of God's/humans hybrid creation...:leaf:

If only I was a patient :sad:
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Edited by TrueHerbCrystal (05/31/10 10:11 PM)

OfflineMahoney
The LokiGen
 User Gallery

Re: The First Cannabis Cafe' In America [Re: Coaster]
    #456826 - 08/08/10 01:10 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Well, your sorta right, it was not just Oregon, as it happens this kind of Cafe' to my knowledge is not the same like the ones in California. These cafes were established to help those that need a place to medication. As many patient must drive several mile just to get Chemo, or Dialysis, and as the law states this type of medication can only be consumed out of view of the public. This is why it's called the first Cann cafe' in the U.S. FYI I didn't make up the title if you watch the news then you would know exactly what you are talking about. No hard feelings~M

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals