Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Certified Internet Webmaster
    #411044 - 05/03/10 02:40 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

And the pros and cons of becoming one.  Advice anyone?

While I'm at it, do any of you know of a good computer forum?  I've googled a couple, but I'm not really sure which ones are reputable or not and actually has traffic.  I signed up on a forum about a week ago for something else, and there was literally like 3 posts in 3 days. 

--------------------

Edited by FarBeyondDriven (05/03/10 03:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTomCollins

Re: Certified Internet Webmaster [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #411062 - 05/03/10 03:29 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I use to frequent http://jinx.com/forums. It use to be an alright place with a lot of traffic and some really smart fuckers. Though it was mainly geared towards hacking, there was something for all geeks there.

Then WoW came out, the website landed a deal with blizzard and suddenly it's a gaming website and a gaming forum. Then they got rid of all the mods and got these two tight-assed clowns in that run that shit hole like a nazi camp. When this happened, the site removed the link on the main site to the forums. I guess cuz blizzard really didn't like the fact the site hosted a hacking forum. The forums are still up though and still geared towards hacking. So, although the traffic has really died down, it's kind of, sort of, not really cool because it's a "secret" forum now that you just sort of have to know about. :tongue:

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

Re: Certified Internet Webmaster [Re: TomCollins]
    #411081 - 05/03/10 04:02 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Not really the kinda place I'm looking for :lol:  Thanks for the input though.

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

#411083 - 05/03/10 04:05 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I'm telling you man, that site has some smart fuckers up in there. It's also free of the hordes of 14 year olds trying to hack their school network that typically populate forums like that. Whatevs, your call. :shrug:

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

Re: Certified Internet Webmaster [Re: TomCollins]
    #411088 - 05/03/10 04:33 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Anyone ever heard of bleepingcomputer.com?

--------------------

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
    #411126 - 05/03/10 06:16 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Certified Internet Webmaster

What specifically are you wanting to know about it?

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

Re: Certified Internet Webmaster [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #411130 - 05/03/10 06:21 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Whether it's a good career field to get into or not.  I'm looking towards managing networks for small businesses hopefully or just setting up web pages for them and stuff like that.  Nothing too high tech, just like the basic stuff I can make a decent living at.  Tired of bullshit jobs man.  It's a year long class and I was wondering if it's worth my time.  I know you work with computers, right?

--------------------

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

#411157 - 05/03/10 06:51 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Web design or network admin?

If you get into either one i guess and jobs are available in your area, they are both good careers. The average amount of pay per hour has dropped considerably over the past few years. So web develpoment is probly better if you do it per site. You can basically piece work this way and charge as little as $300 and it all goes up from there. But this requires you to be fast about building your sites. The more you do the more you make! If you have a myspace page, check into pimping it out. Give s you a basic understanding of hTML code.

Network admins and/or Network Security require more knowledge and needs to be constantly up to date with security type issues. The pay is decent per hour, depending on where you live $30-$80/hr. This was my interest. And that was what lead to my demise! Haha, security in the beginning to hacking in the end.

And yes, i used to work with computers.

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#411178 - 05/03/10 07:27 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Awesome.  Yeah, I was kinda wondering about having to keep up with all the updates with Net Security.  So it turns into to doing things you shouldn't be doing after a while?  I can kinda see that :lol: Anything that makes money? :lol:

So as far as keeping up with numerous updates and all that, web design might be the way to go because once you get it down, you kinda just keep going with that?  Is that what you're saying?

--------------------

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

#411254 - 05/03/10 08:34 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

So it turns into to doing things you shouldn't be doing after a while?

Not necessarily, depends on your self control. I am by nature a curious or nosey person, i like to investigate and when i learned a new trick, i wanted to try it. I used most my knowledge at the time for pedophiles on the net. Back in the day Yahoo chat used to be fucked up and uncontrolled. Pedo's were setting up chat rooms looking for teenage girls and boys, so i went on a pedo hunt through yahoo. I found all kinds of sick people, from fire fighters with kids to lawyers, doctors, and plain low life civilians. At the same time, I had and ran a few internet groups dedicated to learning hacking skills. Some people we had with the groups used their skills for their own purposes. Which eventually brought the feds knocking. Once you learn the magic, your a GOD!

Quote:

web design might be the way to go because once you get it down, you kinda just keep going with that?

Pretty much. But like all things in the electronic world you still have to stay up to date and on top of things. New code is always coming out. But once you learn the basic language it is pretty simple. Most schools will teach you basic understanding of the language and then train you on Dream Weaver or Front Page anyways. Using these programs are quite easy to learn. Dreamweaver is by far superior by my standards and has a shit ton of options and plug ins for web design. There is getting to be a few languages out there now too. HTML and PHP are the 2 most used with variations of both. Web design is fun and entertaining and can make you alot of money if you get efficient enough. The bigger and fancier the site, the more money you can make also. And if you can build a $1000 site a week, you get the picture.

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#411316 - 05/03/10 09:49 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Damn, I don't know if I need to learn how to hack peeps.  I would be into all kinds of shit :lol:  You used your skills for a good purpose there for a while though.

That's what's up man.  That's pretty much the answer I was looking for.  I'm just going to learn it and get it down pat and do my thing.

--------------------

OfflineHydro
Male

#411469 - 05/04/10 06:20 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Sup. not gonna start listing all my cert most of you know them already :P

Farbeyond i dont think their is actually a computer forum type of thing. probably more like a bunch of nerd rally . If you are looking for hint and pro tips i would highly suggest for yout o go to http://www.experts-exchange.com  as it is probably the most helpful forum when it come to SQL and PC issue. It also have a huge amount of information on any desktop issue.

hope this help

OfflineHydro
Male

#411473 - 05/04/10 06:29 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
Awesome.  Yeah, I was kinda wondering about having to keep up with all the updates with Net Security.  So it turns into to doing things you shouldn't be doing after a while?  I can kinda see that :lol: Anything that makes money? :lol:

So as far as keeping up with numerous updates and all that, web design might be the way to go because once you get it down, you kinda just keep going with that?  Is that what you're saying?

Web design is awesome and pay a large ammount of cash if you got the right company to work for ! Im a desktop admin so i don't know much aside how to fix Photoshop lmao.

have youy pass your ccna yet ? i know we were talking about that last year.

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

Re: Certified Internet Webmaster [Re: Hydro]
    #411655 - 05/04/10 02:53 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the info guys, Spacemonkey and Hydro.

No Hydro, I haven't got any certs yet, I know where I'm going to take the classes though.  It's basically a vocational school in my area and it's a year long course and whatever you want to get certified in after that you can.  So about the time I'm turning 23, I'll be a CIW. I'll probably get a few certs after that to add to my resume and so I can make a little bit more money.  But hopefully, I will be in school within the next month or two.  Still have to find out a couple more details, but I been runnin around in circles for long enough now and I'm tired of waking up everyday with nothing to do but smoke weed and basically working under the table where I can.  Fuck that.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds